In Praise of "The List"

I always assume that the list is (Person Named) +1 —— because if I have a do-boy at the show, well, it sorta kills the mood after the show if he isn't all sweaty and RTG with Moztosterone. Do unto others if you want to get done and all.

Good times for a change... :horny:

To the poster above, I hope you're joking with that "person +1" garbage. Idon'tthinkso.

Also, it seems that in Richmond, no one was in line until approximately 5 pm!!! My friend tells me it worked out WONDERFULLY that way, with no pushing, shoving, or jiving. Or queue-jumping!

Why was the Richmond show such an anomaly? It seems it would be extraordinary if it could be that way for every show.

To the poster above, I hope you're joking with that "person +1" garbage. Idon'tthinkso.

Also, it seems that in Richmond, no one was in line until approximately 5 pm!!! My friend tells me it worked out WONDERFULLY that way, with no pushing, shoving, or jiving. Or queue-jumping!

Why was the Richmond show such an anomaly? It seems it would be extraordinary if it could be that way for every show.

Yes, I think that that would probably be the preferred method of action: no one lines up at all until an hour before the doors open. That way, the whole issue of bathroom breaks, food breaks, personal hygiene breaks, etc. would be eliminated entirely. Everyone would be able to arrive at the show with a full stomach, an empty bladder, and will have bathed and slept. No aching feet. It would translate to a more enjoyable concert experience for everyone. It would level the playing field.

Of course, not everyone wants a level playing field. Some people want to prove their devotion to Morrissey by suffering like a medieval penitent. All that they're missing are the hair shirts and the cat-o-nine-tails.

I must say that I HUGELY enjoyed the dates that I saw on the last tour. I saw Morrissey twice on the last tour, both at seated venues. In neither instance did I get front-row seats (not even close, in fact), but it didn't matter, partly because I was entirely stress-free.

Oh there was queueing, but it was in a restaurant. They had a thing where if you ate at the restauant next door you got in early. There most definitely was queueing, all day, in said restaurant.

To the poster above, I hope you're joking with that "person +1" garbage.

Why would I be joking? It's happened many times before... when young men look into Mozzer's eyes I've scored. (Some of the girls pull, too — they get all excited from weeks of frinking. Many of my heterosexual male counterparts owe some very "good times" to Morrissey.)

Don't hate.

Boning and queuing, or not queuing in this case, have nothing to do with each other. The aforementioned reasoning on this subject is really pushing it.

Edit: The only reason why I am wasting my time commenting on such things is because it's really not fair to assume that because you do what you want to do, it's not unfair to everyone else. Just because someone wants to do their own thing, put a +1 on the list, leave the line for 5 hours, or let their friends in front of them (all 20 of them) 30 minutes before doors; does not mean that the rest of the people in the line are going to be A-Ok with it and pat you on the back for a job well done.

For all of those who remain silent on the issue, you're welcome.

Last edited:
why is this thread still going??

i am not queuing anymore. i'll just throw someone on moz's team some cash and i'll get in before everyone.

kiss my shades!

i like this list(and miss it)...
adolf hitler. the dentist. terry & june. f***ing bastard thatcher. scouse
impersonator. silly pathetic girlies. silly pathetic woman. macho dickhead. bonnie
langford. neighbours. lost keys. phoney friend. ungrateful accusing mate. the royal
family. stock aitken & waterman. smiling judas. heartbreaking lying friend. myra
hindley. acid rain. stinking rich female in furs. disloyal lover. wife & child
beater. drunken abuser. racist. bully. the sun newspaper. aids inventor. leon
brittan. all nonsense. massive massive oilslick. jimmy tarbuck. loneliness. cancer.
hunger. greed. gut wrenching disappointment. evil gossiping fashion bastard.
tasteless a&r wanker. hard cold fish. overdraft like a mountain. the jimmy swaggart
show. the tory invention of the non-working class. poll tax. commie bashers. mister
jesse helms. hillsborough. weird british judges. apartheid. john lennon's murder.
anyone's murder. the breakdown of the nhs. the death of the rain forest. heysel
stadium. rednecks. rape. homelessness. the all-american way. clause 28. tiananmen
square. sexual harrassment. nelson mandela's imprisonment. nancy's term. ronnie's
term. miscarriage. where were you?

this is what i thought the thread was about at first:(

i like this list(and miss it)...
adolf hitler. the dentist. terry & june. f***ing bastard thatcher. scouse
impersonator. silly pathetic girlies. silly pathetic woman. macho dickhead. bonnie
langford. neighbours. lost keys. phoney friend. ungrateful accusing mate. the royal
family. stock aitken & waterman. smiling judas. heartbreaking lying friend. myra
hindley. acid rain. stinking rich female in furs. disloyal lover. wife & child
beater. drunken abuser. racist. bully. the sun newspaper. aids inventor. leon
brittan. all nonsense. massive massive oilslick. jimmy tarbuck. loneliness. cancer.
hunger. greed. gut wrenching disappointment. evil gossiping fashion bastard.
tasteless a&r wanker. hard cold fish. overdraft like a mountain. the jimmy swaggart
show. the tory invention of the non-working class. poll tax. commie bashers. mister
jesse helms. hillsborough. weird british judges. apartheid. john lennon's murder.
anyone's murder. the breakdown of the nhs. the death of the rain forest. heysel
stadium. rednecks. rape. homelessness. the all-american way. clause 28. tiananmen
square. sexual harrassment. nelson mandela's imprisonment. nancy's term. ronnie's
term. miscarriage. where were you?

Hey, I got a WTF Adam? tag — not too bad for a chorus boy with an eighth grade education.

You're mistaken. We were there at 8:30 AM and we were right there at the door all day long. We didn't have an official list, but we knew who had been there and who hadn't been. The only reason it worked out so well is because Arturo came onto the scene and told us we were to go in first since we'd been there all day.

Don't cry
Don't raise your eye.
It's only a teenage wasteland.

This is why I'm enjoying the queue today in Dallas. This is how queueing should always be:

dallasqueue.jpg

Photo by Flax, taken from a heated seat.
Copyright © 2009 Flax Inc. All rights reserved.

This is why I'm enjoying the queue today in Dallas. This is how queueing should always be:

dallasqueue.jpg

Photo by Flax, taken from a heated seat.
Copyright © 2009 Flax Inc. All rights reserved.

I spy lots of empty chairs..... :popcorn:

seeing pictures of a morrissey venue day-of-show when I'm not there (and have no other shows currently planned) makes me a sad panda.

Tags
adam fw? aint no problem at dmb shows emma ftw flaxy<3 grocery list iloveet.com love flax! lovesuparni shut up suparni wtf adam?
Back
Top Bottom