Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I can't even spell vegeatarian and neither can my uncle

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • f*** them. They're only animals.

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trill

I've been vegetarian since 1990. No chicken, fish, leather, etc. And I like Morrissey. That's pretty vegetarian.

Last edited:
You're either vegetarian..or you're not. Though I was pretty vegetarian yesterday as I had vegetable fried rice with my prawn curry.

I eat mostly shrubs and grasses.

but sometimes baby antelope carcass really hits the spot.

Its great with hot sauce. Mr. Proper always has several bottles of this stuff in the cupboard.

Wally the Baboon said:
I eat mostly shrubs and grasses.

but sometimes baby antelope carcass really hits the spot.

Its great with hot sauce. Mr. Proper always has several bottles of this stuff in the cupboard.
LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT, ANY CHANCE OF A DOGGY BAG, OR COME TO THINK OF IT THE DOG!!!!!:eek:

Not a pretty spectacle is it?

Clearly you chose this picture to convey the 'primitive' nature of meat consumption?
Strictly for apes and ape-men.
Fortunately the march of human progress goes on......

Vegetarianism. You know it makes sense!

vegetarian but living in a house with other meat eaters :( wish i could get them to go vegetarian or even just cut out bacon - the smell of it makes me feel so sick

Yep, veggie over here as well! Being veggie came about before discovering Morrissey but it's always nice knowing that Mozza doesn't eat his friends either.

Vegetarian and none animal wearing. I can't ever see myself being a vegan though as I'd probably starve to death if I was, my diet's crap as it is. My stance has absolutely note to do with Moz though, I've always been a bit daft when it comes to animals.

I eat meat, but over the past few years I've eaten very little. In the past 6 months all I've had is fish. By next year I may not eat any meat but fish at all.

Fun Fact: Scientists have developed a way to grow meat in a lab so in a few decades we might be able to eat meat guilt free and all you self rightous vegetarians can calm down and enjoy a some good lab grown BBQ chicken.

Jo Jo70 said:

Clearly you chose this picture to convey the 'primitive' nature of meat consumption?

Yeah, clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Do you consider New Caledonain tribesmen ape-men because the only diet they can maintain is of meat and fruit. Yes eating meat can be considered primitive, but humans don't eat meat because of some ape-man gene that drives our killing instinct. We ate meat to survive! Contrary to many beliefs meat can be very healthy and it was a great source of protein and it was very easy to get. Before we could grow crops people 12000 years ago didn't have many substitus for meat. It has nothing to do with anything primitive. Luckly, now there are things better for you than meat, but most vegetarians I know don't get any of that stuff on a regular basis. When you are a vegetarian you need to consume enough protein to make up for the absense of meat. I find it odd how hard this is for some people because it can have severe effects on your health. Also, like I said in the above post, they have developed a way to grow meat in a lab which takes away all of my problems with meat. If nothing suffers while making it I see no reason in not eating it.

I don't eat meat or chicken. Nothing to do with Moz.
I gave up meat 5 years ago, just because I though it would be better for me and I realized I was having a healthier diet without it and generally feeling better.
Nowadays I simply view meat as something not eatable. Like a piece of carton.

Gave up chicken after seeing chicken farms in Peru. :eek:

Last edited:
Sir Alec said:
Yeah, clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Do you consider New Caledonain tribesmen ape-men because the only diet they can maintain is of meat and fruit. Yes eating meat can be considered primitive, but humans don't eat meat because of some ape-man gene that drives our killing instinct. We ate meat to survive! Contrary to many beliefs meat can be very healthy and it was a great source of protein and it was very easy to get. Before we could grow crops people 12000 years ago didn't have many substitus for meat. It has nothing to do with anything primitive. Luckly, now there are things better for you than meat, but most vegetarians I know don't get any of that stuff on a regular basis. When you are a vegetarian you need to consume enough protein to make up for the absense of meat. I find it odd how hard this is for some people because it can have severe effects on your health. Also, like I said in the above post, they have developed a way to grow meat in a lab which takes away all of my problems with meat. If nothing suffers while making it I see no reason in not eating it.

Oh please!!
Did you not detect a shred of humour in my original post?
And I think you will find that primitive humans existed as hunter-gatherers, living for the most part on a vegetable/ roots diet, with meat being a rarity if hunts were successful. Farming/agriculture is a relatively recent practice.
And 12,000 years ago they weren't factory farming!
A vegetarian diet is one of the best things you could do for your health (and the health of the planet incidentally). I had a blood test recently that the doctor described as 'perfect', so you can take that as proof if you like that there have been no 'severe effects' on my health after 18 years without meat. When will people stop spouting this nonsense about meat being healthy, when it is full of cholesterol, hormones, antibiotics? We're not talking about free-range antelope here, but that disgusting pack of unrecognisable flesh that you pick up in your local supermarket.
It is primitive to be eating meat in modern societies in the 21st century, and it is unethical and unhealthy. I am entitled to have that opinion. You are entitled to have yours.
And I am aware that this all sounds self-righteous. Whatever.

Jo Jo70 said:
Oh please!!
Did you not detect a shred of humour in my original post?
And I think you will find that primitive humans existed as hunter-gatherers, living for the most part on a vegetable/ roots diet, with meat being a rarity if hunts were successful. Farming/agriculture is a relatively recent practice.
And 12,000 years ago they weren't factory farming!
A vegetarian diet is one of the best things you could do for your health (and the health of the planet incidentally). I had a blood test recently that the doctor described as 'perfect', so you can take that as proof if you like that there have been no 'severe effects' on my health after 18 years without meat. When will people stop spouting this nonsense about meat being healthy, when it is full of cholesterol, hormones, antibiotics? We're not talking about free-range antelope here, but that disgusting pack of unrecognisable flesh that you pick up in your local supermarket.
It is primitive to be eating meat in modern societies in the 21st century, and it is unethical and unhealthy. I am entitled to have that opinion. You are entitled to have yours.
And I am aware that this all sounds self-righteous. Whatever.

About hunters and gatherers it all came down to their enviroment. In North America meat was so abundant the native peoples relied heavily upon it, but as you have said, the times have changed. The major reason I gave up other most other meats is because of the anti-biotics and hormones in them. Don't worry the only meat I eat regularly is the fish at my local supermarket. No, that doesn't make me a vegetarian but it's the one meat I refuse to give up. Salmon is very good for you and it's a great way to drain your cash. :p

Last edited:
vegetarian for aroung 10 years - before i found Moz. I was just too lazy to chew it when i was a kid. I dont dont have much leather items allthough i have a few and do wear them.

jeane said:
If you eat fish but not other animals you're not a vegetarian, you're a pescatarian.

don't give it a fancy name...he's a meat eater.
fishes are living things....think of it this way..do you get many veggies eating brains? fish have brains too...its all flesh.

Jo Jo70 said:

HELLO! Mr. Proper has, not one but MANY, bottles of BABOON ASS hot sauce in his cabinet. Let's not miss the point here. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom