The Drivel Thread

I just took my walk and it felt okay. I spent most of the day feeling like my right lung is hollowing out. It’s not reassuring. But at the moment I don’t feel so bad, and I didn’t even notice anything wrong with my right lung while on my brisk walk. I feel the infection is creeping to reach my left lung. But for tonight I’m trying to enjoy what life I have left. Maybe I’ll feel like painting this evening, maybe throw out the dirty mop water and rinse the bucket. Probably read true crime. I feel too glum and numb to paint right now, or to do anything but peruse Solo and true crime. I have a counselling session in the morning, and then the writers’ group happens in the afternoon but I doubt I’ll go, especially if my lung feels shitty and it probably will. I’m going to get my heart tested on Friday, with electrodes and physical exercise. I know I have a very slow heart rate, except when I’m painting Morrissey’s eyes, which reminds me, to imagine it’s as important as surgery to get it right, to see if that outlook will steady my fingers, since my nervous system panics when painting his eyes, as if it really were surgery and I don’t know why I panic and spasm, but I’m hoping that thinking that what I’m doing is as important as if I were performing surgery on Morrissey’s eyes, I will sober up and become keenly steady. I shall see, when I dare to paint again. Hopefully this evening or tonight. There’s little that would make me happier than to continue to like Morrissey At Grantley Hall. The only thing better is the real thing, I know, real arms around me, real eyes to check out and love. It’s as if Morrissey were there behind the painting, saying “How dare you paint my eyes!”.

I’m just about to launch a painting session and am curious to find out how it will go. Will I be able to steady my fingers painting Morrissey’s eyes, I wonder, and if not, what crazyness will my spasmodic brushstroke cause. I’m afraid, but I’ll do my best to be steady. The alternative is to just shy away from painting Morrissey’s eyes. I can’t do that.

My fingers were steady this time.
17140268935488987335985878274190.jpg

I’m thrilled. I just took another selfie and look horrible, but I’m thrilled that painting Morrissey’s eyes went well this time. My right lung is not hurting or uncomfortable or even feeling sickly, for now. But I look like I should be in a nursing home. Oh well, can’t have everything. I don’t feel like I should be in a nursing home. I’m happy to have thoroughly enjoyed painting Morrissey and without getting nervous, and like the resulting image very much. I couldn’t ask for more, except Morrissey’s arms around me congratulating me.

Wow this is a hot song and music video that Carmen Vandenberg participated in making. It was only posted one day ago.

the lyrics for the above song:

"Won't Settle"

All of them boys wanna put golden rings 'round my fingers
But I still need my knuckles free to punch
Throw white lace over my face when I'm dancing in the disco
Throw white lace over my face when I'm spinning in the dark

My one and only but you can't own my heart
(Stay or go, you know, I still love you though)
My one and only can never own me

I won't settle for anything other than everything
I won't settle
I won't settle for anything other than me
I won't settle
Cause when you stop the clock spins faster
Don't want a part of your happy never after
I won't settle

All of those thems wanna wrap silver steel 'round my ankles
So when I try to sail all I do is sink
I'll drive that car so far 'til the city looks like stardust
Lay me down to the sound of a brand new friend

My one and only but you can't own my heart
(Near or far you are, still know how close we are)
My one and only you'll never own me

I won't settle
I won't settle
I won't settle

I won't settle
I won't settle

I won't settle
I won't settle
I won't settle

I won't settle
I won't settle

Incredibly my lung hasn’t been hurting for several hours now. I’m not tired because I’m celebrating 1) my lung not bothering me 2) having painted Morrissey’s eyes without spasming, 3) experiencing a deepening faith in Morrissey’s love, and my own, and now maybe some other people’s, for what’s under our skins, 4) having just watched the music video for Won’t Settle twice and being very impressed.

So what if I look fifteen years older than Morrissey in my selfies tonight. It’s no big deal anymore.

Ah! I just took another selfie, and will post it because suddenly 20 years just dropped off my age in it. Blink and the moment is gone.
IMG_20240425_020026758.jpg

Woke up yesterday,put my t-shirt on back to front. Got ready to go out,put my dress on back to front.
The other night I had a dream that Rick Witter was my best friend and he absolutely adored me. The next night I had a dream that Morrissey had opened a crèche for parents with kids attending his gigs. Analyse that?

