London - O2 Brixton Academy (Oct. 11, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Shoplifters Of The World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Have-A-Go Merchant / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of 'Buddy TC', @This Charming Bowie & @dneuer

Last edited:
I have seen Morrissey many times over the years - but that was undoubtedly the best. Just brilliant. He looked and sounded amazing. And appeared so suave and dapper in jacket and bow-tie.

Highlights were How Soon (what an opener!), First of the Gang, Irish Blood, Shoplifters (such a joy they played that), Everyday, Ripper, plus the encore. Although much as I love the punk simplicity of Sweet & Tender, it wouldn't be my first choice to have as an encore. But I cavil.

The crowd seemed a bit muted during most of the new and newer songs (from Dog) which was interesting.

A real mix in the crowd of the young and the old - he is clearly still finding a new audience and any reports of his death are greatly exaggerated. Brixton Academy was rammed.

With regard to the new album, he said something along the lines of: That was a song from the new LP...which is about...about...[exasperated sigh]...it's just about.

Ominous. Could this be the great 'lost' album that will never see the light of day?

Moz said before the record will be dropped, and now it will be ‘just about’ so this might be that the album will be released online only? On Spotify Deezer Apple?? Can t imagine no physical release though but there s not a label that mentions him in their fall releases…well I wonder …

I very much enjoyed tonight, or rather last night. As good, as one could have hoped for considering. Bizarre crowd mix of the dedicated, casual and scarily fugly but ......hey, ho.
Loving the shades Stevie....
Primark by any chance ???

technically, my phone/AWM’s IG account, but only matters that people dig it. It’s the least I could do as thanks for the overwhelming support and appreciation for the band (and Alain specifically). 🙏
Apologies the quality isn’t better, but it’s “something”
That would be Darrin @dneuer using Alain's phone.
Regards,
FWD.

technically, my phone/AWM’s IG account, but only matters that people dig it. It’s the least I could do as thanks for the overwhelming support and appreciation for the band (and Alain specifically). 🙏
Apologies the quality isn’t better, but it’s “something”
Thank you so much for all you've done, it's very much appreciated. It really is so good to see Alain too, he was with Moz the first two times I saw him solo live and I've been a fan ever since.

Apocalypse Now.
&
Vince Taylor probably.
FWD.
It looked like it the was the Ride of the Valkyies segment from Apocalypse Now - but the video is on Youtube and it says it is made up of clips from Apocalyse Now and Full Metal Jacket. With Search and Destroy by the Stooges, of course.

And the other video was indeed Vince Taylor. The fading star 'messiah' who was probably one of the main inspirations for the character of Ziggy Stardust. This brief biography is well worth a watch...

Morrissey’s equivocation about the release of Bonfire would be entertaining, if I wasn’t so hopelessly committed to hearing it this year, next year or any year.

You deliver in both live and studio settings Moz!

Moz has had a rough few years, all the love and positivity may be overwhelming to him because he may not have been expecting it.
And yeah, I am going to go there, after what Marr did to him he really needed this, he needed to be shown the fans still love him. Marr said Moz wrote the open letter because he had nothing going on and Marr had everything going on, and we see how that turned out. Morrissey emerged victorious, like he deserved to. This has been wonderful to see.
I think Alain deserves some credit, not sure how, but Moz seems really happy with him around. He seems like a lot of fun.
I see the bigger picture in all this.
I see a desperate man !!!! Out on his arse.

Look at the tell tail signs.

A sparse low budget stage set that will fit into a small trailer and hook onto the back of the tour bus. (7 lights, projector and a smoke machine)
The need to write SOLD OUT on every venue poster and post on social media.
Finally admitting to himself that he had no other option but to bring Alain back in to get the Lawnmower chugging again.
The Manchester gimmick song even though he‘s had 4ck all to do with Manchester for years.
He now arrives for performances on the tour bus because nobody will foot the bill for the limo’s anymore.
The selling of the signature.
More tatty crap merch than Camden market.
An L P that no label will invest in.
No bollocks when it comes to mentioning the death of Her Majesty or sing the Big Smith’s singy songy about her.
The introduction of the gimmick song in Manchester was a whispered one.

Its all smoke and mirrors, don’t be fooled.
He’s nothing but a CrankFraud walking in the rain just to get wet on purpose.

Luff n hugs to ya’ll

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Moz has had a rough few years, all the love and positivity may be overwhelming to him because he may not have been expecting it.
And yeah, I am going to go there, after what Marr did to him he really needed this, he needed to be shown the fans still love him. Marr said Moz wrote the open letter because he had nothing going on and Marr had everything going on, and we see how that turned out. Morrissey emerged victorious, like he deserved to. This has been wonderful to see.
I think Alain deserves some credit, not sure how, but Moz seems really happy with him around. He seems like a lot of fun.
Thats True I Agree GIF

In your 60s and to still be so loved and adored in such a vile and baiting society is something to cry about…. Tears of gratitude.
Yeah, you're probably correct actually.
I suppose after four years of being called every name under the sun, and to have a seemingly endless conclave of cloth-eared clowns telling you that "you've tainted The Smiths for me", it must be very validating to be back among the adoring throng👍👍

it wouldnt surprise me if alain hasnt persuaded M to go down the self release route with regards to the new album.

👆
This could well be the case.
Alain's last efforts included a physical product eventually, but he got it out to big digital streaming and sales sevices (including Amazon) quite efficiently for a 'small' EP's release.
The only real stumbling block would be...
Well, no guesses needed :)
Regards,
FWD.

It looked like it the was the Ride of the Valkyies segment from Apocalypse Now - but the video is on Youtube and it says it is made up of clips from Apocalyse Now and Full Metal Jacket. With Search and Destroy by the Stooges, of course.

And the other video was indeed Vince Taylor. The fading star 'messiah' who was probably one of the main inspirations for the character of Ziggy Stardust. This brief biography is well worth a watch...

Will have to trawl footage, as CCR - Fortunate Son / Apocalypse Now footage has been reported to have been played in pre-show. I'm aware of the Iggy / AN video, just not seen confirmation it's being played this year - will keep looking.
Regards,
FWD.

Brief 5* review.
By Kirst Hubbard.

Morrissey-at-Brixton-Academy-Miguel-de-Melo-The-Upcoming-08-1024x620.jpeg

Excerpt:
The celebrated 80s indie rock vet definitively proved that he still has his finger on the pulse of rock’n’roll and isn’t likely to loosen his grip anytime soon. Fans old and new gathered under one roof and witnessed a true once-in-a-lifetime gig. Without a doubt they will not be forgetting this performance anytime soon.

https://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2022/10/12/morrissey-at-brixton-academy-live-review/

Regards,
FWD.

I see the bigger picture in all this.
I see a desperate man !!!! Out on his arse.

Look at the tell tail signs.

A sparse low budget stage set that will fit into a small trailer and hook onto the back of the tour bus. (7 lights, projector and a smoke machine)
The need to write SOLD OUT on every venue poster and post on social media.
Finally admitting to himself that he had no other option but to bring Alain back in to get the Lawnmower chugging again.
The Manchester gimmick song even though he‘s had 4ck all to do with Manchester for years.
He now arrives for performances on the tour bus because nobody will foot the bill for the limo’s anymore.
The selling of the signature.
More tatty crap merch than Camden market.
An L P that no label will invest in.
No bollocks when it comes to mentioning the death of Her Majesty or sing the Big Smith’s singy songy about her.
The introduction of the gimmick song in Manchester was a whispered one.

Its all smoke and mirrors, don’t be fooled.
He’s nothing but a CrankFraud walking in the rain just to get wet on purpose.

Luff n hugs to ya’ll

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:
Yip. We all see a desperate man Benjamin. Were you breast-fed per chance?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom