Gary Day

Your Arsenal

yes I am blind
Not sure if we've settled this question yet or not, but is Day still in the band? Or was he just taking a break for the pasadena shows?
Any insiders know what's going on?

Also, it looks like Whyte is definately off the list now :(

Day has become a father, and so is taking an indefinite break from the band to concentrate on this.

Alain is still a member of the band. He continues to write for Morrissey, but is not a member of the live band at the moment.

i always thought gary day was hot but i was inevitably barking up the wrong tree....

yeah, Gary Day is disgustingly goodlooking. Ive had a crush on him for years, but alas, he's not into us boys. meh.
but Morrissey almost handpicked him lol, "ooh, he's handsome"

The Two And Only...

i always thought gary day was hot but i was inevitably barking up the wrong tree....

Ewww, he looks like a thug, and those tattoos... how low life can you get?
I wont be missing him...

I think it has more to do with Morrissey has outgrown his rock-a-billy phase and these guys just don't fit in anymore to his more delicate Italian interests.

MC

I never had any respect for Morrissey's solo band. On the Kill Uncle tour I thought of them as the "hired help" just some bozos he found that he wouldn't have to pay very much and not have any right to challenge him. After getting burned by Johnny Marr, I understood that Morrissey had is guard up and didn't want to deal with any creative people with their own ideas.

Then when they actually showed up as studio players and got song writing credits on Your Arsenal, it was the ultimate insult to the memory of the Smiths.

However, years later I softened up on the issue. There are a few very good songs on Vaxhaul and Maladjusted + the Sunny Single.

I will be quite pleased when the memebers of the Kill Uncle tour have been completely replaced. Morrissey without Johnny is like Chocolate without Peanut Butter, sure they taste good on their own and sometimes you may even prefer them seperately but they are always best together.

Kumo

That they were, but it's a long time ago now, a long, long time.
I'm astonished anyone of either sex finds GD attractive. He seems a likeable chap, though.

i dont think that the comments regarding morrisseys band are particuarly well founded , i do agree that they were brought in to promote a gang mentallity for the kill uncle tour

but since then they have brought so much more , i was upset not to see alain in the live line up and if boz were ever to go it would be a sad loss

the smiths will live on because they are classic , but a point i have made before and continue to make is that the smiths are dead ... i hate living in the past, can we not just move on , morrissey clearly has

i have met gary on a number of occasions and wish him all the best in what ever her is doing , i'm sure it wont be the last we hear of him

i dont think that the comments regarding morrisseys band are particuarly well founded , i do agree that they were brought in to promote a gang mentallity for the kill uncle tour

but since then they have brought so much more , i was upset not to see alain in the live line up and if boz were ever to go it would be a sad loss

the smiths will live on because they are classic , but a point i have made before and continue to make is that the smiths are dead ... i hate living in the past, can we not just move on , morrissey clearly has

i have met gary on a number of occasions and wish him all the best in what ever her is doing , i'm sure it wont be the last we hear of him

If you like him good for you... He looks creepy to me.

Give Moz another year in Italy and his band will look like this...
WEBfrontcover.jpg

MC

Then when they actually showed up as studio players and got song writing credits on Your Arsenal, it was the ultimate insult to the memory of the Smiths. Kumo

It would have been an insult if they were performing under the Smiths' name.

hm, Gary day has a beautiful face, in my opinion. Very young, very fresh. He doesn't look as if he's aged much, compared to the other members.
I dunno, I just find him really really attractive, but that's just my taste I guess. I like rugged men.

It would have been an insult if they were performing under the Smiths' name.

Yes yes... I agree... 100%
and for much as I enjoying seeing Moz sing smiths songs live, it seems insulting to Johnny for them to play his work.

Kumo

Yes yes... I agree... 100%
and for much as I enjoying seeing Moz sing smiths songs live, it seems insulting to Johnny for them to play his work.

Kumo

Johnny Marr would've laughed out loud if he read your daft comment.
Thank goodness he isn't such a narrow-minded arrogant self-indulgent person.
I'm sure Johnny is very flattered by listening all of his songs played by Morrissey and the Lads.

And extremely flattered with Live at Earl's Court!

i just find a guy who looks like they'd batter you for being a poof after you've done them hot, is that bad?

The Smiths were timeless...

Kumo

Agree 100% but I think the criticism of Morrissey's band was a bit harsh.

As the man himself has said, the songs are as much his as anyone elses. It will never begin to get close to what Marr did, nowhere near, but I find it difficult to begrudge Morrissey for playing those songs.

Back
Top Bottom