help me with my Mozzer lip tattoo! :)

http://www.tao-of-tattoos.com/swallow-tattoos.html
Check this site out although if you are not in the UK and your tattoo won't be seen either way you have little to worry about. Still not sure about the inner lip bit but it's up to you. I have seen many of this type of tattoo clearly visible on lets say the more unsavoury types clearly meaning the individual in question has "done time", a tear drop beneath the eye is another badge of honour too. Up to you. "Above the collar and below the cuff"

Check this site out although if you are not in the UK and your tattoo won't be seen either way you have little to worry about. Still not sure about the inner lip bit but it's up to you. I have seen many of this type of tattoo clearly visible on lets say the more unsavoury types clearly meaning the individual in question has "done time", a tear drop beneath the eye is another badge of honour too. Up to you. "Above the collar and below the cuff"

Who is the girl in the pic?.I like.

are there a lot of people with tattoos of the typical gladioli/daffodil flowers? i have seen maybe a couple at shows before, but the swallow seems a lot more popular...

That's a great site, thanks! And I'm more and more thankful this tattoo is well hidden the more I read this thread. ;) I really am not the "jail bird" type.

dont worry about some people saying you have a prison tattoo. none of these old school tattoos have the same meaning today cause its so trendy to get a bunch of stuff put on your body for the rest of your life and not even know the tradition or meaning behind them. ie spider webs on the elbow, swallows, barbed wire, tribal, nautical stars, roses, koi, japanese pieces etc etc etc etc.
just wear it with pride cause you have it for the rest of your life

dont worry about some people saying you have a prison tattoo. none of these old school tattoos have the same meaning today cause its so trendy to get a bunch of stuff put on your body for the rest of your life and not even know the tradition or meaning behind them. ie spider webs on the elbow, swallows, barbed wire, tribal, nautical stars, roses, koi, japanese pieces etc etc etc etc.
just wear it with pride cause you have it for the rest of your life

what does the spider web on the elbows mean? ugh i see the lamest people with this tattoo, along with their koi fish and nautical stars, when its obvious they do it just for the trendy look of it and just to have a tattoo.

sort of off-topic, but don't lip-tattoos also disappear after a while? or can? or at least get smudged a lot faster than tattoos in most places? not that it really matters, i just heard something about that, and am just being curious i guess.

sort of off-topic, but don't lip-tattoos also disappear after a while? or can? or at least get smudged a lot faster than tattoos in most places? not that it really matters, i just heard something about that, and am just being curious i guess.

they do indeed,though im not sure how long it is,or if you can help preserve them longer....

Yea, they go away 5-7 years (it really depends on the person though) after you quit maintaining them. The skin inside your mouth is ALWAYS replacing itself. That's why people who chew on the inside of their lips don't just have gaping holes there :p. Also, the ink never *truly* dries since your mouth is always wet (hopefully). It's the same type of deal where tattoos don't stay on the palm and bottom sides of your fingers. The skin just re-grows too quickly to keep the ink.

Back
Top Bottom