In the hypothetical film about The Smiths / Moz who should play Mike Joyce?

In the hypothetical film about The Smiths / Moz who should play Mike Joyce?

• Total voters
Ok, let me explain.

I wasn't REALLY saying that I was the one who invented penicillin, I was just trying to get across the point that you have no idea about who I am, what I've done or what my life is worth. For all you know I could have won the nobel prize for "Most effective Seal trap" so don't judge people who you have no knowledge of. You'll wind up looking like an ass.

I also never suggested a film of my life would be a good idea.

Also, I think you're being a mite self-obsessed suggesting that penicillin is an insignificant discovery just because you're allergic to it.

It's all "ME ME ME" with you int it.

You're right, I know nothing about you. I know you didn't invent penicilin because I have actually gone to school and know a thing or two about calculating time. I may also assume that your existence is not exactly nobel-worthy otherwise you wouldn't have the time to sit here and deliberate on something completely irrelevant to most people, day in and day out.

However, before you accuse me of looking like an ass for making assumptions about your life, I must remind you that primary ass in here is yourself - you were the first to make assumptions about Morrissey's life and may I remind you that neither you or anyone else in here knows anything about that really. You've listened to a few songs and read a few articles and suddenly you're an expert? Oh, really, since when? You know only what he wants you to know and that might as well be a big worthless nothing but that didn't stop you from coming up with your own little dull scenario, didn't it?

In other words, next time you feel the urge to belittle and mock the life of an accomplished someone you know nothing about, try the mirror instead. It's easy to point fingers from a far, try doing that when you're at the same level.

That would be awesome. They could do it in the style of Team America.... Only with glove puppets! A glove puppet with a quiff would be the best thing since The Pussycat dolls!

There's a distinct possibility that if I stay drunk enough I'll actually attempt to start filming this sh!t.

what would be better is to make the story of the smiths as team america 2; as well as being popular indie band in the 1980s. they also were the 1st team america to fight for America F**K Yeah... but blew up commies, instead of well paris!

Paddy Considine for Mike Joyce

Paddy Considine for Mike Joyce

This fool can't act for anything.......perfect choice to play Mike Joyce!!

Alternate choice......BONO ;)

PS: Mr. Cutestory, Why don't you grab one of those glove puppets you're talking about and STICK IT IN YOUR MOUTH!!!
At least try putting on mittens before you begin typing so much crap! :rolleyes:

I beg your pardon? Paddy Considine is one of the best British actors at the moment.
How come you call him "this fool can't act for anything"?
Have you ever watched "Room for Romeo Brass", "Deadman's Shoes", "My Summer of Love" and "Last Resort"?
I bet you haven't heard of them.

Alternate choice......BONO ;)

PS: Mr. Cutestory, Why don't you grab one of those glove puppets you're talking about and STICK IT IN YOUR MOUTH!!!
At least try putting on mittens before you begin typing so much crap! :rolleyes:

Firstly, Paddy C is a superb actor. His portrayl of Richard in Dead man's shoes was truly amazing, and why would you want a bad actor to play Mike Joyce in this (already fncking dreadful sounding) film. Regardless of whether you like Mike Joyce because of him using the British justice system to recoup monies that where legally and morally his, he's a superb drummer and a very nice chap..... I've met him. He was incredibly friendly.

I really don't understand what you mean about the glove puppets? Are you talking about having an asphxi-w@nk a la Michael Hutchince?

Gawd!! I didn't know Paddy Considine had such a strong following around here.

Sorry, I just think he sucks as an actor.....still can't get over that over-the-top scene with Jimon Hunsu in "In America". .......WTF was that? I've only seen two of the films mentioned by Kewpie....so I guess I'm no expert in him but I still see him as weak.....and creepy.

Anyway, isn't BONO a great choice? Josh Harnett can play him in the SMITHS era. They'd have to seriously uglyfy him though, since Joyce has the sex appeal of a buzzard's crotch.

Last edited:
I was also wondering what is Peter Sellers doing on this list? Judging by other listed names, it's all supposed to be a joke therefore I don't really see how he fits in. IMO one of the most tallented actors of the 20th century.

Gawd!! I didn't know Paddy Considine had such a strong following around here.

Sorry, I just think he sucks as an actor.....still can't get over that over-the-top scene with Jimon Hunsu in "In America". .......WTF was that? I've only seen two of the films mentioned by Kewpie....so I guess I'm no expert in him but I still see him as weak.....and creepy.

Anyway, isn't BONO a great choice? Josh Harnett can play him in the SMITHS era. They'd have to seriously uglyfy him though, since Joyce has the sex appeal of a buzzard's crotch.

i haven't seen that film, so i can't tell; but was his character suppose to come across as weak and creepy!!!!! (then he is acting dear)
but paddy is good in Dead man shoes's and A room for romeo brass as Kempie said. saw him in a film called Stoned, he is alright in it that as well.
but I like the idea of a crap actor... or a non-actor playing a non-actor. now that would be real method acting, so then, paddy might be the perfect choice in your eyes, as he can't act!

nah it's still mini me guy as he has the 'sex appeal of buzzards crotch' and is the about the same height, from the ground to the buzzards crotch!

Why do you hang around? I'm so so-o-o-o-o-o-ory. Why do you telephone. My man, my deity, I love you, I want to marry you.

hey jo, are you talking of marriage to a one stephen morrissey again.
Jo Morrissey, does have a certain ring to it!

i haven't seen that film, so i can't tell; but was his character suppose to come across as weak and creepy!!!!! (then he is acting dear)

(No, dear) his character is supposed to be a loving father dealing with the death of child...etc. He just came on creepy on screen and his acting was way weak [sometimes completely not believable] compared to the other great actors in the movie. If you ever watch the movie, pay attention to the scene where he "freaks out" on Jimon Hunsu's character......Total akwardness!

nah it's still mini me guy as he has the 'sex appeal of buzzards crotch' and is the about the same height, from the ground to the buzzards crotch!

Poor Mike, is he really that short? Verne Troyer [mini me] pees all over stuff and starts making weird sex noises when drunk LOL as seen on VH1's Surreal Life...........No one, no matter how vile, deserves to be played by this lil' pervert.

As I've said before. I have no problem with homosexuality. In fact, I don't even have an opinion on it. It' just nature, like the oceans, the air, or the Pussycat dolls. However, let's be honest and open, At last I am born is a big gay jamboree! I don't understand why he feels the need to shout about it. Homosexuality is no big deal. It's not the 1950's.

If it's not about that, what is it about?
Now, why on Earth would you think that "At Last I'm Born" is about homosexuality? Let's see... is it because there is a line about "the guilt of the flesh", and, in your opinion, the only reason anyone ever could feel a 'guilt of the flesh' is because they were homosexual???

You are an idiot, but I'm sure many people have already told you that. It's hilarious that you're stating that you're not homophobic, when you so obviously are. Every comment of yours shows it, this one more than any. It's obvious from above that you believe that 1) a person should feel guilty because they're homosexual, and 2) that nobody could possibly feel guilt for feeling heterosexual desire or having hetero sex; if that does not show your homophobia, what does? The fact you might feel a lot of guilt and disgust over your own homosexual desires and that you wish more than anything to prove your a big macho hetero male, does not mean that everyone in the world is like you.

Your 'scenario' of Morrissey's life was not funny at all, BTW. The only thing that could possibly funny about it is the fact that it shows how little you know about Morrissey's life, since you seem to be drawing all your 'knowledge' from silly media cliches. In fact, I've often thought how interesting Morrissey's life actually seems, especially his adolescence, even from the little that is known through biographies and interviews, and what a great movie it would make...only it would have to be very different from any usual Hollywood biogrpahy. It wouldn't have a chronoglical structure, it would contain lots of flashbacks, and it would be directed by someone like Lukas Moodyson. :)

Now, why on Earth would you think that "At Last I'm Born" is about homosexuality? Let's see... is it because there is a line about "the guilt of the flesh", and, in your opinion, the only reason anyone ever could feel a 'guilt of the flesh' is because they were homosexual???

You are an idiot, but I'm sure many people have already told you that. It's hilarious that you're stating that you're not homophobic, when you so obviously are. Every comment of yours shows it, this one more than any. It's obvious from above that you believe that 1) a person should feel guilty because they're homosexual, and 2) that nobody could possibly feel guilt for feeling heterosexual desire or having hetero sex; if that does not show your homophobia, what does? The fact you might feel a lot of guilt and disgust over your own homosexual desires and that you wish more than anything to prove your a big macho hetero male, does not mean that everyone in the world is like you.

Your 'scenario' of Morrissey's life was not funny at all, BTW. The only thing that could possibly funny about it is the fact that it shows how little you know about Morrissey's life, since you seem to be drawing all your 'knowledge' from silly media cliches. In fact, I've often thought how interesting Morrissey's life actually seems, especially his adolescence, even from the little that is known through biographies and interviews, and what a great movie it would make...only it would have to be very different from any usual Hollywood biogrpahy. It wouldn't have a chronoglical structure, it would contain lots of flashbacks, and it would be directed by someone like Lukas Moodyson. :)

Everything you've said there is bang on. It's clear from what you've said that you've had a good long read of my posts on this board and digested them fully before making an informed opinion about me based on this information, it is definately not the case that you are some pinched faced little teenage prick who wants to defend a man that they've never met before, who has dangerous and ridiculous political opinion which he presses into the heads of the young, impressionable, deluded f***nut sector of his fanbase, it's also not the case that you want everybody to be against you just so you can get some small sense of satisfaction out of getting pissy on an internet forum and as a result just disagree with everything that you read, regardless of whether it makes any sense or not. I bet you've got loads of mates as well.

Thanks for telling me where I was going wrong, I'm just off to have a good long think about who I am.

Everything you've said there is bang on. It's clear from what you've said that you've had a good long read of my posts on this board and digested them fully before making an informed opinion about me based on this information, it is definately not the case that you are some pinched faced little teenage prick who wants to defend a man that they've never met before... blah blah blah
You are just as right about me as you are about everything else, since I'm neither 'pinched faced', teenage, or a prick. :D

And I don't 'digest' your posts... I would have to throw up if I did that. :eek:

You are just as right about me as you are about everything else, since I'm neither 'pinched faced', teenage, or a prick. :D

And I don't 'digest' your posts... I would have to throw up if I did that. :eek:

That's great. Thanks for coming. Like I said, you're absolutely 100% correct on all counts. There's really no need for you to post a further response as the matter is now settled. If you did, it would almost be as if you were doing it because of some adolescent desire to have the last word whilst cyber wanking.

Back
Top Bottom