More rare versions of Morrissey / Smiths songs uploaded

Re: Some songs

One hopes the next piece of shit who has the sheer temerity to question Uncleskinny's extraordinary and ongoing contribution to this site knows just how far up their arse they can shove it.

Calm down, dear. Just because he allowed us to have some of the stuff in his private stash?
Using this logic, no one can ever criticise anyone who ever released a good album. Which would lead to the collapse of this site.

Here's three more. I think that's it for now, unless I find another old drive or something. I'm not sure if these have been posted before, I think the Never Had No One Ever might have been. It's a little freaky - laughter and trumpets and such.

Boy Racer Demo: https://soundcloud.com/peter-skinny/boy

Never Had No One Ever early version: https://soundcloud.com/peter-skinny/never

Southpaw early version: https://soundcloud.com/peter-skinny/s-paw

Oh, come on now! There is no way you just *forget* you have these lying around!
That version of NHNOE is... unique. How different things could have been...

LULZ!

Let's all be realistic: Peter, the cockroach, is uploading songs that Mr. Reynolds has given him, but refuses to upload here since Tseng wouldn't take down the pedophilia link from the front page. Not to mention the fact that the cockroach is LYING about finding them mysteriously on a hard drive--which proves what a shithead of a human being he is--but he deserves no thanks beyond that of a bag of shit in his face.

Also, Peter, what f***ing dork sings with their hand in their pocket?! GET REAL YOU DAFT c***!

Why didn't you post them then you tosspot! I bet you believe the moon landing was a conspiracy as well!

Thank you for this gift of Smithsology / Anthorrissey gems. Southpaw is particularly stunning with the added 'violin' bits.

Calm down, dear. Just because he allowed us to have some of the stuff in his private stash?
Using this logic, no one can ever criticise anyone who ever released a good album. Which would lead to the collapse of this site.

It would collapse this site should Morrissey release a good album any time in the future.

Not to mention the fact that the cockroach is LYING about finding them mysteriously on a hard drive--which proves what a shithead of a human being he is--but he deserves no thanks beyond that of a bag of shit in his face.

U mad, bro?

Many thanks once again to Peter, and also to 'Michael Bone', your generosity is much appreciated. :)
The two new Smiths outtakes in particular are a most welcome surprise.

This has prompted me to revisit the list of Smiths songs/outtakes known to exist, yet to be made available.

Accept Yourself - early piano version (4:34)
Bigmouth Strikes Again - studio outtake (3:24)
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side - studio outtake (3:23)
Cemetry Gates - studio outtake (3:06)
Frankly Mr Shankly - studio outtake (2:26)
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle - Decibel Studios demo
I Know It's Over - studio outtake (5:52)
I Want A Boy For My Birthday - home recording/demo
A Matter Of Opinion - home recording/demo
Never Had No One Ever - instrumental (5:48)
The Queen Is Dead - instrumental (3:36)
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others - studio outtake (4:45)
Suffer Little Children - Decibel Studios demo (7:00)
Sweet And Tender Hooligan - studio outtake (3:02)
Vicar In A Tutu - instrumental (4:43)

Most of these (the TQID outakes/instrumentals) can be found on the same cd-r as Never Had No One Ever was ripped from.
Anyone? :D
Joking aside, not so many left to be unearthed now, the early recordings may be somewhat trickier (I want A Boy For My Birthday, A Matter Of Opinion and the two Decibel demos sold by Dale to a private collector), but most of the others should be within reach.

A rush and a push and the songs are ours... :)

Happy New Year to all at Solo!

PS: You won't find anything like this on the 'other site' or elsewhere on the internet, this is why, warts and all, I say accept no imitations.

Never Had No One Ever is stunning and Bengali in Platforms is just lovely. Thank you!

Many thanks once again to Peter, and also to 'Michael Bone', your generosity is much appreciated. :)
The two new Smiths outtakes in particular are a most welcome surprise.

This has prompted me to revisit the list of Smiths songs/outtakes known to exist, yet to be made available.

Accept Yourself - early piano version (4:34)
Bigmouth Strikes Again - studio outtake (3:24)
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side - studio outtake (3:23)
Cemetry Gates - studio outtake (3:06)
Frankly Mr Shankly - studio outtake (2:26)
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle - Decibel Studios demo
I Know It's Over - studio outtake (5:52)
I Want A Boy For My Birthday - home recording/demo
A Matter Of Opinion - home recording/demo
Never Had No One Ever - instrumental (5:48)
The Queen Is Dead - instrumental (3:36)
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others - studio outtake (4:45)
Suffer Little Children - Decibel Studios demo (7:00)
Sweet And Tender Hooligan - studio outtake (3:02)
Vicar In A Tutu - instrumental (4:43)

Most of these (the TQID outakes/instrumentals) can be found on the same cd-r as Never Had No One Ever was ripped from.
Anyone? :D
Joking aside, not so many left to be unearthed now, the early recordings may be somewhat trickier (I want A Boy For My Birthday, A Matter Of Opinion and the two Decibel demos sold by Dale to a private collector), but most of the others should be within reach.

A rush and a push and the songs are ours... :)

Happy New Year to all at Solo!

PS: You won't find anything like this on the 'other site' or elsewhere on the internet, this is why, warts and all, I say accept no imitations.

Thanks for the list above, and to Uncle for giving us the links earlier. It all goes to show how much great stuff there is out there. Moz and Marr should be including these songs in deluxe editions of albums. Like Robert Smith did with his deluxe version of Disintegration, Kiss Me, etc.

Speak of the devil.

Thank you Peter.

I really like the version of Southpaw. Ultimately i think i prefer all of the released versions to these but they're a fantastic listen nonetheless.

By the way, in my opinion, that vocal on the 'Never' early version is just about the best I've ever heard him sing.

I agree. And the demo version of Southpaw is even stronger than the album one (and that is saying something considering it's one of my favourite Morrissey songs of all time). I am eternally grateful. A warm Thank you from snowy Stockholm

I´m looking for this one for ages:

I KNOW WHO I LOVE (Boorer, Maladjusted sessions 1997)
An upbeat Maladjusted outtake boasting a jangling guitar melody similar to that album’s “Alma Matters”. Moz sings of highs, lows, and even “these pills I’m prescribed”. Optimistic and catchy, it still begs for an official release. 
Sample lyric: “These words I’ve written down/ Convey the way that you play/ You see it, you want it, you take it/ And then it’s yours”

Seldom post on here, but just wanted to say thanks for posting these and thanks also to those who keep this site going. It's one of the few things that has constantly been great as a Morrissey fan.

Wish list for NYE LA concert:

There is a Light that Never Goes Out
The More you Ignore me the Closer I get
Life is a Pigsty
Jack the Ripper

how does moz reward bot loyalty? by giving skinny the good stuff and giving them nothing. skinny gets all the rare material to post, and the bots have to download off his link.
who says moz has no sense of humor.

Back
Top Bottom