I Love Morrissey, Yet I Hate Him

bubble

Firstly, Hello, I have been reading mainly the front page of this website for news for the last year or so. I felt as though I had to register as I wanted to start posting things here.

I saw Morrissey in concert 4 times last year, and 8 times 2 years ago, I own all his records like I'm sure loads of fans here do. I have also seen him perform live since about 1992 I think and been a fan since that time. Gradually over the years I have noticed the passion and conviction in a lot of his CD's and perfomances have started to lack conviction and passion, It's almost like every time I see him he means it less and less.

I think on his last record there were 2 solid tracks, and YATQ around 3 solid tracks.

I love the man.

But, I fear his next release will plummet without trace as people will pick up more on this after the novelty of his comeback. I fear there is little else where Morrissey can go, you can only go on so long hearing the same message with less and less conviction for so long. I don't want to be too negative as I think he is splendid, but artistically he is dead in the water now.

I await the day when he returns to form,alas I fear age and rock music is not on his side.

I still love him though.

He`s like everyone else-you grow up!!He cannot be that awkward gangly youth he once was.He still has ideals,he`s never given up his principles.And as regards being artistically spent I disagree.I`ve been there from the start and I love YATQ and RLOTT as much as the old stuff.I find on every album there is one or two or possibly three I like much less but I found the last album outstanding.He`s changing his style a bit which is good.And give the guy a break it must be so hard to be expected to be Morrissey-a-la-Smiths 20 odd years later.

Don't really have an opinion, but Welcome just the same!

Firstly, Hello, I have been reading mainly the front page of this website for news for the last year or so. I felt as though I had to register as I wanted to start posting things here.

I saw Morrissey in concert 4 times last year, and 8 times 2 years ago, I own all his records like I'm sure loads of fans here do. I have also seen him perform live since about 1992 I think and been a fan since that time. Gradually over the years I have noticed the passion and conviction in a lot of his CD's and perfomances have started to lack conviction and passion, It's almost like every time I see him he means it less and less.

I think on his last record there were 2 solid tracks, and YATQ around 3 solid tracks.

I love the man.

But, I fear his next release will plummet without trace as people will pick up more on this after the novelty of his comeback. I fear there is little else where Morrissey can go, you can only go on so long hearing the same message with less and less conviction for so long. I don't want to be too negative as I think he is splendid, but artistically he is dead in the water now.

I await the day when he returns to form,alas I fear age and rock music is not on his side.

I still love him though.

People said he'd run out of ideas after Kill Uncle, then he only went and made Your Arsenal!!!

It all depends on what you want from Morrissey. If you want him to stand still in some sort of time warp then you'll be disappointed.
Personally, I'm happy to move with him as he evolves because I adore his art. I don't think he lacks any passion or conviction. On the contrary in fact, as he's got older and wiser, he has an even sharper cutting edge in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom