Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

You are a hopeless dope. His and The Smiths music was made by and only for the so called "loon(e)y left." Outside of Kid Rock, Ted Nugent, and Meatloaf, there is no such thing as right wing rock. There is no such thing as right wing comedy. The arts belong to the left. I am constantly amazed how Morrissey has attracted fans like you. His music is not for you.
With some stiff competition, this has got to be the dumbest post ever. You clearly know nothing about 'the arts' or famous artists. What is true is that artists generally tend to be anti-establishment and free thinkers. That sometimes puts them on 'the left' and that sometimes puts them on 'the right'. It sometimes puts them 'way out there'. Yukio Mishima or Anthony Burgess would be good examples. Mostly it puts them beyond any traditional concept of left and right - e.g. Lenny Bruce. He was cancelled way before any modern cancel culture existed. Many artists would probably describe their outlook on life as 'anarchist'. And artists often say things that are contradictory. To put the likes of Picasso or WB Yeats or TS Eliot or Ernest Hemingway or Céline (or Morrissey) into boxes marked 'left' or 'right' is dumb in the extreme. In music there is the likes of Elvis or Johnny Cash or James Brown or The Kinks or The Beatles or Joy Division. 'Taxman' could never be described as a pro-left anthem. Music is about freedom. And about not being constrained.

Aubrey, you've converted to Islam ?!
Like Father Nietzsche ?

I don’t think Father Nietzsche ever converted; he just admired Islam for its patriarchal and martial elements. There’s really no accounting for taste. Personally I just admire it for its anti-Zionist and anti-West elements. I’m a “cultural Muslim” the same way some atheists claim to be “cultural Christians”—which is just to take some of the aesthetics and the mystical bits.

Yes, unfortunately he does. Allah has some serious issues when it comes to animal suffering. You might even say he’s callous and amoral. Blessed be the name of Allah!
Please don't move my posts. You do not have the genteel charm of FWD and therefore I do not authorize it.

Please don't move my posts. You do not have the genteel charm of FWD and therefore I do not authorize it.

I didn’t move your post, but your post was off-topic (the topic there is Jesus, not halal slaughter machines) so I responded in the appropriate thread is all.

Next time if you want a post moved, ask FWD and if he sees fit that it should be moved, he will move it. That's his job, not yours. You do not have the authority!

NEXT!

Nope. First, I doubt he even cares about what goes where in the Off-topic sub forum; second, he doesn’t need to be dragged into this trivial dispute; and three, if I’ve done something wrong, hit the report button and see if he does care.

Regards,
LS

Nope. First, I doubt he even cares about what goes where in the Off-topic sub forum; second, he doesn’t need to be dragged into this trivial dispute; and three, if I’ve done something wrong, hit the report button and see if he does care.

Regards,
LS
Copying FWD's style doesn't work for you. I did not get the pleasurable feeling I was talking to a respect-worthy gentleman from your 'regards'.

Copying FWD's style doesn't work for you. I did not get the pleasurable feeling I was talking to a respect-worthy gentleman from your 'regards'.

That’s okay. It wasn’t my intention to give you the feeling you were talking to a gentleman. I was just doing it as an off-hand homage, since (absurdly) you brought him into this discussion, which is now off-topic of the off-topic topic. Nevertheless, since we’re here, may the grace of Allah be upon him.

That’s okay. It wasn’t my intention to give you the feeling you were talking to a gentleman. I was just doing it as an off-hand homage, since (absurdly) you brought him into this discussion, which is now off-topic of the off-topic topic. Nevertheless, since we’re here, may the grace of Allah be upon him.
Just keep your hands off of my posts, you cad!

For the 'true fans' who are completely ignorant of Smiths history and don't know how they are connected to other bands, one of many examples of bands complained about here by these experts

S AM.png

I don’t think Father Nietzsche ever converted; he just admired Islam for its patriarchal and martial elements. There’s really no accounting for taste. Personally I just admire it for its anti-Zionist and anti-West elements. I’m a “cultural Muslim” the same way some atheists claim to be “cultural Christians”—which is just to take some of the aesthetics and the mystical bits.

A vegan, anti-west cultural Muslim ? Mister Aubrey, you are a man of mystique !

Though, what do you mean by patriarchy ? Is Keith Richards haram ? I must know !!!

Back
Top Bottom