Bowie refusal - true-to-you.net

Bowie refusal -true-to-you.net
6 February 2013

Bowie refusal

David Bowie has ordered EMI UK not to run the proposed artwork for Morrissey's April 8th issue of the re-mastered The Last of the Famous International Playboys single and CD. The sleeve featured a previously unseen private photograph of Bowie and Morrissey taken by Linder Sterling in New York in 1992. Although Bowie has no legal rights to the photograph, most of his back catalogue is presently licensed to EMI.

Great image, not just for the content and structure, but with real life history relevant to the song

The 47 year anniversary of this photo is coming up. My mom still makes up her face every day as she was trained in the club. :cool: Bunny Lisa FTW! (Her real name is Linda. They gave them fake names so the mobsters didn't know who they were IRL.)

Where is this supposed picture then from the unseen Linder archives that Moz was supposed to be using? It is one that the average pleb can look for on Google or is it nestled away in the archives somewhere?

I think what Moz is done is funny, using a Bowie pic to promote his own re-issue is a genius move, very shrewd and over the top, just like our Moz. People are over-analyising this too much, it's obviously a publicity stunt, Moz doesn't hate Bowie and Bowie seems indifferent about Moz.

Morrissey's on the planet to stir things up in his music and in the media and to cause a bit of controversy, he's always made things wonderfully complicated and awkward, he does it so well it's almost admirable.

Bowie's on the planet now to look and sound interesting and to be a bit arty and pretentious, he's very good at it.

The whole media "fued" is fun.

The 47 year anniversary of this photo is coming up. My mom still makes up her face every day as she was trained in the club. :cool: Bunny Lisa FTW! (Her real name is Linda. They gave them fake names so the mobsters didn't know who they were IRL.)

She must have a thousand real playboy stories witnessed to every Morrissey imagined

Where is this supposed picture then from the unseen Linder archives that Moz was supposed to be using? It is one that the average pleb can look for on Google or is it nestled away in the archives somewhere?

I think what Moz is done is funny, using a Bowie pic to promote his own re-issue is a genius move, very shrewd and over the top, just like our Moz. People are over-analyising this too much, it's obviously a publicity stunt, Moz doesn't hate Bowie and Bowie seems indifferent about Moz.

Morrissey's on the planet to stir things up in his music and in the media and to cause a bit of controversy, he's always made things wonderfully complicated and awkward, he does it so well it's almost admirable.

Bowie's on the planet now to look and sound interesting and to be a bit arty and pretentious, he's very good at it.

The whole media "fued" is fun.

nice way of looking at it

'Morrissey's on the planet to stir things up in his music and in the media and to cause a bit of controversy, he's always made things wonderfully complicated and awkward, he does it so well it's almost admirable' WORD:guitar:

She must have a thousand real playboy stories witnessed to every Morrissey imagined

Yeah. Don't ask about Frank Sinatra though. OFF TOPIC. It's her "Are the Smiths going to reform?"

Who knows?
Who cares?

Exactly ! Whats all the fuss about children ?
Lets be honest its a SHIT photo !!!! It looks like a kid has taken it with a shitty throw away camera.
No need for all this you drama queens

Morrissey is a fantastic singer.

Last edited:
I just cant wait to see the new picture unless Moz is going to push hard and use the one with Bowie (provided he can do so...) . All the rest is just a waste of time & words!

Cheers Moz

Exactly ! Whats all the fuss about children ?
Lets be honest its a SHIT photo !!!! It looks like a kid has taken it with a shitty throw away camera.
No need for all this you drama queens

They posted A photo, not THE photo...not the photo that killed Chrissie Watkins and probably not the photo that killed the little boy.

I am wondering how much other people really listen to David Bowie anymore? :straightface:
as for me, in the last 6 years or so, it seems
6y_zps02506d83.jpg

not as much as I would have thought :eek:
what about you? :guitar:

the real question is, who's albums are worse..Bowie's mid to late 80's output, or Moz' mid to late 90's output...pretty equal in the suckage factor

the real question is, who's albums are worse..Bowie's mid to late 80's output, or Moz' mid to late 90's output...pretty equal in the suckage factor

So, you're comparing 'Never Let Me Down' & 'Tin Machine' to 'Southpaw Grammar' and 'Maladjusted'...Bowie wins because "Under The God" alone is better than anything Morrissey released during that time or since.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom