Great song - great singer

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I've been thinking about cover versions I'd like to play - a couple of weeks ago I did a stripped-down acoustic version of The Bends, which I enjoyed a lot, and my good lady wife suggested Hey Ya by Outkast, and I thought that it would be a great idea. I checked to see if it had been done, and guess what? It has, by Mat Weddle of Obadiah Parker. I think I'll ditch the idea, because there is no way I'll ever be as good as this, which appears to be racing around the internet at a rate of knots like a virus. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ioKEDgnfs8

Peter

My brother showed me this the other day and he was really enthusiastic about it. Honestly, I think it's really awful. Talk about killing a song. Skinny, if you play it normal speed with just an acoustic, it'll be miles better than this. That song is meant to be fun. Who is the guy, anyway?

Last edited:
dazzak said:
My brother showed me this the other day and he was really enthusiastic about it. Honestly, I think it's really awful. Talk about killing a song. Skinny, if you play it normal speed with just an acoustic, it'll be miles better than this. That song is meant to be fun. Who is the guy, anyway?

Well, as always, it's chacun a son gout. I think it's inspired. But that's me.

Peter

dazzak said:

Just cause the song is 'meant' to be fun does not mean it shouldn't be approached... shall we say from a different perspective. Wouldn't life be dull if this is how we treated everything :confused: I think it’s excellent. His voice is wonderful! Shame we couldn't just look at the artist rather than a combination of the annoying Outkast video.

Poco Innocente said:
Just cause the song is 'meant' to be fun does not mean it shouldn't be approached... shall we say from a different perspective. Wouldn't life be dull if this is how we treated everything :confused: I think it’s excellent. His voice is wonderful! Shame we couldn't just look at the artist rather than a combination of the annoying Outkast video.
Believe me, I'm all for interpreting songs and producing a wildy different version when they work (PSB's "Always On My Mind", Soft Cell's "Tainted Love", John Cale's "Heartbreak Hotel", Sid Vicious' "My Way" to name but a few) , but this one, for me, doesn't.

dazzak said:
Believe me, I'm all for interpreting songs and producing a wildy different version when they work (PSB's "Always On My Mind", Soft Cell's "Tainted Love", John Cale's "Heartbreak Hotel", Sid Vicious' "My Way" to name but a few) , but this one, for me, doesn't.

I suppose you can't be right each and every time

Back
Top Bottom