Morrissey and me at the tattoo parler

R

robotsoup

You're probably hoping to for something a bit more interesting than what you're about you read...My tattooed girlfriend is going to the parler tomorrow, and it is easy for her to get almost anything stick on her without a moment of thought. That's great for her, but I have had nightmares of having a body covered with horrible tattoo images. Another dream I've had about a dozen and a half times is that Morrissey is signing his name on my arm, but he signs it Morisey...and I can't get him to fix it. So here is where I am going with all of this. I'd love to have a great Smiths/Morrissey tattoo...But, I can't wait around for Morrissey to knock on my door with a Sharpie marker. Is there anyone out there who has a tattoo(s) of a Smiths/Morrissey album cover, or really anything related to Morrissey at all...how do you feel about it now that it is on your body forever? Did it turn out nice? Is a cover, like 'The Queen is Dead', much too defined and specific to get as a tattoo that will look nice? Do your peers/parents/parole officer/bullies at school give you greef over having such a mark? I fight with myself over this often..I need some reassurance as to what I should do, or not do to my pale skin. Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. I will be at Both Colorado shows, Sante Fe, and both Las Vegas shows...so you might get to see the end result if I go ahead with it all!

If you are having doubts, don't get a tattoo. I have a lot of tattoos and feel that they are a part of me. Having said that, the first tattoos I had, have all been covered up with much better tattoos. Most people with a lot of tattoos have some cover-ups,so although you may not go off tattoos, you may go off a particular tattoo you have. These days, the best tattooists can tattoo anything, the complexities of modern tattoos are mindblowing. As for how people react, again, if you are worried, dont get a tattoo. Some people are shocked by my tattoos, but most are impressed by the quality. Girls usually want to see them and dont seem to have a problem. You have to ask yourself 'am I safe enough to be out of step and different'. If there are a hundred guys waiting to take your job, then the answers probably no. Hope this helps. Your doubts tell me that you shouldnt have one. If you do have one, then have it on your upper arm or chest, somewhere where you can cover it if need be. I cant cover mine, but then I dont need to, you might, so think carefully.

> You're probably hoping to for something a bit more interesting than what
> you're about you read...My tattooed girlfriend is going to the parler
> tomorrow, and it is easy for her to get almost anything stick on her
> without a moment of thought. That's great for her, but I have had
> nightmares of having a body covered with horrible tattoo images. Another
> dream I've had about a dozen and a half times is that Morrissey is signing
> his name on my arm, but he signs it Morisey...and I can't get him to fix
> it. So here is where I am going with all of this. I'd love to have a great
> Smiths/Morrissey tattoo...But, I can't wait around for Morrissey to knock
> on my door with a Sharpie marker. Is there anyone out there who has a
> tattoo(s) of a Smiths/Morrissey album cover, or really anything related to
> Morrissey at all...how do you feel about it now that it is on your body
> forever? Did it turn out nice? Is a cover, like 'The Queen is Dead', much
> too defined and specific to get as a tattoo that will look nice? Do your
> peers/parents/parole officer/bullies at school give you greef over having
> such a mark? I fight with myself over this often..I need some reassurance
> as to what I should do, or not do to my pale skin. Please feel free to
> e-mail me at [email protected] . I will be at Both Colorado shows, Sante
> Fe, and both Las Vegas shows...so you might get to see the end result if I
> go ahead with it all!

How about temporary tatoos? They can be good subsitutes before getting a real one. There should be some kind of ink transfer that will temporarily stay on your skin surface until you wash it off. Make sure you wake up everday loving your temp tatoos before you make the final decision.

I think you should refrain from getting Morrissey's pic tattooed on you. All of the tattoos I've seen that attempt to render his likeness look ridiculous and pretty comical. It's just too hard. Think of all the "drawings" of Morrissey and you'll know what I mean. A lot of people have his signature--that's not too original anymore. My advice is to pick a song or a line from a song you like and have something made out of that.

As for me?? I have gladioli with "Morrissey" written underneath. Maybe that's not too original, either.

please do not get a MOZ tattoo. trust me.

you wil be making a mistake. you definitely outgrow him and you will regret it in 5 years. trust me. morrissey's career is almost done(and even if it goes on for 20 more years) and forever you'll have to answer stupid questionslike "who is Morrissey"? "what does that MEAN"? "why'd you get that"
I guarantee the majority of you who get a Moz tattoo will regret it.
Most of all: do not get words of songs put on your body! or NAMES! Only dead people's names should be tattooes.

******Please think about what I just said, no matter how inarticulate you think I've said it.

> I think you should refrain from getting Morrissey's pic tattooed on you.
> All of the tattoos I've seen that attempt to render his likeness look
> ridiculous and pretty comical. It's just too hard. Think of all the
> "drawings" of Morrissey and you'll know what I mean. A lot of
> people have his signature--that's not too original anymore. My advice is
> to pick a song or a line from a song you like and have something made out
> of that.

> As for me?? I have gladioli with "Morrissey" written underneath.
> Maybe that's not too original, either.

Back
Top Bottom