Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey sounds wise and mature in his songs, yet the real life Morrissey acts like this.

You buy your ticket and in doing so you accept the terms and conditions in the small print. Moz was in the right (legally) and all the whining in the world won't change that.

Well I'm glad for him then because he hasn't always done well in the courts.

Is it actually legal to ban someone (i.e. a law-abiding citizen) from a public event?

Not all concerts are public events, much like how stores, while public places are not public like being outside. The establishment can set restrictions regarding the activity that takes place on its premises and can deny entry to people as long as it doesn't violate civil rights.

I have read David T's arguments for anonymous postings. Free speech and all the other reasons you've mentioned are admirable reasons for allowing this but crucially what actually is the end result? Pages of childish bile, hatred generally not even relating to the original post, users disappearing in their droves etc.

The nonsense written by the vast majority of anonymous postings is dragging this site down. David - If you want to carry on allowing it, the site will become worse and worse and will ultimately die a death. Can you not have a trial period without anon postings? This will not stop entirely stop people talking shit but at least 1. We'd have an idea who it is and 2. It's more hassle to set up an account, log in and post this stuff - It might reduce it even further.

I understand entirely why Morrissey has banned you from his concerts - If eg The NME allowed libellous comments to be printed in their magazine, do you think Morrissey would allow them in?

Finally for all those who state that this site is the only reason that Morrissey was able to continue after the wilderness years due to it's support - This is utter nonsense. You WOULD have found out when he was playing live as you did in the days before the internet - You WOULD have found out from other websites. A sense of perspective is required here and a lot of the users here those who solely live in their Morrissey-solo world do not seem to have it.

No wait, your "ffs" threw me there and made me doubt myself. Of course it's a public event - you were definitely right to post that anonymously, much less embarrassing that way.

It's a private event - You pay to go to it and abide by the terms and conditions of the sale.

A library is public - A public house, is not.

Not all concerts are public events, much like how stores, while public places are not public like being outside. The establishment can set restrictions regarding the activity that takes place on its premises and can deny entry to people as long as it doesn't violate civil rights.

Fair enough, I better not tell Morrissey I eat meat and am not that bothered about the Monarchy then. I always thought the small print was to let them throw out drunks and people being abusive, or to stop protesters etc. and not to pick on the law-abiding.

Morrissey has proven himself to be a true liberal: He hates free speech. Liberals don't like what conservatives say about them? Let's change the rules for radio so that Rush Limbaugh isn't allowed to be in as many markets as he is. Let's find ways to ban Fox News. Liberals HATE when their absurd ideologies are challenged, and because they are intellectual lightweights, their only solution in debate is to attempt to muzzle their competition.

Liberals HATE free speech.

Morrissey is losing it.

Finally for all those who state that this site is the only reason that Morrissey was able to continue after the wilderness years due to it's support - This is utter nonsense. You WOULD have found out when he was playing live as you did in the days before the internet - You WOULD have found out from other websites. A sense of perspective is required here and a lot of the users here those who solely live in their Morrissey-solo world do not seem to have it.

Without taking sides here but just speaking personally, then yes M-Solo was my main source of Moz tours for the last 14 years. I never buy music magazines and have nearly always gone to Moz concerts alone so I would have missed more than half of the concerts I have gone to were it not for this site, especially the current tour and the one pre-Quarry. Whether I would have got that from True-to-you is hard to say because I have only been on it twice and have not been inclined to return. Yes I'm sure the hard core would have always found a way but it is the more occasional fan (like me) that will have benefitted most from this site.

I agree about Anonymous posting though & thanks for settling private/public.
I still think Morrissey's vendetta damages him more that it helps him. Just my opinion.

Morrissey has proven himself to be a true liberal: He hates free speech.

So people can spew whatever posion they like about him, but he's not allowed to express a contrary opinion or take any action at all in response? Free speech for the detractors but not for the victim? f*** off you ignorant c***.

boycott Morrissey tour is easy, you'll save money ('cause nothing new except 3 songs and he'll have a good reason to complain about his "no label" problem) Morrissey the diva of pop... maybe somes cows or pigs will go to see him as he seems to prefer their compagnie.....

The reason why morrissey did this.

I believe it's because of the constant and fierce criticism of Jesse (which in my view is justified).

Morrissey is showing misplaced loyalty towards the guitarist who is wrecking his recording career.

Oh poor Jesse... how will he cope with being told he is a pile of steaming cowpat?

My suggestion - boo Jesse at every concert!!! I know it's been happening already, but do it louder. Perhaps Morrissey will get the message that it's the majority - not a small online minority - who can't stand Jesse's drudgery. I've heard guitar shop techs with more creativity than Jesse.

Amen brother. Well said, good post.

I also tend to think the underlying thing behind Moz's behavior has something to do with Jesse Tobias.

Morrissey, himself is not really ripped on solo. No one is attacking him.

No one is particularly going after the other band members either. It is really about Jesse Tobias.

I think the very many Morrissey fans who don't like Jesse are in the right to criticize him and hope for his departure from the band.

The very poor music composition, the heavy handed playing, the power-chord insanity and lack of finesse and style is why Jesse is so disliked.

It's very frustrating and disappointing to try your best to support Moz but have to put up with Jesse Tobias hanging around.

boycott Morrissey tour is easy, you'll save money ('cause nothing new except 3 songs and he'll have a good reason to complain about his "no label" problem) Morrissey the diva of pop... maybe somes cows or pigs will go to see him as he seems to prefer their compagnie.....

Ha ha ha ha ha. You complain that the new songs are not as good as the old songs, then you complain that there are not enough new songs... So petty, pathetic, so self-contradictory.

As many here have pointed out, the gigs still sell out in minutes, and do you really think anyone is going to boycott them simply because Morrissey exercised his legal right to eject a member of the audience (and a slitty-eyed c*** at that - hey, don't censor: name-calling is just freedom of speech, remember?)...? I think not.

Ha ha ha ha ha. You complain that the new songs are not as good as the old songs, then you complain that there are not enough new songs... So petty, pathetic, so self-contradictory.

No, just say that only 3 new songs and not so good and the man seems to prefer animal compagnie than human so let's morrissey playing in a field with his friend, he will be happy no need to disturb him with our precense and if we have to pass a check point in each concert to see if we have some illegal product, well better move and see some great other band they are many. He said what he have to say since Quarry, now it's only a repetition. No more surprise in Moz songs ...

said what he have to say since Quarry, now it's only a repetition. No more surprise in Moz songs ...

You are absolutely correct.

What really irritates me, in fact it angers me, is that artists like Morrissey do not come around very often and he he is capable of so much more if he stretched himself, but seems content to pootle along with this dreadful pub band, who seem to neither inspire him or challenge him.

A star of his magnitude should not be playing one man and his dog venues, and he knows it. Radiohead, PJ Harvey, Nick Cave are well into their second and third decades of recording and are still producing challenging, sometimes very challenging, material.

For Morrissey to waste his prodigious talent this way is a sin.

the anonymous posting is what makes it bad news. kill that and this would be 100% more legit.

Wow,
I can hardly believe it..David has been such a faithful fan.. This is the second time youuuuu Sirr Morrissey does something of the kind. david got passed it! (??). I sure hope that David is willing to take the bullshit. I hope David T is getting an exclusive show we do not know about.. He deserves it! yes David deserves,Eeven to be sang to personally by you Sirr Morrissey. Or damn damn dman, Sirr Patrick Steven Morrissey, you atleast need to take him out for a wonderful dinner or brunch,.... *In a far off place*.. Because if not, this "surely" is *laughable*!

Truly
Marisela
:eek::crazy: :sick::mad:
Yet like with Michael Jackson I personally will give the benefit of the doubt.. Only becausee I love The Smiths AND Morrissey,,, Yes your first band.

Anonymous postings? Not good enough for virtually every other forum on the interwebz, but somehow good enough for this one. My guess is that it's a simple way to get the content up, from people who wouldn't otherwise bother registering.

I came here having seen elsewhere that davidt was banned from a recent Morrissey gig, potentially with some sympathy. I have now learnt that it gives me the freedom to call him a bellend, without needing to justify it or with any fear of reproach.

Back
Top Bottom