Morrissey Central "AND THE WORDS OF THE PROPHETS ARE WRITTEN ON THE SUBWAY WALLS / AND WHISPERED IN THE SOUNDS … OF SILENCE" (August 12, 2023)

unnamed.jpg

unamed.jpg
unnamd.jpg
amed.jpg

uname.jpg

nnamed.jpg

They were recording the album there.
The cover was shot there.
The graffiti was added when doing so - as confirmed by the recording studio. If you look at their IG, you'll see 'artsy' stuff throughout. Given they apparently like Morrissey enough to mention him occasionally and have shared a couple of wall images - is it really a stretch?
Now the clone stamp on the other hand... 😅
FWD.
I will grant it is possible that somebody in the recording studio, swept up in the momentous occasion of Morrissey's return to album recording with the sonically bold lyrically blunt offering, had the idea. I find it just as likely that the idea came from within Morrissey's camp had the idea and the studio, for the foregoing reasons and the ones that you mentioned assented to it. That the graffiti is still there testifies to the idea that they like Morrissey to let his legacy continue occupying wall space.

I'd like to know either way; One way signifies (to me at least) organic enthusiasm, and the other signifies an attempted clever marketing or graphic design masquerading as spontaneous enthusiasm, which is also the question resurgent in this particular current graffiti.

I will grant it is possible that somebody in the recording studio, swept up in the momentous occasion of Morrissey's return to album recording with the sonically bold lyrically blunt offering, had the idea. I find it just as likely that the idea came from within Morrissey's camp had the idea and the studio, for the foregoing reasons and the ones that you mentioned assented to it. That the graffiti is still there testifies to the idea that they like Morrissey to let his legacy continue occupying wall space.

I'd like to know either way; One way signifies (to me at least) organic enthusiasm, and the other signifies an attempted clever marketing or graphic design masquerading as spontaneous enthusiasm, which is also the question resurgent in this particular current graffiti.
I don't see what it has to do with the recording studio. They don't have much to do with album artwork. It's much more likely to be M's camp, and this duplicate/clone in Manchester seems to confirm it as them, or at least strongly hint at that.

He's not going to get or keep a record deal while Central keeps damaging his reputation.
These images are in keeping with iconography of The Smiths and Morrissey. No harm done; a breath of fresh air if anything 🎨

These images are in keeping with iconography of The Smiths and Morrissey. No harm done; a breath of fresh air if anything 🎨

If the site worked with the record company they could come up with a campaign that would sell his records to his audience instead of trying to turn him into Hank Jr without the material.

Person who done the graffiti here
Going to clear a few things,
1) whilst there is a spelling mistake in Esteban (as I’m hardly good at English) I’m certainly no good at Spanish) aswell as in without music the world dies (admittedly got lost in track of conversation and I bare the burden of dyslexia) there isn’t actually a mistake in Capitol, as it’s a panoramic shot the L got cut a little bit, if I can find another picture I shall show it
2) I deliberately chose to do the iron bridge as it’s a morrissey related place, it’s not a random wall in the middle of nowhere, it’s a place riddled in morrissey related graffiti so I felt it wouldn’t be too out of place
3) the two reasons so much was done is I overestimated the amount of spray paint I needed for my initial plans so I thought may aswell get my moneys worth and use it all
4) whilst some stuff did get covered in the graffiti, I deliberately chose to focus the areas covered in anti Morrissey messages, the iron bridge is a place for fans to leave a mark, and hate messages are clearly not from fans
5) as for the colour, as few have noticed it bears a similarity to the world peace orange, whilst it may be too bright an orange it was a deliberate choice it was also chosen to be a contrasting colour to the greenish blue hue of the bridge
6) finally the motive, whilst there was a desire to get on central, the main motive was to get even a slight bit of attention that would hopefully spread, whilst obviously over estimating myself in that regard, it was the plan

1) whilst there is a spelling mistake in Esteban (as I’m hardly good at English) I’m certainly no good at Spanish) aswell as in without music the world dies (admittedly got lost in track of conversation and I bare the burden of dyslexia) there isn’t actually a mistake in Capitol, as it’s a panoramic shot the L got cut a little bit, if I can find another picture I shall show it
2) I deliberately chose to do the iron bridge as it’s a morrissey related place, it’s not a random wall in the middle of nowhere, it’s a place riddled in morrissey related graffiti so I felt it wouldn’t be too out of place
3) the two reasons so much was done is I overestimated the amount of spray paint I needed for my initial plans so I thought may aswell get my moneys worth and use it all
4) whilst some stuff did get covered in the graffiti, I deliberately chose to focus the areas covered in anti Morrissey messages, the iron bridge is a place for fans to leave a mark, and hate messages are clearly not from fans
5) as for the colour, as few have noticed it bears a similarity to the world peace orange, whilst it may be too bright an orange it was a deliberate choice it was also chosen to be a contrasting colour to the greenish blue hue of the bridge
6) finally the motive, whilst there was a desire to get on central, the main motive was to get even a slight bit of attention that would hopefully spread, whilst obviously over estimating myself in that regard, it was the plan
I’m sure there’s more productive ways to spend your time than the wanton destruction that you describe above. All very sad and lame when your ultimate goal was to appear on the Central platform.
Maybe you should channel your efforts into starting a petition for Morrissey’s records to be released. There’s an idea nobody has previously thought of. Oh, hang on..!

Heck of a job!
👍

“the two reasons so much was done is I overestimated the amount of spray paint I needed for my initial plans so I thought may aswell get my moneys worth and use it all”

Rodney—you plonker.

If it is real, chances are the council will cover the whole thing over for the first time in decades, effectively wiping out all the genuine fan comments gathered there - and all for a bit of self promotion.

[...]
Thx for telling us, attention wh*re.

In Spanish, FYI: puta de atención :-*

He used to have some quality control, this is just staged, utterly naff and pathetic. I think he actually believes that outside of the ever diminishing world of Morrissey, that people are actually interested, however this really isn't the case.
His self importance was always pretty significant, but now it's staggering and more so totally deluded.

Could you tell me what colour you used, please? My living room needs decorating. Thank you.

At no point does this clarify it wasn't Sam......

Back
Top Bottom