Woke up yesterday,put my t-shirt on back to front. Got ready to go out,put my dress on back to front.
The other night I had a dream that Rick Witter was my best friend and he absolutely adored me. The next night I had a dream that Morrissey had opened a crèche for parents with kids attending his gigs. Analyse that?
Placing this here to check out soon.

I had a great session with my counsellor this morning. She’s super compassionate and intelligent. Gorgeous too, and has a much loved cat. She’s writing a report to get me funding for further counselling. It’ll probably take a month for the decision to be made whether I will have further counselling or not. It’s highly expensive and I wouldn’t be able to afford it on my own. I’m pretty sure that victims’ services will grant the funding to me, or rather, to my counsellor. We watched the Won’t Settle music video together. It was confusing because there are two guitarists that look similar, Carmen, and a guy with some stubble on his face. My counsellor thought there was just one guitarist in the video, being the guy. I’m killing time until my coffee’s finished and then I’ll run a bath, brush, floss, and take my umbrella out to walk in the pouring rain, hoping today will be the day Morrissey touches me. If not, I will still intend to paint the background of Morrissey At Grantley Hall, let the paint dry, sign the portrait, let it dry, then hang it somewhere, or let it perch before my recliner on the floor against the furniture for a time, until I figure out where to hang it. I’m afraid to paint any further into Morrissey’s face, because I like it as is so much and further alterations could ruin that somewhat. So I will just paint the background, probably yellow, with some green drops of paint in the wet yellow, to throw Morrissey into contrast. My right lung’s not bothering me.

During my bath, a familiar tightness crept into my chest, and a bout of rattle coughing ensued for about an hour and a half. Then I took my walk, and felt okay, or nearly okay, and now my right lung feels plagued but it’s not bothering me much. I hope to get some painting done this evening, and then tomorrow morning it’s the heart test. I’m not firmly decided on whether to continue to paint the face in Morrissey At Grantley Hall, or leave it as is and just do the background. It would be a gamble to paint the face that I already like, so I’ll probably just paint the background, because if later on the face nags at me that it’s not complete, I can always tend to it then, but if I paint it further this evening and it goes wrong, I’ll grieve, because watercolour is usually not open to being corrected. So I think I will leave the face as is for tonight. I will just add some eyelashes and things like that. There I go. Just this, just that, and I will have altered the face. His eyes do beckon for lashes though, maybe. I have Won’t Settle playing in my head. Anyway, don’t mean to bore you. I’m using the drivel thread to talk drivel.

I intend to paint in less than 2 hours and am killing time until then. In the Won’t Settle music video, confusing the two guitarists seems be done on purpose, so that often as I watch I’m not sure if I’m seeing Carmen or the other guitarist, as they both have the blond hairdos and black bomber jackets that my ex boy’friend’ probably wears to this day in his pumped up wheelchair. I’m looking forward to painting and am veering toward a yes, about whether to further paint Morrissey’s face or just skip to painting the background and signing the portrait. I have the desire in my fingers to further paint his face, so that’s probably what I will do when the clock strikes midnight here in Vancouver. I’m so impressed with my counsellor, and Carmen Vandenberg, and Bones UK, and Morrissey, and The Kettle Society which funded my counselling up till this point. Victims’ services is what I’m relying on to take up the funding where The Kettle Society reached its limit of 25 sessions. It’s f***ing something like $300 a pop. I’ve watched Won’t Settle at least 3 times now. I like the music video and song so much. It’s great to see the two women and one man in the video obviously enjoying expressing themselves. The singer is beautiful and Carmen is gorgeous. The man is interesting to watch too. I like the singer’s eyes especially.

I’ve got abusive people’s faces floating around in my mind’s eye after talking about them with my counsellor this morning and then receiving her draft of a report to victims’ services she sent me a few hours ago to check for accuracy. The director of Summerhill Group Homes in Montreal, for instance, who ‘spanked’ me until he ejaculated on my buttocks when I was 12, when he was supposed to be acting as a social worker for one appointment. He had the whole office floor to himself on that occasion, probably planned that way to get me alone and waste my time when he was supposed to be providing me with care. I think his last name was Hirshback. He didn’t penetrate me. He didn’t physically hurt me as the spanking wasn’t even real. He just pretended to spank me so that he could have an excuse to fondle my ass. But he wasted my time and got esteemed socially for ‘caring’ for children, when he was really just warehousing and using them. My reward was getting a foster home, where the foster father was abusive, and my social worker, Sylvia Barzlay, didn’t give a damn, so I learned to run away. Reading the report my counsellor wrote, has made me realize how silenced people with PTSD are, how suppressed we are. We are expected to bottle it up and pretend to have only pleasant subjects on our minds. We are shamed and shunned if we say what’s really on our minds. It’s a crime. A crime, to cover up crimes. I don’t even remember what PTSD stands for and have been taught that only men who’ve gone to war have it. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It’s what made me go psychotic several times. Not schizophrenia. I’m stuck with that diagnosis, but it’s a false label now. Temporarily, sure, but not now, and never again. Since I heard Morrissey sing my name, etc, I care about myself enough to watch my mind for potential psychosis, and weed it out fast.

I have ex boy’friends’ faces floating around in my head, and my sister’s, and abusive ‘caregivers’ from my childhood, my sister being one of them, and rapists galore from childhood and adulthood, and people who’ve randomly tried to hurt me just to be gratuitously spiteful, many who succeeded in taking a chunk out of me, in some cases literally i.e. surgeons who are brats with surgical knives and doctors using biopsy instruments when there’s no valid need to, other than to get their sadistic kicks when I’ve asked them as a vain 20 year old, to remove scars from my lips, which left me with new scars, which were much worse, because they look like blisters.

But, I’ve been meeting a lot of kind people lately, and have had great low cost housing since October 2017, and many organizations have recently come out of the woodwork to help me in a variety of ways, and the art supplies store gives me a 15% discount because I’ve spent so much money there. I come out not making any money whatsoever from my art, when it’s all tallied up. I spend way more on art supplies than I collect back, but that’s okay, for me, though it’s not good for other artists who need to make a decent profit to sustain themselves, paying high rent etc. Maybe I’ll get around to thinking about charging what I should. I never will. I’ll never get around to it. I don’t even know if I will be physically healthy enough to submit art to the Eastside Culture Crawl show in November, if it happens again this year. Right now, my right lung’s not bothering me at all, and I am looking forward to painting Morrissey’s face more. Right now, I feel like I’m healthy. I have Won’t Settle in my head. I wonder if Morrissey’s watched the music video of it. He must have a crush on Carmen, and the singer of Bones UK, and the male guitarist, Morrissey must have a crush on everyone. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get. Morrissey, will you show up again soon? And reach out your hand and touch me this time? Don’t let me go to my grave before feeling your touch. I know, you’re criminally and cripplingly shy, but you can touch me. I know you can if you want to. Anyway, I think I’m all grown up now and will connect with you if you give me another chance to, even if you don’t aggressively or rather, assertively reach out and grasp my arm, for instance. I would be so sad if you gave me another try and I still didn’t make the connection. I would try to take it in stride, but that would be difficult. I’ve taught myself to be observant of people, even if they don’t look like you, so I won’t miss you this time, if there will be a “this time”. I will pick up on your cue(s) and follow through, like I should do hoo, oh ho. I have grieved enough and learned from it, from chances you gave me that I didn’t pick up on while you were accessible to me. I have learned well, I believe, and will be keen to respond to you. It’s too late not to inhale that cloud of mold spores a year ago, but with what time I have left, I’m yours. In my own sick way, I’m yours. And I’ve never been happier. I’ve been typing so long, that it’s moving on to midnight soon here, so I’ll postpone painting until 1AM, while I make peppermint tea, maybe read some true crime, maybe write on paper. Won’t Settle is such a good song. Do you like it Morrissey? I bet you do. I bet you rejoice when you hear it. Just like I do.

I couldn't paint on Morrissey's face, because I like it too much to risk ruining it, so I just did the background.
17141222184787639551335112757379.jpg

Sorry LH, but please reconsider the trauma dumping on a public forum dedicated to a singer. The thing with "Ah don't read it then!" is, sometimes people read it because they are not expecting, that on a forum like this, there are descriptions of traumatic events sprinkled in and it can affect people in different ways. That is nothing against you, but I don't think that it's a good/healthy thing to do that.

Sorry LH, but please reconsider the trauma dumping on a public forum dedicated to a singer. The thing with "Ah don't read it then!" is, sometimes people read it because they are not expecting, that on a forum like this, there are descriptions of traumatic events sprinkled in and it can affect people in different ways. That is nothing against you, but I don't think that it's a good/healthy thing to do that.
I’ll think about what you’ve said, but I’m tired of being shuffled off out of ‘polite’ company.

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom