"Lady Willpower" release - official lyric video posted for May 17, 2019

It really doesn’t. It devalues the album and the event. The fact that Morrissey is releasing an album generates an abundance of excitement in itself. Having heard half of it weeks before release is the equivalent of opening your Christmas presents before Christmas.
Luckily one is not forced to listen to all of them. But I do miss the days of one single ahead of each album.

That was in the days of purchasing albums. The avid fans will purchase anyway and the rest will stream on music services... so I don't think it has any negative impact. Honestly, I was ambivalent about this covers album but what I've heard so far has me excited to the hear the rest and in context (running order). I'm not sure having only heard "It's Over" would have done it for me.

Interesting though we didn't hear this much of LIHS before the release (not as released singles anyway).

EFC32E91-2D50-49DC-AE44-39DE33CE87BB.gif

I’m so excited! And I just can’t hide it!

I only used Christmas as an example. But yeah, advent calendars are an even better one. Releasing half the album as singles weeks before the album is like eating all 24 pieces of advent calendar chocolate in like the first week or so.
And you’re right, the digital age really has changed the way we consume. Personally I feel that a lot has been lost along the way.

You’re even older than me! But yeah, I understand where you’re coming from.

That seems to be happening more and more as I get older and older. I guess we’re just different. If I could have eaten all the chocolate right away I would have. Once I got older I just bought chocolate when I wanted it and never bothered with a calendar again

it increases anticipation which is always the greatest pleasure.
Ehh not for me. I don't mind hearing a couple of songs in advance but this album will feel old before it's even born. I can't b pretend that I'm too excited about a covers album anyway if I'm honest.

I don’t. My enjoyment isnt really in the anticipation. I’ll either like it or I won’t but everyone’s different. Maybe it’s a generational thing

I can have it both ways. I fondly remember the good old days of anticipating a new album by a favorite artist, hoping to.hear one or two tracks of it as a teaser on the radio. But I have also embraced the Spotify era, and it has not stopped me from listening to albums in their entirity or buying albums.
What I miss the most are the singles or songs in between 2 albums.

I can have it both ways. I fondly remember the good old days of anticipating a new album by a favorite artist, hoping to.hear one or two tracks of it as a teaser on the radio. But I have also embraced the Spotify era, and it has not stopped me from listening to albums in their entirity or buying albums.

Not to mention The Smiths were always a singles band.

They would be tailor made for this era.

This is how it’s done now. One single at a time, every couple of weeks.

I think hits it on the head. It allows us to choose and have control. If we wanna wait we can and if we don’t we can go that route as well. Yeah he doesn’t do that as much these days with the singles and eps. I guess we get the bonus songs as a kinda in between though. How long was it that the bonus songs from lihs were released. I know I didnt buy the album again and just got the songs. I feel like we’ve got blue dreamers eyes by the time plus the bonus songs a bit after and what will likely be right In between that release and this upcoming covers album. Chain gang even got a video. Lots of bands still release eps in the digital age

That was in the days of purchasing albums. The avid fans will purchase anyway and the rest will stream on music services... so I don't think it has any negative impact. Honestly, I was ambivalent about this covers album but what I've heard so far has me excited to the hear the rest and in context (running order). I'm not sure having only heard "It's Over" would have done it for me.

Interesting though we didn't hear this much of LIHS before the release (not as released singles anyway).
Not as released singles, no, but we heard half the album live before it's release.

Ehh yes you could. How about a new Moz album as good as Vauxhall?
Any album, by anyone, as good as Vauxhall would be welcome. I’ve been waiting for a quarter of a century for this to happen, and I still see no danger.

It really doesn’t. It devalues the album and the event. The fact that Morrissey is releasing an album generates an abundance of excitement in itself. Having heard half of it weeks before release is the equivalent of opening your Christmas presents before Christmas.
Luckily one is not forced to listen to all of them. But I do miss the days of one single ahead of each album.

Thick bot

YT official audio link found by The Doc via the downloads section:

Regards,
FWD.

oh dear. the first real turkey of the album. wasn't a fan of Wedding Bells either but this is just awful and cringeworthy. Moz likes some 60s naff shit - and the song just doesn't suit his voice.

Given the tracks we have heard .. can't wait for the album... It's going to be magnificent I think .. happy days

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom