Morrissey comes in at #8 on NME's Ultimate Icon poll

Elvis Presley should have topped the list, the Gallagher bro's are so overrated, and Amy Whi.Cobain&Hendrix are on the list cause
of the 'mythical dead at same age'

Jeff Buckley is missing so is Streisand

List are always personal, even in a magazine

Quite true. Elvis is indeed the ultimate icon of music. Although I do feel that jimi is warrented a spot. He was influential and had a presence. Good music too.

Well I have a soft spot for amy winehouse and Ian curtis, I can empathize with them and there addiction to drink!
[/B]

First time I've ever heard of Ian Curtis having a drink problem! lol

What? No Robert Smith??? This list is a piece of shit. Morons.

Lots say that about Morrissey [Prince is an ...] cause of his private hidden personal life

He is definately a genius, and would be on the list IMHO

as for the youtube that's bullocks, I j addded ' when doves cry' on my Facebook not that long ago

no offence

I should have clarified my comment by saying his [Prince] studio recordings. You can find some crappy live recordings put up by fans. But even those get taking down. The "official" When Dove's Cry video I think you are referring to is a fake. Prince simply does not allow his music to be shared on YouTube.

Fake video...

I challenge you to find me a studio recorded video on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, but we could argue that he's more iconic than half the people on the list. But we could do that for many others. winehouse is the clear violation of the list. I do find it funny that death instantly raises your legend. Whether pedophile or junkie. Appreciating talent its one thing but honoring these people who ruined their careers, lives, etc through drug abuse and other vices kills me. One minute she's a disgusting crack smoking lady. Next she's saint amy. Excuse the rant. I may have had a few pints too many.

Now, now... innocent until proven guilty.

here are some icons that should be on the list-elvis, bob marley, freddie mercury, madonna, jim morrisson, michael jackson, mick jagger, johnny rotten. i guess when i think of icon, i think of longevity of music, influence (over a decade), possible iconic images, such as the case with all mentioned above. I also think that if ian curtis and morrissey are in the top 10, robert smith should be right next to them. having amy whinehouse and alex turner is just plain ignorant...what was pete doherty #11 and i guess with that logic, arctic monkeys are in the top 10 of band of all time

Back
Top Bottom