Michael Bublé mentions being badmouthed by Morrissey in Guardian interview

From 'The Guardian' today, interview with Michael Bublé ~

"What's the worst thing anyone ever said about you?

Morrissey said once, "Fire in the belly is essential, otherwise you become like Michael Bublé – famous and meaningless". I just thought, "I wish I could be as successful as Morrissey."

Link posted by Kewpie:

Michael Bublé, singer – portrait of the artist - The Guardian
The Canadian singer talks about why it's good to steal from other artists, the problem with the record industry – and what it's like to be badmouthed by Morrissey

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Michael Bublé mentions being badmouthed by Morrissey in Guardian intervi

So you think that Morrissey is less talented than Dire Straits, George Michael and Madonna?

f***ing Hell, that's a hell of a put down.

What are you doing on here again? :lbf:

As a bloke Buble seems alright, his music does seem completely pointless but then I imagine I'm not his target audiance. He fills the void that Cliff left when he decided to only appear at Christmas.

Talent, drive, business and managerial support is what he said. Morrissey has rarely if ever had all four of those things working at the same time for him. I will never forgive George Michael for Wham! "wake me up before you go-go" but I can't think it doesn't take talent to write that or everyone would do a hit single and retire early. Michael Jackson... I don't know... he did some really shitty records, horrible records, and degenerated into a bag of tricks, with all those awful noises he made in lieu of vocals. But there was a time when he was gifted. I prefer that word to talented. It implies that it is effortless. Talented is like a painter telling you how he did it. Just look at the painting.

Can talent fade? I almost think it's a myth sometimes. So many people are called "talented" and that's always a sign that you're going to see someone who is basically the Yngwie Malmsteen of what they do. "Talented" is a curse, worse than being called "interesting." Imagine someone wants to take you out to see a "talented" musician. If that's how they describe it I know I'm going to see the equivalent of Sting in his jazz phase.

Re: Article: Michael Bublé mentions being badmouthed by Morrissey in Guardian intervi

if you tick the box "remember me" under the login, it won't log you out. i discovered this after some painful losses of blogs and long winded pm's to people i absolutely adore on here. when you log out, un-tick it, so you don't stay logged in permanently, the re-tick on next login.
i thought it was the server timing out or something, some forum templates like this have options where you can control the length of login time for your username, but this is the only way i have found to get around this annoying feature.
it's meant to be for your own security, but as with many things meant to keep you safe, it manages to keep you safe from having a web experience at all! (NORTON, I'M LOOKIN AT YOU! Anti-virus, my arse!)

Thanks a lot for the tip! I'll definitely start doing that. That's too bad you lost some blog posts and pm's. It is pretty disconcerting to type a lot and then have it vanish like a puff of smoke. Thanks again!

Talent, drive, business and managerial support is what he said. Morrissey has rarely if ever had all four of those things working at the same time for him. I will never forgive George Michael for Wham! "wake me up before you go-go" but I can't think it doesn't take talent to write that or everyone would do a hit single and retire early. Michael Jackson... I don't know... he did some really shitty records, horrible records, and degenerated into a bag of tricks, with all those awful noises he made in lieu of vocals. But there was a time when he was gifted. I prefer that word to talented. It implies that it is effortless. Talented is like a painter telling you how he did it. Just look at the painting.

Can talent fade? I almost think it's a myth sometimes. So many people are called "talented" and that's always a sign that you're going to see someone who is basically the Yngwie Malmsteen of what they do. "Talented" is a curse, worse than being called "interesting." Imagine someone wants to take you out to see a "talented" musician. If that's how they describe it I know I'm going to see the equivalent of Sting in his jazz phase.

He had a very good point if he'd said drive and business, I can't agree with talent, I'm sure Morrissey has had all the managerial support he needs but he's just been, well, a bit unmanagable.

I think Jackson was obviously talented but I have a theory and one which includes Morrissey too. Whoever you look at, whether Bowie, Jackson, Prince, The Beatles, The Stones - anyone who's hit the top, they've produced their best work alongside certain people; Bowie - Ronson, Jackson - Quincy Jones, Prince - The Revolution, Moz - Marr, etc. So when these people dip out of form people just assume it's 'cause they got old, I think it's just the change in chemistry between musicians. I stand by the other comment though, unless talent is being part of a media circus.

Back
Top Bottom