Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Ricky deserves a love rating, zoomy :disappointed:

Me either :unsure: I wish I could understand the lyrics.

They had a good thing going with bloodsports, night thoughts, and the blue hour, but the last album, with the exception of a few songs, didn't really grab me. They're better when they try for meaning rather than trying to be hip.

Agree! I thought Drive Myself Home was stunning but I couldn't get into the rest of Autofiction.

They're alright when they go "post punk" but they are truly great when there is glamour, bombast, strings, falsettos, a nice reverb drenched production...

Agree! I thought Drive Myself Home was stunning but I couldn't get into the rest of Autofiction.

They're alright when they go "post punk" but they are truly great when there is glamour, bombast, strings, falsettos, a nice reverb drenched production...
totally. they're good with an orchestra too!!

i wonder if the post punk thing is neils influence. he seems to try too hard sometimes, rather than just going with what is natural.

13 years ago today I had wet eyes while watching Morrissey sing I Know Its Over at Bradford St George’s Hall, I also met Boz that night and had a pint with Joey Barton in the pub opposite the venue!

IMG-20110627-00143.jpeg
025.jpeg

you said it. it's completely lacking in any creative spirit and charm, all the members are interchangeable and unmemorable, i dont even know what im supposed to feel when i listen to it. or, rather, what i mean is, i dont know what people who like it are feeling when they listen to it. when blackpink sings "rum-pah-pah lets kill this love" what is the sentiment or spirit there? i have no earthly clue. how could it ever mean anything or be satisfying to listen to in any way? i dont know if it's just that koreans have no concept of music and this is their best imitation of it, or they just dont care, because it's all about music as a commodity. either way, it's weird and offensive.

It turns out NewJeans and ARTMS are pretty good :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

What a revelation this has been! I might have to consider responding to some of those dozens of Asian women who keep matching with me and messaging me on the dating profile I set up ages ago! I have it on good authority that they tend to age far better than you caucasoid women.

By the way, what kind of fool looks for profundity in pop music lyrics? You and the two people who liked your post don’t know how to appreciate a good pop song which is why you focus on the words and image. When a pop song gets all the essential components right: melody, vocals, instrumental, then the content of the lyrics couldn’t be less relevant. The three of you would listen to something like Tommy Richman’s recent smash hit ‘Million Dollar Baby’ and grimace for its duration, while I listen to it and have to admit “this is FIRE :fire::fire:”. But then, you three clearly have NO RHYTHM! I’ll add the appeal of non-intellectual pop music to the list of things you don’t understand @nicky wire's legs.

Last edited:
i just feel like it's a bad imitative amalgam of western music which gets it all wrong because they have no clue about the spirt, the style, the coolness, the sexiness, the irony, the art of being a poseur, the quirks of growing up in a western culture, etc.

like audrey said, it's like a creepy AI misfire (although i would say it's more lame and cringe worthy than creepy)

it reminds me of how they adopt (appropriate) western clothing styles but the the references are all wrong.

Last edited:
Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom