Bowie author Peter Doggett describes Morrissey as "owning the 1980s"

Last edited:
You know nothing. Morrissey's voice is what makes everything possible.

His voice is a bore? Where did that come from?! He's got the most wonderful voice. Your songs would sound more attractive if you had his voice, that's a fact.

Well, you Mr. Bowie were caught in bed with Mr. Big mouth Jagger. Boring!

His voice is a bore? Where did that come from?! He's got the most wonderful voice. Your songs would sound more attractive if you had his voice, that's a fact.
I love morrissey, he can definately and great lyrics sing but i can't argue that his voice is particulary boring, And not the best musically.

No one owned or defined the 80's. You could say it was David Byrne or David Lee Roth or RUN DMC. I don't think any artist trying to be relevant now wants the honor of having ruled the 80's, anyway.

True in some circles, but I think you'd have to agree that in the mainsteam artists like Prince and Madonna were far more influential.

..and a lot of those studio bands which churned out their one-hit-wonders and the rest of the album "filler", which comprised much of the music in the 80s. I have 400 vinyl albums of one-hit-wonders to back up my claim!

I say the same about showie Bowie, good voice, boring lyrics, got his fame from his ziggy stardust time and his music after his heroes single, and the movie Christiane F. [the movie is Bowie somehow an issue cause of a gig in Berlin, and titelsong ' Heroes'.

After that he made some singles but didn't made the level of influence he had in the 70's

Bye Bowie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom