Morrissey and Kristeen Young

I loved your post too, left out. Very insightful and understanding. Actually I came back to this thread expecting it to be a slugfest, but here everybody is linking Kristeen to the long line of singular singers whom Morrissey has championed, giving her the artistic credit she deserves, and generally making my earlier post sound defensive and over-the-top.

Thank you, Solo.

As for this point:

What evidence is there that Kristeen is Tony's girlfriend? Does anyone know for certain?

Nobody really does. They do a lot of work on each others' projects, and Tony supports her very avidly and acts as her distributor, and this has been going on since he produced Breasticles five years ago or so. Rumor has linked them, but then again, it would.

Really I just tend to go along because I find it slightly hard not to read Tony-soundin' things into Kristeen's love-ish songs - "9" in which the other character is recording her on tape and editing her voice, "Yesterday's Future Man" which ends with an intergenerational come-on, "My TV" which may or may not be about a television (parse the initials)...

But, no, neither of them has ever mentioned it directly, and the idea that they're a couple is conventional wisdom/rumor rather than acknowledged fact. Also, it isn't like you can go straight to the text, as besides the usual problem with reading things this specific into a song, Kristeen has never written an unambiguous love lyric. Bar "This Is The Dawn Of My D-Day," anyway, which is quite general and could be about anyone provided that they are awesome.

Okay, enough about these people who are strangers to me, sorry.

Last edited:
Actually, back in the Spring, TV was at a few of the Moz gigs... someone from here met TV and KY in the lobby of the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago and they were arm-in-arm cuddly and snuggling during Moz' songs. But nobody knows if that's still the case.

Actually, back in the Spring, TV was at a few of the Moz gigs... someone from here met TV and KY in the lobby of the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago and they were arm-in-arm cuddly and snuggling during Moz' songs. But nobody knows if that's still the case.
normal_05-15-07_kyandtv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom