Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Walker

Update: Dec. 1, 4:15pm PT:

@apeconcerts Twitter update:

morrissey has postponed @foxoakland tonight, but hold those tickets as we are trying to reschedule asap.

Todd sends the link:

Tonight's Morrissey Show at the Fox Theater Has Been Canceled - SF Weekly
By Ian S. Port Thu., Dec. 1 2011 at 2:57 PM

Update:
Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, hurt his eye, which is why the band cannot play tonight. His publicist says the injury is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

Original post:
Just got word from Morrissey's publicist that tonight's sold-out show at the Fox Theater in Oakland has been canceled.

No explanation for the cancelation was given. But you may remember that last time Morrissey came to Oakland in 2009, he also canceled his show -- allegedly because he was sick. (It didn't please his fans that Moz was seen out at DNA Lounge the night he was supposed to be too ill to play.)

"More details will be given as they become available," his publicist wrote.

Information on refunds was not immediately available, but we'll update this post as we learn more.

Last edited:
It was really sad some people drove out from 4 or 5 hours away. I drove from Sacramento to Oakland to see him I brought my 12 year old nephew as a treat because it would of been his first venue. It utterly hurt when Fox's personal came to tell people wating in line that it was cancelled.

the oakland show will not be rescheduled. Guaranteed!

1000% certain, 0% chance he will play in oakland this tour.

****call ticketmaster for a full refund. Morrisey sucks!

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

the oakland show will not be rescheduled. Guaranteed!

1000% certain, 0% chance he will play in oakland this tour.

****call ticketmaster for a full refund. Morrisey sucks!

I suspect you are right...whomever this 'Morrisey' fellow is, he probably won't be playing Oakland this tour.

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

today i got a tattoo of a swallow on my neck, Please come back Morrissey.

Until he drew
A swallow on my neck
And more, I will not say
He drew
A swallow, deep and blue
And soon, everyone knew

Love you Boz even if you flake on the Bay Area.

I called Another Planet Production and the said the show is Cancelled.

I guess we got spit in the eye, wasnt really necessary he missed out on a good crowd but when you Morrissey you'v already have had great shows so who cares. Especially if it is true and he really doesn't like the bay area or its just bull its hard to tell especially when you see a pattern. No way to know for sure unless your him in his head, if you feed off negative energy thats not healthy its decaying energy and will drain you and make you ugly. Maybe Matt did really get hurt, Maybe not. The Show would of been Great Energy. Im Disappointed and im not disappointed especially if thats just his style, your style then fukit, I dont love your music any less and if you tour around again ill still get a ticket on the risk of cancellation and daja vu.

I still got a Tattoo of a Swallow on my neck=)

I love your music and your Voice and lyrics you do have great lyrics and how you have evolved your self as a person and society in a time of machoness you wernt afraid to show the other side the fem. side, Feminine masculine, the two become one=)

So does anyone know why hes doesnt like the bay area?
we all now the eye issue is bogus. a poke in the eye
will go away quick. usually a serious eye injuries isnt
gonna heal in 3 days lol they take weeks, and your gonna
be so squinty eyed and water coming out of your eye you
wont be even to keep one eye open with out them getting
watery eyes. There were tons of people traveled for this
show, i am gonna hesitate buying another ticket from Another
Planet Productions.

The show has DEFINITELY been canceled. I just got off the phone with Ticketmaster and they authorized a full refund back to my card, and are now offering full refunds at point of purchase.

And thank you/f*** you to Another Planet Entertainment for not even bothering to update anyone on this show not being rescheduled. Nice job...

Call Ticketmaster at 800-653-8000 for refund info.

Second time he's done this to me in two years. Fool me once, blah blah blah.

I love him so much and he cares not a bit about me (or any other fan).

It pains me to say it but Moz is just a miserable lie.

I think it is Very Lovely that it is cancelled. Ahahahahahahahahahahahhh

I am extremely excited to hear this. It is very admirable of HIM. Right well, it is.

"And thank you/f*** you to Another Planet Entertainment for not even bothering to update anyone on this show not being rescheduled. Nice job..."

Agreed. Real f***ing class act... Fox theater sent out an email at noon today which was cool.

f*** you Mozzer, Matt or APE. Whoever. Just toss off. No show, no happy.

Why are ya all blaming Morrissey for? He's got nothing to do with the cancelled show.Somebody ate someone's eye and this was NOT Morrissey's fault. So back off Him and blame the one who's eye was eaten. I mean Really! Grow the f*** up you monstrosities of fans. Blame the band, Not Morrissey. AM I CLEAR.

I was lucky enough to see him twice in Santa Rosa, wish he'd come back there as its a great venue and the drive down from Mendo was a lot easier than the one I experienced going to OAK to find out it was cancelled...please x3

Please do not get your future tickets through 'tickets now'.
they sold me a fake ticket.

We only drove two hours to see him, but we didn't find out about the cancellation until we walked up to the doors. Has anyone else been refunded or heard of a reschedule date?

Back
Top Bottom