And Kristeen adds......

I had a thought about the vocal backup at the beginning of "That's How People Grow Up". It's been played from a recording rather than sung live so far. At the last three NY shows, after she'd been dismissed, I thought the vocals sounded a little different, maybe a little softer and more open in voice. I wondered if they had had Nina from GIAC rerecord the piece. This is PURELY speculation, so don't go wild, I'm just wondering if this is the case. The difference, if it exists, is subtle, so I'm not even sure if it would be discernible in the YouTube or bootlegs.

surely Morrissey´s opinion on her voice hasn´t changed, don´t you think? for some reason i think it´s unlikely that he´d just have someone rerecord it.. especially because i don´t think the operatic effect of kristeen´s voice could be achieved by a classically untrained voice.. kristeen´s technique in the higher registers is fantastic.. i loved her part on That´s How People Grow Up.. even though i´m envious.. i´d love to sing with Morrissey, too.. :(

Last edited:
surely Morrissey´s opinion on her voice hasn´t changed, don´t you think? for some reason i think it´s unlikely that he´d just have someone rerecord it.. especially because i don´t think the operatic effect og kristeen´s voice could be a classical untrained voice.. kristeen´s technique in the higher registers is fantastic.. i loved her part on That´s How People Grow Up.. even though i´m envious.. i´d love to sing with Morrissey, too.. :(

No, I think that he'd definitely rerecord it. Pregs's theory is very interesting, and since we have NYC boots from before and after the sacking, maybe we can figure out whether she's right. (By "we," I mean someone else with more time. ;)

They sang about Christine Sizemore, who had multiple personalities...Hence Strawberry Girl and Banana Split Lady
I think there's a film about her knocking about...anyway...back to the show

Back
Top Bottom