Email from The Smiths - "40 years of 'Hand in Glove'"

IMG_9142.jpeg

IMG_9140.jpeg

IMG_9141.jpeg

Too much arse

Jesus, don't let some people here see the front cover of Hand In Glove. The conservative f***s will lose their mind.

Jesus, don't let some people here see the front cover of Hand In Glove. The conservative f***s will lose their mind.

Thinking of Born to Harangue, here particularly. Guy will be sobbing and crying "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" while simultaneously cry wanking himself to fatigue at the sight of this OBSCENE image.

Thinking of Born to Harangue, here particularly. Guy will be sobbing and crying "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" while simultaneously cry wanking himself to fatigue at the sight of this OBSCENE image.
Nah, he’ll just give a smattering of thumbs-down reactions.

I got that e-mail this morning and expected news of a 12" reissue. Instead it's just a stupid e-mail about 40th anniversary. So what we already knew that. That's spam in my opinion.

I can remember the day i bought this in chelmsford Parrot Records the day after This Charming Man was on Top of the Pops, sitting in the Wimpy on me lunch break looking at the sleeve absolutely knowing i have found 'My Band'.
And here we are, 40 years later...

I can remember the day i bought this in chelmsford Parrot Records the day after This Charming Man was on Top of the Pops, sitting in the Wimpy on me lunch break looking at the sleeve absolutely knowing i have found 'My Band'.
And here we are, 40 years later...
Amazing. What is ‘the Wimpy’ ?

Lol, Wimpys were very popular in the uk in the 70s and 80s, burgers and chips, egg and chips, breakfasts etc. A cafe where people would hang out.
I only just found out (via Wikipedia) that it was started in the States, and is now big in South Africa! (Always thought it was just a weird British thing.)

Lol, Wimpys were very popular in the uk in the 70s and 80s, burgers and chips, egg and chips, breakfasts etc. A cafe where people would hang out.
A bender in a bun. And don’t get me started on the Brown Derby…

I only just found out (via Wikipedia) that it was started in the States, and is now big in South Africa! (Always thought it was just a weird British thing.)
Shame theyre not here anymore, i think maccy d's probably didnt help

I got that e-mail this morning and expected news of a 12" reissue. Instead it's just a stupid e-mail about 40th anniversary. So what we already knew that. That's spam in my opinion.
We should have an online party to celebrate that 40th anniversary. Is that a thing?

We should have an online party to celebrate that 40th anniversary. Is that a thing?
Could be, but you do realize from now until 2027 there is going to be 40th anniversary celebrations for 17 singles and 8 albums, which is cool because they all deserve it

Back
Top Bottom