Article: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood; "Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of Tea" to air (Apr. 10

Re: Article: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood; "Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of T

Stop taking things face value, if he hated British people he wouldn't like Victoria. It's the government/queen he doesn't like.

Not true.

We are apparently foul with jingoism, reminiscent of Nazi Germany.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/aug/06/morrissey-olympic-games

He loathes this country, and increasingly many of us who once idolised Morrissey are bored of it, and him.

It is interesting to hear him talking of "we" when fighting Hitler, when by his recent statements it seems quite clear that he would have more than likely taken the same view as Éamon de Valera and the government of Eire at the time, which was to give aid and succour to the Third Reich where possible. I can see Morrissey now peddling furiously from village to village like Donald Sutherland in The Eagle Has Landed, before racing back to his morse radio set to report back to Germany.

Morrissey is very much like an old rusting hulk adrift on an ocean, sailing from continent to continent raising a flag of convenience to suit his next port of call. We know it, the Norwegians know it, and many of our friends in the US are suspecting it.

It's ironic to think if he carries on like this he will soon find his only bolt hole in South America.

Like Eichmann before him.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Daily Star - Morrissey and Victoria Wood; "Victoria Wood's Nice Cup Of T

Not true.

He loathes this country, and increasingly many of us who once idolised Morrissey are bored of it, and him.

It is interesting to hear him talking of "we" when fighting Hitler, when by his recent statements it seems quite clear that he would have more than likely taken the same view as Éamon de Valera and the government of Eire at the time, which was to give aid and succour to the Third Reich where possible. I can see Morrissey now peddling furiously from village to village like Donald Sutherland in The Eagle Has Landed, before racing back to his morse radio set to report back to Germany.

Morrissey is very much like an old rusting hulk adrift on an ocean, sailing from continent to continent raising a flag of convenience to suit his next port of call. We know it, the Norwegians know it, and many of our friends in the US are suspecting it.

It's ironic to think if he carries on like this he will soon find his only bolt hole in South America.

People in the UK used to have difficulties to get access to clean drinking water. They drank a lot of gin in the east end of London to drink something in London. Then tea was imported, related to opium, drug trade, and to make tea you have to boil your water, so there was something else that they could drink apart from gin.

It is interesting how Brits are obsessed with Hitler, one program on him at least three times a week, while they are right now sanctioning job seekers to death, which is a very Nazi like treatment of the unemployed, and many of today's conflicts in the world go back to British colonialism. What did you learn from watching all those Nazi movies and being obsessed with Nazi history? You have become Nazis yourself and don't even realize it. Sickos.

This thread is a bit of a storm in a teacup.

People in the UK used to have difficulties to get access to clean drinking water. They drank a lot of gin in the east end of London to drink something in London. Then tea was imported, related to opium, drug trade, and to make tea you have to boil your water, so there was something else that they could drink apart from gin.

It is interesting how Brits are obsessed with Hitler, one program on him at least three times a week, while they are right now sanctioning job seekers to death, which is a very Nazi like treatment of the unemployed, and many of today's conflicts in the world go back to British colonialism. What did you learn from watching all those Nazi movies and being obsessed with Nazi history? You have become Nazis yourself and don't even realize it. Sickos.
Were not all obsessed with hitler.

Yorkshire Tea bags are t'best.

Were not all obsessed with hitler.

But those that aren't cite 1966 as a key date in English history

You are so full of poop. Try listening to his lyrics for once in your life: "Politician can't you listen to yourself for just once in your life because of something you said to mean soldiers are dead because of the money you saved seniors are in their graves."
Thatcher has more political power than you and your soldiers. She needs opposition from public figures like the Moz-man. You should be grateful.
Now go enjoy your T-Bag, you dim-ass Del-Boy on the spree.

But Mrs Thatcher did not lose her life fighting for the Falklands did she ? But our soldiers did so when he opens his mouth about it he is insulting the memory of our lost ones. Its not about leaders and their supporters its about the people at the coal face. Think about it like that and it remains insulting.
He should stick to singing his greatest hits over and over. No doubt though he'll be at it again when he goes back, silly old man.

Del-Boy

"The reason Hitler couldn't get us is because of tea" Oh he's one of us again now is he ? One minute he insults and slags us off to Argentina and now he's back on the victory march ! Make your mind up pal. Are you sure your a veggie ?
What a plonker !!!!!!

Del-Boy

Is this the same bloke who backstage (Earls Court ?) in the documentry 'The importance of being Morrissey' picked up a bust of Sir Winston Churchhill sat on the the mantlepiece and had a pop at it ?
Steven Patrick Morrissey is a deluded idiot !
"Turn the lights on, why don't you just go ! We don't need you anymore ! Just go we don't need you ! Go and f*** yourself "

Del-Boy

On the contrary, he asked us not to blame the British people for their government's decisions (sinking the Belgrano, for example).
Please get over the Malvinas comments, it's been over a year.

They're called "The Falkland Islands" and the people who live there voted for British sovereignty. Does Morrissey live there ? No !
Why is he opening his pie-hole about the matter ? Because his career is finished and he needs the publicity and thats the simple truth what a sad old bastard he is.

The Morrissey is dead.

You are so full of poop. Try listening to his lyrics for once in your life: "Politician can't you listen to yourself for just once in your life because of something you said to mean soldiers are dead because of the money you saved seniors are in their graves."
Thatcher has more political power than you and your soldiers. She needs opposition from public figures like the Moz-man. You should be grateful.

None of your post makes any sense I'm guessing your not British.
Anyway what I can say to your jibberish-bollocks is before we try listening to Tossers lyrics maybe we should read our history books first ! ! !
Can understand that ?

Not true.

It would be no shock to me if Tosserrey announced dates in North Korea in the next few days ! Be prepared U S and A you have been warned.
(All they have to do is give him the key to the country) Thats the kind of wanker he is.

Del-Boy

Unless you have a time machine, I do not think that Thatcher has any power because she is no longer the Prime Minister. I find it amusing that Morrissey's favorite brand of tea has transcended into a heated political debate.

I did not realize that the English still have such an intense sense of patriotism. In America, everyone slags off the government. Look on the bright side, you have Morrissey; we have Housewives, Duck Dynasty, Kardashians, and some fat hillbilly half-wit white trash future teen mom Mountain Dew swilling f***tard named Honey Boo Boo. "Should have been drowned at birth" would be well-applied.

He looks so at ease, so happy. I would love to give Morrissey a tea bag.

But those that aren't cite 1966 as a key date in English history

I can confirm that statement is false.

In America, everyone slags off the government. Look on the bright side, you have Morrissey; we have Housewives, Duck Dynasty, Kardashians, and some fat hillbilly half-wit white trash future teen mom Mountain Dew swilling f***tard named Honey Boo Boo. "Should have been drowned at birth" would be well-applied.

With Multiculturalism, political correctness, "everybody wins" ideology, politics of entitlement, and an anything-goes mentality, you get that kind of septic crap. BTW....Morrissey slagged off the government in his country for awhile as well...and didn't bat an eyelash about it. The song "Still Ill" sums it up pretty well.

Not true.

Jayzus! And I thought I was tough on debunking the whole "Morrissey is an intellectual" comedy meme. Yes, it would be interesting to hear him discuss the troubled history of the First Irish Republic, but like the Scots and 'Braveheart', he's probably only watched silly films that distort the truth for a sob-story. He's not that hot on historical detail, his confused lyrics about Cromwell being a spectacular 'huh?'

I'm an English Republican and an Irish Republican. a man of peace who thinks the nightmare in Ulster will only end when the Scots leave the Union and the English allow the Royal Family to gently dwindle to a historical curiosity without any French heads on poles nonsense. That's why I'm a fully paid up member of Republic, but not of an Irish party because I don't live there for tax efficiency purposes, like when they used to allow artists and musicians to pay zero tax if domiciled in Ireland. A very popular Jimmy Carr type ruse in the 80s and 90s which certain entertainers utilised whilst flying the tricolour. Then bolted elsewhere when the Paddy's said "cough up and contribute".

I hope the Mothers of the Disappeared protest outside his show in Beunos Aires about how they're kids were either thrown out of aeroplanes into the Atlantic or sank beneath it's waves on the Belgrano because a bunch of fascist fcukwit generals ignored the UN and just, y'know, invaded a place with no Argentine citizens and told everyone there to start driving on the other side of the road. Argentine people have put up with a lot since the meltdowns of 1999-2001 and onwards. They're chased by vulture funds, they have a Pope who is keeping his cards close to his chest, and Kirchner has to play to the mad lot in the gallery, but she goes too far. I've no doubt she'll extend an invitation for Moz to come and have a photo-opp with her. Meanwhile, sensible Argies look next door to Brazil and say

"hang on a fcukin minute, why aren't we rich? We used to be one of the richest countries in the world. We almost had a war with Chile over our borders, now we have flakes trying to re-run 1982 so Cameron gets another shot, like Thatcher. I hate this place sometimes. Wish I could go and live in London and pay taxes towards a functioning, if troubled social democracy, like what we could be if we didn't have all this chaos. Thank god Morrissey is coming here to sing about his personal and business challenges and to tell us we should just abandon the pampas and crash our economy rather than send corned beef to the Brits and have our Asado culture and grow soya monocultures. We really need an english intellectual pop singer to lecture us about how lucky we are not to live in the country he makes sure he spends no more than 100 nights a year in, allegedly.."

Like Black Sabbath and an inverted crucifix, this cuppa tea malarkey is just more of the Betjeman rip-off nonsense. An Englishman In New York drinking tea? Well, excuse me but that's a chirpy song by Sting about a real genius eccentric from these Isles of Wonder called Quentin Crisp, who didn't do anything as boring as have a corporate career with Big Music, but inspired possibly the most incendiary t.v show of the early 70s, a show which lots of lads with a few questions about their sexuality found enormously funny and helpful. Wonder if Morrissey watched it like all the hipsters in Brum who thought it was total lulz to move on from the Ferry/Bowie tropes. My friend 'Graham' turned up in my hood in a tutu and Doc Martens. My dad just couldn't believe it. But Bowie and 'Graham' were just standing on the shoulder of a real giant, Quentin. Is is odd that Moz has never referenced him as far as I know, but I might have missed it.

I assume Victoria is just re-hashing Sting's insights, but it's a waste of time. Morrissey is a remixer, not an original artist, other than his voice which developed into a very surprising instrument which I'd never have guessed listening to his early tuneless demos via a mate in Birmingham. We all thought he was very funny, if a bit obviously poseur Manc/London axis. He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in Brum, but we're a different thing altogether,as he's found to his cost when not playing by our mordant humour rules when he gigs in the city. We don't kiss arse, we don't kow-tow, just show us what you've got or piss off. I think he's finally figured out Brum culture, lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7-injaie24&list=PLvbEplUU39NCX2hfgLu35CLK41P5LS9rw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fCWXIqoXfE

Still fancy Sting, sure I could have turned him if he hadn't panicked and ran off, but you can't have em all and it's a bit out of order to give het Geordie boys the eyes, sorry Ant and Dec, too! X-fcuktor in Brum with Cher Lloyd and the Malvern massive, that was such fun,.

Be nice when Moz stops the Ramones stuff and gets into his Tony Bennett orchestra age-appropriate phase, or is he gonna carry on pretending he's 23 physically as well as politically?

Anyway, Johnny Barleycorn [top name, Traffic, great Brum band], you best shut it. Moz will find out who your are and, being a rebel artist and defender of freedom of speech, will drag you through the House of Frauds even if his libel action against you and me is thrown out in the lower courts.

When will Merc release that tape of the NME, anyway? It's called YouTube dude, c'mon, ya gotta exonerate Moz from 'all of the rumours'

Boz, you were brilliant at the Irish Centre, nice to see you relaxed and letting rip with the ol' Gretsch White Falcon. we all had a great time doing our rockabilly step dancing thing till 2:00am, hoped you enjoyed a real Brummie welcome. Polecats-come back again. and again.and again, with or without Boz if Moz gets back on the tour treadmill for that fame-junkie fix.

I can confirm that statement is false.

You're right Hitler obsessives usually also obsess about 1966 too.

Two World Wars and one World Cup, just don't mention the Euro or penalty shoot-outs or he last World Cup.

Lets all have a nice cup of Rosie.

Is nobody else excited by the prospect of Moz on television again?!

Back
Top Bottom