Maxwell Sterling (Linder's son) soundtracks brutal boulevards on Hollywood Medieval - FACT Magazine

Stranger in LA: Maxwell Sterling soundtracks brutal boulevards on Hollywood Medieval - FACT Magazine
BY STEPH KRETOWICZ, AUG 4 2016

The debut album by Manchester-born musician and James Ferraro collaborator Maxwell Sterling grapples with the split personality and stark inequality of Los Angeles. Steph Kretowicz hears how his fusion of digital and ambient sound captures the glamour, grime and violence of his adopted city.The debut album by Manchester-born musician and James Ferraro collaborator Maxwell Sterling grapples with the split personality and stark inequality of Los Angeles. Steph Kretowicz hears how his fusion of digital and ambient sound captures the glamour, grime and violence of his adopted city.

Excerpt:

The score is part of a durational performance piece by post-punk artist and radical feminist Linder Sterling, who also happens to be his mum.

39083_Maxwell-Sterling-Hollywood-Medieval-3-970x550.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Hogg introduced me to Maxwells parents at a Morrissey show in Manchester, I think the Apollo `07.
Both very nice people so i`d imagine the son is also a nice chap. Not listened to this yet so can`t comment on the music, maybe i`ll set aside an hour or so over the weekend and check it out?

Back
Top Bottom