Its like sailing on the Titanic with an Ostrich on lookout duty...

Re: Its time David Tseng grew a pair...

I must not be a good 'sherlock' -- I took a couple minutes to search for the 'Disgraceful poll on main page' and do not see any posts or references to Kewpie. What are you referring to in naming this thread as an example of unreasonable behavior?

Good! What action do you plan to take regarding the examples of unreasonable behaviour that you did find?

Hugh,

From what I can tell you basically want Kewpie to stop being a moderator and you want David to completely change the way that he responds to people.

I am not going to tell you that your opinions are not valid because they are simply opinions and therefore cannot be wrong.

So what I am wondering, are you hoping that your posts will actually bring the changes you want seen come to pass or are you venting or perhaps there is some other motivating factor behind all this?

When I see arguments like this I think about the time a Jehova's Witness came to my door and wanted to talk to me about God. I told him that I was an atheist and I really was not interested in what he had to say. He tried to insist that I should listen to him. I asked him, "If I were to spend the next 30 minutes trying to convince you there is no God, do you think I could change your mind?" He said no. I asked him why then he thought he could change my mind about something that I feel deep in my heart to be true. He had no real answer.

This thread has become a stalemate. Neither side is going to shift its position. Do you have a constructive suggestion on how we can move forward from here?

Like many do and many more should, I do wish her to stop. I would have also liked David not to been rude but I'm aware both are outside my circle of influence.

I would like David and Kewpie to admit to unreasonable behaviour, apologise and state what they acknowledge as lessons learned and they will aim not to repeat them. Also that they now will aim to treat all members equally. Then do that.

It seems you think there is an alternative motivating factor. I'm curious to what you think that could possibly be?

I've insisted many times I didn't want Kewpie to target me, yet she continued. You claim you would just ignore it because there is no point ever trying to communicate with somebody who does not agree 100% with your point of view. When there is something in society that is wrong, I say it is wrong and don't stick my head in the sand pretending otherwise. I'm not so apathetic to ignore my own concerns.

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if I never kept bleating on? I also think it would have been nice not to have been drawn into all this by Kewpie in the first place, or at the very least for her to have made even a tiny effort to resolve the issues she created.

I've already previously stated my view on how this was created, what I believe should happen, what I believe will happen and how I plan to deal with the situation.

As you believe Kewpie is going to continue to discriminate against members such as myself. What do you suggest we do when the offender offends again and as is her routine, she then becomes silent on her failings and drops the problem she creates? And her peers including the administrator back her up? Don't say if I don't like it to f*** off. This has been suggested as my only other option but it's not. :)

Can I pipe up very briefly amongst The Gathering of the Worthy Adversaries?!

One thing occurs to me that could be considered. This site is one of the best fansites anywhere in scope, organisation, timeliness, accessability. Yes, it is hosted by the very capable DavidT who deserves massive respect for that, for keeping a high public profile for news relating to Morrissey and for clearing a space for people who share this interest to keep informed and in contact with eachother. None of us would be visiting only for Morrissey though, so in a since for most of us he is the main man, and it sorta feels like it should be his home too . I wonder if the place didn't provide such a ready opportunity for trolls to belittle everything he does, would this be the model that would calm everyone down? He is the uniting force and some more control over this, especially on the front page, of which I often feel almost ashamed, just for my participation at all, and which is so high on the search engine optimisation (if that's the term), might result in a surprising quality lift.

Anyway here he comes on the Janice Long show for half-hour, then again about 10 past 1. Let tomorrow look after itself...

I do give David the respect he is due.

"Cease and desist". He didn't name it "Morrissey So low" for no reason.

You chose not to read the 'FAO Kewpie', 'site suggestions?'or 'Simple question' threads?

Do me a favour. Don't waste any more of my time. It's all there for all to see. You can stick your head back up your arse now.

No, I did not want to waste my time trying to find what you are talking about. You read them and state the examples you are referring to.

Please give examples of this havoc that has been 'reek'ed.

I hear a lot of screaming and attacks with no backing (M23 is good at that) but no evidence of actual moderation abuse.

Thanks for your reply, but it kinda smacks of every other reply you make on the subject "show me the evidence" - you even trotted out that line a few weeks ago about the KNOWN chatroom troll and the obscene posting and images - when I AMONG MANY others provided you with the evidence - well the chat room died as a result of no/inconsistent and poor moderation as I predicted it would, as will the forums without a change of resolve, but thats a by-the-by.

Do you want me to collate and extrapolate evidence? dig and delve, shovel and shift through it? Like you I too am a busy man, who has taken a little time out to show a bit of solidarity - so IF I DO accept your invatation to provide this evidence, and subsequently post my findings, will you in return GUARANTEE here and now that you will strip the mod of their Moderatorship - no weasly words, no "moderators are entitled to freespeech" and absolutley no backsliding? because without this guarantee I don't think I'd be prepared to do the work involved.

Moz 23rd, firstly bad luck for the 'Tic and I do mean that, I roar on every Scottish team in Europe and it gives me extra reasons to get the beers in! I'm glad you didn't mind my posting this as I say you are more capable than I of making your own point, however I kind of feel that so few people are saying anything about the abusive moderator, (out of the dozens and hundreds that know you and Grim/GU) that I simply had to wade in...

And all those who keep silent, sit of the fence, don't want to pop their heads above the parapet bear in mind their turn will come for victimisation, the time out/ban is a conditioning tool to quell any antipathy and righteous indigtation to commenting and pointing out Moderators abuses - an example would be an electric fence around an enclosure - it looks like a perfectly nice enviroment but cross into one area where you are not allowed and ZZAP!!! retrobution will come instantly and painfully.

Sorry thats all I've got time for...gotta get up and wash my face - a few people made a few good points on this thread which I'd love to address so I'll do that latter or tomoz.

Cheers,

Reggie

Thanks for your reply, but it kinda smacks of every other reply you make on the subject "show me the evidence" - you even trotted out that line a few weeks ago about the KNOWN chatroom troll and the obscene posting and images - when I AMONG MANY others provided you with the evidence - well the chat room died as a result of no/inconsistent and poor moderation as I predicted it would, as will the forums without a change of resolve, but thats a by-the-by.

Do you want me to collate and extrapolate evidence? dig and delve, shovel and shift through it? Like you I too am a busy man, who has taken a little time out to show a bit of solidarity - so IF I DO accept your invatation to provide this evidence, and subsequently post my findings, will you in return GUARANTEE here and now that you will strip the mod of their Moderatorship - no weasly words, no "moderators are entitled to freespeech" and absolutley no backsliding? because without this guarantee I don't think I'd be prepared to do the work involved.

I'll take a look at valid reports as always and if there are violations of the TOS I will act accordingly.

Proper I just don't get why certain people can't say "thanks David" for putting time and money into this site.

I don't know why either, my beautiful thong wearing friend. Nice to hear from you again. Did you see that "The PIMP of the NHL", Stevie "The Baddest MOFO ever" Yzerman was named Capt of the Canadian Hockey Team?

David's a true PIMP, and a good fella. He is afterall, the "PIMP of California", and a card carrying Member for Yoshinoya. If you dig the Yo like he does, you're cool in my book.

I thank him for the hardwork, this site, and for being a cool brotha!!!

Last edited:

Moz 23rd, firstly bad luck for the 'Tic and I do mean that, I roar on every Scottish team in Europe and it gives me extra reasons to get the beers in! I'm glad you didn't mind my posting this as I say you are more capable than I of making your own point, however I kind of feel that so few people are saying anything about the abusive moderator, (out of the dozens and hundreds that know you and Grim/GU) that I simply had to wade in...

And all those who keep silent, sit of the fence, don't want to pop their heads above the parapet bear in mind their turn will come for victimisation, the time out/ban is a conditioning tool to quell any antipathy and righteous indigtation to commenting and pointing out Moderators abuses - an example would be an electric fence around an enclosure - it looks like a perfectly nice enviroment but cross into one area where you are not allowed and ZZAP!!! retrobution will come instantly and painfully.

Sorry thats all I've got time for...gotta get up and wash my face - a few people made a few good points on this thread which I'd love to address so I'll do that latter or tomoz.

Cheers,

Reggie

I wouldn't bother collating further evidence. Been there before. He knows fine well. I reckon he is just pretending to be that thick. Everybody knows what is going on. I put him in the same bin as the Corny bores of this world. The end.

I don't think he can think much of her either. I heard he didn't tell her he was going to Hyde park and hid from her when he saw her there. That is hardly action of thanks or even vague friendship.

As for the sieve, Hail! Hail!

I wouldn't bother collating further evidence. Been there before. He knows fine well. I reckon he is just pretending to be that thick. Everybody knows what is going on. I put him in the same bin as the Corny bores of this world. The end.

I don't think he can think much of her either. I heard he didn't tell her he was going to Hyde park and hid from her when he saw her there. That is hardly action of thanks or even vague friendship.

As for the sieve, Hail! Hail!

The expected response when asked to provide evidence. What you heard was totally untrue.

When there is something in society that is wrong, I say it is wrong and don't stick my head in the sand pretending otherwise. I'm not so apathetic to ignore my own concerns.

do you realise that saying things like this makes you sound like a complete tit?

Kewpie is going to continue to discriminate against members such as myself.

get a grip.

were you employed as a police officer, in birmingham, circa 1974/'75? :confused:

I kind of feel that so few people are saying anything about the abusive moderator [...]

have you thought about why that might be the case?

do you realise that saying things like this makes you sound like a complete tit?

get a grip.

were you employed as a police officer, in birmingham, circa 1974/'75? :confused:

have you thought about why that might be the case?

I think Kewpie can speak for herself, without your intervention. No offence. :)

I think Kewpie can speak for herself, without your intervention. No offence. :)

indeed she can. she posts quite a lot, here. what's your point? none taken. :)

Like many do and many more should, I do wish her to stop. I would have also liked David not to been rude but I'm aware both are outside my circle of influence.

I would like David and Kewpie to admit to unreasonable behaviour, apologise and state what they acknowledge as lessons learned and they will aim not to repeat them. Also that they now will aim to treat all members equally. Then do that.
I know you said you want this. Since this is not going to happen no matter what you say, how do you resolve this?

It seems you think there is an alternative motivating factor. I'm curious to what you think that could possibly be?

I don't think there is an alternative motivating factor. I think your intentions are obvious. You want to change things. It is like my God analogy. No matter how long I tell a devout Christian there is no God they are not going to walk away with a different opinion. How many posts do you think it will take to change things here? The only answer to that question is, "No amount will change things."

I've insisted many times I didn't want Kewpie to target me, yet she continued. You claim you would just ignore it because there is no point ever trying to communicate with somebody who does not agree 100% with your point of view. When there is something in society that is wrong, I say it is wrong and don't stick my head in the sand pretending otherwise. I'm not so apathetic to ignore my own concerns.

I can appreciate your opinion. If you really feel that way there is nothing I can do to change that. If you feel these things need to be said, you can do so but there is a huge difference between being combative and being cooperative. I don't believe that you are trying to change the site because you want to see the site be better because you want to see the owner of the site reach greater success. Your desires to see it change are based on things that you are taking personally.

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if I never kept bleating on? I also think it would have been nice not to have been drawn into all this by Kewpie in the first place, or at the very least for her to have made even a tiny effort to resolve the issues she created.

I've already previously stated my view on how this was created, what I believe should happen, what I believe will happen and how I plan to deal with the situation.

Honestly, if you "bleating on" is going to make you feel better then I think you should do it. I just think you should focus more on the process of making yourself feel better than being dependent on the outcome. Life will almost always disappoint you if you focus on the outcome. A good example of this is The Peaceful Warrior, a 2006 movie.

As you believe Kewpie is going to continue to discriminate against members such as myself. What do you suggest we do when the offender offends again and as is her routine, she then becomes silent on her failings and drops the problem she creates? And her peers including the administrator back her up? Don't say if I don't like it to f*** off. This has been suggested as my only other option but it's not. :)

I don't believe that Kewpie discriminates against anyone. She is discriminated against more than anyone on the board because she takes moderating so seriously. People don't like the way she moderates. None of us are perfect.

I would never tell you "If you don't like it, f*** off." That is not the type of person I am. In most situations we are all given an opportunity to walk away. I would choose to walk away from this entire conversation long before I would try to put the onus on you to satisfy my desire to not converse with you.

If you are who I think you are, I met you in Ireland in 1999. Were you following the tour with your wife and dog? If so, I have great memories of spending time with you and your crazy adventures and your declaration that you will never go to Ireland again. I hope you are that guy. If so then I know that you are a really great person. If not, I'm sure there are still great things about you, I just don't know what they are yet.

I know you said you want this. Since this is not going to happen no matter what you say, how do you resolve this?

I don't think there is an alternative motivating factor. I think your intentions are obvious. You want to change things. It is like my God analogy. No matter how long I tell a devout Christian there is no God they are not going to walk away with a different opinion. How many posts do you think it will take to change things here? The only answer to that question is, "No amount will change things."

I can appreciate your opinion. If you really feel that way there is nothing I can do to change that. If you feel these things need to be said, you can do so but there is a huge difference between being combative and being cooperative. I don't believe that you are trying to change the site because you want to see the site be better because you want to see the owner of the site reach greater success. Your desires to see it change are based on things that you are taking personally.

Honestly, if you "bleating on" is going to make you feel better then I think you should do it. I just think you should focus more on the process of making yourself feel better than being dependent on the outcome. Life will almost always disappoint you if you focus on the outcome. A good example of this is The Peaceful Warrior, a 2006 movie.

I don't believe that Kewpie discriminates against anyone. She is discriminated against more than anyone on the board because she takes moderating so seriously. People don't like the way she moderates. None of us are perfect.

I would never tell you "If you don't like it, f*** off." That is not the type of person I am. In most situations we are all given an opportunity to walk away. I would choose to walk away from this entire conversation long before I would try to put the onus on you to satisfy my desire to not converse with you.

If you are who I think you are, I met you in Ireland in 1999. Were you following the tour with your wife and dog? If so, I have great memories of spending time with you and your crazy adventures and your declaration that you will never go to Ireland again. I hope you are that guy. If so then I know that you are a really great person. If not, I'm sure there are still great things about you, I just don't know what they are yet.

That is a bit like asking Jerry Adams how the transfer of policing and justice powers should be done. I don't see Gordon Brown landing on my lawn to resolve this one. All I ask is for equality, fairness and a bit of manners. If that is a flawed aim then I have it.

I am like a mirror.

Like most people. My primary attraction here is Morrissey. The rest is peripheral.

That is me and I have returned a couple of times since. Umm, I am touched.

Love and peace Nolte.

Jerry Adams

jerry_adams.1.jpg

this guy? :confused:

I don't see Gordon Brown landing on my lawn to resolve this one.

actually, i think he might... if you kill a lot of people on the internet first.

I am like a mirror.

yes, but only if there is a fully dilated arsehole facing it.

That is me and I have returned a couple of times since. Umm, I am touched.

You returned.. heh..

For court appearances to get your license back?
To pay a visit to the hospital where you went to when the flu tried to kill you?
To give a box of chocolates to the off-duty police officer?

Just a few good reasons.

That was a great trip for me. I remember when you bought 2 beers (at the Limerick show), a Heineken and a Budweiser and was disappointed that I didn't choose the Bud because you figured as an American that is what I would choose.

Hard to believe it was 9 years ago.

Tags
atheism is pointless daddy love me god loves porn
Back
Top Bottom