cloverdean13:Morrissey photo by: inked_autographs on instagram... / Tumblr reblog

solotumblr

tumblr_mqu8mvn2z41rdz9oao1_500.jpg

cloverdean13:
Morrissey photo by: inked_autographs on instagram
”Dreams do come true. Today @edballs75 met one of his idols.Tears were shed, albums we’re signed & a man shook uncontrollably with happiness”…
*As I was told, Morrissey was to leave today to the UK, & that is correct, this photo is @ The Tom Bradley Airport within the LAX Airport…He’s headed home.

Original reblog on Tumblr / more details...

tumblr_mqu8mvn2z41rdz9oao1_500.jpg

cloverdean13:
Morrissey photo by: inked_autographs on instagram
”Dreams do come true. Today @edballs75 met one of his idols.Tears were shed, albums we’re signed & a man shook uncontrollably with happiness”…
*As I was told, Morrissey was to leave today to the UK, & that is correct, this photo is @ The Tom Bradley Airport within the LAX Airport…He’s headed home.

Original reblog on Tumblr / more details...

When was this photo taken?

That Playboy shirt is atrocious! Talk about low rent. Never understood why he chose to wear them. Tacky, tacky, tacky. And paired with that plaid blazer... ugh!

Re: ticket2175:T-shirt by Dolce & Gabbana featuring a... / Tumblr reblog

Plaid blazer...bold, very bold. Morrissey looks a bit sad, but healthier than previously.

Plaid blazer...bold, very bold. Morrissey looks a bit sad, but healthier than previously.

Furrowed brow... my signature expression... suggests he is more annoyed than anything. So this pic is recent? Did not know he was still sporting the brand. Ah well.

Oddly enough, this vintage Playboy cover was just in the news. Darine Stern was the first African American Playboy cover model. Believe it or not, the decision to feature her on the cover in 1971 was considered quite controversial and something of a breakthrough.

Morrissey is sporting an image that was seen as a triumph of civil rights that rather paradoxically ushered in the age of equal-opportunity objectification and exploitation; quite the mixed message. Suits Morrissey to a T.

Always thought the Playboy t-shirts was Moz just being playful, a humorous reference to The Last Of The Famous...
Ever since the first time he wore one of these t-shirts, may have been at Hyde Park 2008 or possibly earlier.

But of course, everything has to be scrutinised, analysed, dissected and criticised to the Nth degree.

Always thought the Playboy t-shirts was Moz just being playful, a humorous reference to The Last Of The Famous...
Ever since the first time he wore one of these t-shirts, may have been at Hyde Park 2008 or possibly earlier.

But of course, everything has to be scrutinised, analysed, dissected and criticised to the Nth degree.

This is the curse of being a famous provocateur. Perhaps it's a positive thing that he's still being vivisected after all these years (even if it is by a smaller fraction of the public).

The only thing worse is... ;)

This is the curse of being a famous provocateur. Perhaps it's a positive thing that he's still being vivisected after all these years (even if it is by a smaller fraction of the public).

The only thing worse is... ;)

I agree, and generally speaking, I also think it is a good thing.
I was referring to the seemingly constant criticism of the negative variety, the one we tend to encounter in this forum on a daily basis...

I agree, and generally speaking, I also think it is a good thing.
I was referring to the seemingly constant criticism of the negative variety, the one we tend to encounter in this forum on a daily basis...

We live in the golden age of trolling, and the interwebs do tend to bring out the worst in people.

Nick Cave's Hateful Online Creche was pretty impressive during his last tour: what a bunch of angry, disappointed fans. I came back from one of his shows quite impressed indeed; I logged on to see what the "fans" were saying. There were so many "he's sold out," "he's a shadow of his former self," "he's a rich guy with nothing left to say" comments - you could have cut and pasted them here and no one would have noticed the difference.

Last edited:

With the added irony that there are regular posts here about how Nick Cave is "doing it right" in his later career and Moz is all wrong.

Since starting to come here in '97 this is the largest Black Cloud of negativity surrounding Morrissey I can recall. It is one of the lower points in his career, no doubt, but I remain optimistic about his upcoming work.

We live in the golden age of trolling, and the interwebs do tend to bring out the worst in people.

Nick Cave's Hateful Online Creche was pretty impressive during his last tour: what a bunch of angry, disappointed fans. I came back from one of his shows quite impressed indeed; I logged on to see what the "fans" were saying. There were so many "he's sold out," "he's a shadow of his former self," "he's a rich guy with nothing left to say" comments - you could have cut and pasted them here and no one would have noticed the difference.

With the added irony that there are regular posts here about how Nick Cave is "doing it right" in his later career and Moz is all wrong.

Since starting to come here in '97 this is the largest Black Cloud of negativity surrounding Morrissey I can recall. It is one of the lower points in his career, no doubt, but I remain optimistic about his upcoming work.

:thumb:

And if they are Northern, that makes it even worse... :guitar:

I guess you are referring to me as I am the only person in this thread who questioned his choice to wear those shirts.

The shirt is emotionally, culturally, and politically loaded. Of course it warrants discussion. Maybe being outside the US, you are not aware of this.

It is a sad day when all critics are labeled as haters and all who never criticize are called sycophants. I am neither of those things. I am a person with an opinion, sharing it on an open forum. I have no agenda. I don't like his choice to wear those shirts. I wouldn't like it if he wore NASCAR, Mickey Mouse, or McDonald's shirts either. They don't fit the lyrics, the message I thought Morrissey is delivering. What is wrong with remarking upon that contradiction?

OK, maybe my post was a little overzealous. But it was not meant to be hateful to Morrissey as a person.

Last edited:

Maybe there have always been those types of fans but before the Internet they had no outlet to expresses their opinions. Now they do. And they are visible for the first time. Music journalists can also be critical, but aren't most of them fans of the artists they write about? They are a bit biased straight out of the gate. We seem to want to write about things we love or hate but not about things we feel neutral about.

In Morrissey's case, even his former journo fans are more openly critical of both his musical output and his image as of late. It isn't just a bunch of trolls on the Internet who are vocalizing their discontent.

I guess you are referring to me as I am the only person in this thread who questioned his choice to wear those shirts.

The shirt is emotionally, culturally, and politically loaded. Of course it warrants discussion. Maybe being outside the US, you are not aware of this.

It is a sad day when all critics are labeled as haters and all who never criticize are called sycophants. I am neither of those things. I am a person with an opinion, sharing it on an open forum. I have no agenda. I don't like his choice to wear those shirts. I wouldn't like it if he wore NASCAR, Mickey Mouse, or McDonald's shirts either. They don't fit the lyrics, the message I thought Morrissey is delivering. What is wrong with remarking upon that contradiction?

OK, maybe my post was a little over zealous. But it was not meant to be hateful to Morrissey as a person.

1. No, my post was not specifically about you, not everything in this forum is.
2. The t-shirt is just a bit of fun, it plays on The Last Of The Famous International Playboys song, that remains my opinion. Perhaps you don't understand his sense of humour, after all these years...
3. I never labelled you a hater, perhaps you are beginning to see yourself that way.
4. America is not the world.

1. No, my post was not specifically about you, not everything in this forum is.
2. The t-shirt is just a bit of fun, it plays on The Last Of The Famous International Playboys song, that remains my opinion. Perhaps you don't understand his sense of humour, after all these years...
3. I never labelled you a hater, perhaps you are beginning to see yourself that way.
4. America is not the world.

Wow. Maybe you are the hater.

More secret coded attacks against Solo's greatest YouTube embedder. Makes me sick.

Back
Top Bottom