It’s not about politics

Pro-Trump media personalities are scrambling to prevent the QAnon conspiracy theory from catching on with the GOP grassroots, after a Trump rally last week brought the bizarre movement to mainstream attention.

The pundits are starting to worry that QAnon supporters — who believe in outlandish claims outlined in anonymous internet posts that Trump is engaged in a good-versus-evil struggle against a global pedophile cabal — will be used by Democrats and the media to make all Trump voters look crazy. Already, QAnon supporters are showing up at Trump rallies.

Lee Stranahan, a former Breitbart reporter who now hosts a radio show at Russian-owned Sputnik, said he has struggled to convince QAnon believers that their theory is fake.

“It’s not just dumb, it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen,” Stranahan told The Daily Beast. “It’s unprecedentedly dumb in the history of American politics.”

[...]

Conservative columnist Kurt Schlichter called the theory “vaguely entertaining nonsense.” In a Reddit post, former White House press secretary Sean Spicer shot down a question about whether QAnon was “legit” with a one-word reply: “no.”

Scott Adams, the Dilbert creator who positioned himself as a pro-Trump thought leader, said in a video Sunday that QAnon believers were making all Trump supporters look “like a bunch of idiots.”

“Maybe do it a little quieter, because it’s not helping the brand,” Adams said.

QAnon supporters often posit that former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who is cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe, is somehow involved in Q. But on Monday, Flynn’s son joined in the chorus of pro-Trump figures slamming QAnon.

“While I’ve been mentioned alongside the #QAnon hashtag before, I’ve never taken it seriously,” Michael Flynn Jr.tweeted. “And you shouldn’t either.”

Flynn was soon deluged with angry QAnon fans. “I will hold my tongue, out of respect for your father,” wrote one Twitter user.

[...]

Stranahan, who has sparred with QAnon believers over Twitter for months, said QAnon is the latest example of Trump supporters falling for a Pizzagate-style conspiracy theory.

“I view this as the next rung on the ladder to hell,” Stranahan said.
https://amp.thedailybeast.com/trumps-biggest-media-fans-struggle-to-stop-qanons-spread

^^^^ Nothing in this article will deter Derek17 of course, because he's too clever to allow deep state operatives like Michael Flynn Jr, former Breitbart editor Lee Stranahan, Sean Spicer, and numerous conservative pundits to dissuade him from the fact that his intellectual cult leader QAnon is the real deal. Because where we go one (into nonsense conspiracy theory), we go all in.

Articles like this are what actually convince people that QAnon is legitimate. First, why would there be a sudden onslaught of mainstream media articles going to extreme lengths to discredit and ridicule the QAnon phenomenon? Aside from the fact that appeals to ridicule do nothing to actually disprove something, if it really were a crazy conspiracy theory, why not just ask President Trump about it in order to put it to bed once and for all? Why the media hysterics?

Second, this attitude is strongly reminiscent of the media's attitude about Trump since the beginning. "Donald Trump isn't serious. This is all a publicity stunt." "He will not win the Republican nomination." "Donald Trump will never be president." "Trump won't last a year in office." "He will crash the economy." "The jobs that are gone are not coming back." "Trump is unstable and insane." "Trump will be impeached." "Trump will start a war with North Korea." "Trump will start a war with Iran." "Trump will start a war with Russia." "Trump needs to be more aggressive with Putin." "Russia committed an act of war when it hacked our elections." "There will be a blue wave in the mid-terms."

It just gets crazier and crazier. So is QAnon a crazy idea? It sure seems like it at first, but look at how wrong the mainstream media have been all along, and look at how crazy their ideas really are. This is where critical thinking comes into play. Ultimately, being told what to think about something won't suffice. The media can bitch and whine all they want, but if they're wrong over and over again, the truth is that their credibility has diminished substantially, and therefore they are clearly taking the wrong tactic here by being so insistent (or perhaps desperate).

As outlandish as QAnon seems at first, and as outlandish as it could still be, what gives these people who are, for whatever reason, pushing so hard to discredit it any credibility? When they offer some substantial evidence rather than just engaging in hyperbolic appeals to ridicule, maybe their efforts would be more effective. As of now, the media are having the opposite effect that they intend, as usual, and it seems that, as usual, they are too incompetent to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Just read up on all this Q stuff. What a load of absolute bollocks.

I just read an article from CNN from last year saying Donald Trump would crash the economy.

At least do your due diligence and do your own research. Reading an article from a biased corporate media entity like the Washington Post does you no good.

https://qanon.pub/

I'll attach a video that covers some of the basics as well.

Without endorsing QAnon, the things that QAnon discusses are verifiable on their own. Ultimately, it doesn't matter who QAnon is so long as it is not leading people down the path of untruth and telling people how to think. As of now, QAnon's message has been for people to do research and look in to various topics for themselves, to trust President Trump's plan, which we can see taking shape in verifiable ways (50,000 sealed indictments, CEO resignations, record numbers of people in Congress not running for re-election, the implosion of Hollyweird, the reshaping of the economy and trade, etc.), and to trust yourself.

So how is QAnon bad? QAnon disavows violence. QAnon disavows ideology. QAnon guides people to think for themselves about various topics, which I see no negative in. For example, we all now accept that the Catholic Church is full of secretive pedophiles. Most of us accept that Hollyweird is full of a secret group of pedophiles. Why is it so hard for people to come to grips with the idea that the government and various other agencies would be infiltrated by nefarious people who run in secretive circles, many of which are involved in pedophilia while others are involved in other untoward activities?

None of this stuff is really that out there. Even just take a look at the Council on Foreign Relations. What is the purpose of such an exclusive club? What are their aims? What kinds of activities might they be involved in? Why are all these people in Hollywood, the government, the Church, etc. verifiably connected to each other?

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, and that is chiefly what QAnon does. Unlike the mainstream media, QAnon helps people to think for themselves rather than telling people what to think. I don't even care who QAnon is right now, so long as their motives remain positive. If it becomes clear that QAnon is compromised or guiding people in a bad direction, this could of course change, but that isn't an issue as of now.

Perhaps it's time for progressives to start thinking about what kind of society they want in the future. Is this type of behaviour acceptable? Is this what liberalism is now? This isn't about politics; we are seeing a cultural meltdown from people who identify as being on the left. Where do you go from here? When do you start setting new standards and disavowing certain attitudes and behaviours?

When do we start to confront the intolerance of the people who claim to be super-tolerant and virtuous? When do we begin to confront the racism of the left? When do we begin to say that negative emotions will never trump positive ones? When will liberals stand for basic liberal principles again?

When americans are using a french word it is actually a great step forward.

What are you smoking? Their track record of failed predictions is verifiable.

Actually some of the stuff they have 'predicted' is quite spooky. Everytime I am about to write it off as a total LARP they come up with something to make me pause. A case and point is that before the North korean summit Q made a reference to some lines that ended up being straight out of the video that Trump had made up and played to Kim. I mean how could they know that?? They get stuff wrong but gee they also get stuff right as well. Quite specific stuff that either has to be the luckiest guess of all time or some type of inside knowledge.

Actually some of the stuff they have 'predicted' is quite spooky. Everytime I am about to write it off as a total LARP they come up with something to make me pause. A case and point is that before the North korean summit Q made a reference to some lines that ended up being straight out of the video that Trump had made up and played to Kim. I mean how could they know that?? They get stuff wrong but gee they also get stuff right as well. Quite specific stuff that either has to be the luckiest guess of all time or some type of inside knowledge.

What has Q actually gotten wrong though, knowing that part of the purpose of Q is to communicate with the enemy and feed them information (or disinformation) that will make them panic and make mistakes (ex. threats that make them think that something major is imminent)? The first few Q posts in particular were like this. At this point though, we understand that this is a long process and the public would not be ready for mass disclosures et cetera all at once. Future proves past.

Ultimately, if Q really was that easy to disprove, we wouldn't be having this conversation, folks. One coincidence that Q "predicted" would be kind of cool but ultimately meaningless. However, once a pattern is formed in which predictions are made and accurate information is provided with consistency, it becomes more and more clear that Q is not a LARP. I would have been more concerned that Q could be a deep-state disinformation operation than a LARP, although it has gone too far and too much compromising information has been exposed for that to be likely now. However, I think it's evident that Q is not just some random person.

For people calling the Q phenomenon "crazy," again, ridicule is not an argument. You still aren't explaining who Q is or what Q's motivations are by calling it crazy. The truth is, you haven't got a definitive clue either. You're just dismissing something that you cannot explain and which is too challenging for you to think about in the necessary depth. Why are you doing this? Because the media told you to, and it makes you feel smart and superior. Interestingly, the same people who dismiss Q are the ones who dismissed Trump in the first place because they were told to by media outlets that don't know what they're talking about.

Just a word of caution!

The one that recently got me is where Q posted the lyrics of a song 'sea to shining sea' I think it were the lyrics and then 15 mins later Trump walks out at a live rally to the same song and the f***er stops when the 'sea to shining sea' lyric booms out of the PA and specifically sings along to those lyrics. I'm like, 'what the f*** is going on in this weird matrix?' :lbf:

The one that recently got me is where Q posted the lyrics of a song 'sea to shining sea' I think it were the lyrics and then 15 mins later Trump walks out at a live rally to the same song and the f***er stops when the 'sea to shining sea' lyric booms out of the PA and specifically sings along to those lyrics. I'm like, 'what the f*** is going on in this weird matrix?' :lbf:

And it's easy for people who haven't been following to hear about this and say "meh. That's not that crazy. Coincidences happen." That is indeed true, but when similar things happen dozens of times, you have to start wondering what the mathematical probability of so many coincidences would be. Spoiler: it's low.

I know certain segments of the population these days hate things like logic and mathematics. But you know what's crazier than thinking that maybe QAnon could be legit? Ignoring all of the evidence, mathematics, and logic that indicate that maybe it isn't so crazy when you put the pieces of the puzzle together.

So far, everyone, whatever their agenda and intentions might be, who has tried to "disprove" QAnon has failed. It is also impossible to definitively prove that QAnon is legit. But which side of the argument uses evidence, logic, and mathematics, and which side uses logical fallacies, emotional appeals, and totally lacks evidence? Which one of these approaches is more sound after all, and which one is more crazy?

You decide for yourself, people.

There's no point, you've made it clear that all the failed predictions don't count because they were disinformation to trick the enemy!

If i offered some Q proofs 9I'm still genuinely sitting on the fence over this) if I ran them past you would you care to refute them? I'm genuinely miffed as to how they have 'guessed' some of the things that have come true and wouldn't mind hearing an explanation on how they might have been done.

There's no point, you've made it clear that all the failed predictions don't count because they were disinformation to trick the enemy!

I didn't say all. But either way, it's hard to prove one way or the other. We can only go by what we have actually seen go down. Q claimed that there has been election fraud in the recent elections over the past year and indicated that this would be proven. It hasn't yet been proven, but similar to Q's prediction about Facebook's stock falling, no timeline was provided.

Certainly, when Q said late last October/early November that the Podestas would be arrested imminently, that was not accurate, as I said. But again, future proves past. We now know that there are ~50,000 sealed indictments. That's a fact. They have not been unsealed yet, which is leaving people like the Podestas in limbo, wondering if they will be arrested. Q is letting them make mistakes and therefore letting them implode in the meantime. Now that we know how things operate, things begin to make sense as part of a big picture.

It feels good to be free from the shackles of communism and fascism, which are two sides of the same coin. Ideology operates like a cancer, as we can see with the regressive and heuristic "thought" processes of some people in this thread who take turns, like zombies, parroting ideological nonsense and up-voting each other's posts to demonstrate this perverse process of non-thinking.

Let me reiterate here that what is going on today in America and the world is not about politics.

Great minds don't think alike. Great minds think for themselves. You cannot think for yourself while the mob and the media are thinking for you. "Let someone do your thinking for you" indeed. Well, not for much longer. Those who are asleep now will awaken soon.

remember that f***ing poem, "first they came for communists & i said nothing" etc, "they" in question are, like, nazis, i shit you not. fascists hate the left, and there is no equivalence between the two. when it comes to properly seeing fasho types for what they are centrists & classical liberals are so incredibly politically naive. (and guilty of this f***ing smug refusal to think while posturing as beleaguered free thinkers hated for their intelligence)

I haven't been following the QAnon thing, because it's obvious bullshit from the start. But if what you are saying is correct, then that suggests that the author has some sort of info about what song is going to be played at a Trump rally. That probably means they have watched previous Trump rallies and so know what Trump's intro music is. If he always uses different walk-on music, then it might mean that QAnon is someone on the Trump team. But it would also mean they are definitely not a high-ranking official in the administration, because advance knowledge of walk-0n music is not going to be part of the brief at that level.

I haven't been following the QAnon thing, because it's obvious bullshit from the start. But if what you are saying is correct, then that suggests that the author has some sort of info about what song is going to be played at a Trump rally. That probably means they have watched previous Trump rallies and so know what Trump's intro music is. If he always uses different walk-on music, then it might mean that QAnon is someone on the Trump team. But it would also mean they are definitely not a high-ranking official in the administration, because advance knowledge of walk-0n music is not going to be part of the brief at that level.

Consider what you say in the bolded and think about why it is problematic in regard to your ability to form an informed opinion on QAnon. Even if QAnon were indeed bullshit, you couldn't possibly speak to that point with any sort of authority.

What about when Trump sang along and made a show of pointing out a specific line that QAnon indicated just prior to that one rally? That was a one-off, and something very specific that is not usually done in any sort of routine or predictable way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom