Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

My 90’s top 10 (and as always one album per artist):

5. The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death

You must reeeeeeally like the sound of P. Diddy’s voice :sick:! His ad libs being all over the songs makes The Notorious B.I.G.’s discography unlistenable! And I say this as someone who owns Notorious B.I.G. albums (I bought them 20 years ago). I doubt I paid much attention at the time to Diddy’s voice being on them, but when I tried to listen back to the albums a few years ago to see if they held up, I couldn’t get past it.

IMG_2420.jpeg

As for the Fantasy remix, I listened to it last night and was enraged that P. Diddy's voice was all over it! Has anyone ever got so successful with so little talent before? He became well known for saying "yeah" and "that's right" all over the Notorious B.I.G.'s discography, then used Biggie's death to propel himself to even greater success

Last edited:
You must reeeeeeally like the sound of P. Diddy’s voice :sick:! His ad libs being all over the songs makes The Notorious B.I.G.’s discography unlistenable! And I say this as someone who owns Notorious B.I.G. albums (I bought them 20 years ago). I doubt I paid much attention at the time to Diddy’s voice being on them, but when I tried to listen back to the albums a few years ago to see if they held up, I couldn’t get past it.

View attachment 104170

I agree that Puffy’s “contributions” are a bit much, but I don’t think they ruin everything. I think Biggie’s albums are fantastic (obviously except for Born Again), with amazing beats and soundscapes, jaw-dropping lyricisms and that voice, that amazing voice being the icing on the cake. I got Life After Death a month after it was released and I’ve cherished it immensely ever since.

Oh no, a stranger on the internet has an issue with what I posted, whatever will I do?
Why do you think what you would do would matter to me? This is not the first time either, get a clue.
Morrissey fans seem to get proportionally obnoxious to the amount of failure he experiences. If you have a problem with it, deal with it, sit with your feelings and figure out why you cannot tolerate a different opinion than yours. This is ridiculous. If you can look at the info graphic that started this thread and think it doesn't reek of desperation and make him look foolish, great.
I have a sneaking suspicion that you may have a few anger issues. Have a nice day.

As if this has not been explained before -
Morrissey has been surrounding himself with amateurs who do terrible work. Fiona Dodwell and her word soup 'articles' , in which she cannot bother to fact check or use proper grammar. SER with his sub par 'graphic' skills running that ridiculous site that posts nonsense. Yet, and this is important, so follow along, Morrissey is expecting every major label to roll out the red carpet for him and give him top tier treatment when he surrounds himself with inferiority and now just desperately begs for attention with these self congratulatory posts.

He is pathetic. And we are allowed to say it. It is perfectly acceptable to be a fan of just the Smiths and post here, or any part of Morrissey's solo career, you don't have to love it all and you are allowed to criticize the trainwreck he's become.

Cruel World was last weekend, Duran Duran were the headliners. THAT is how you headline a show. not the lazy Morrissey way. He does everything so half-assed when he even bothers to show up.
yawn yawn yawn versus blah blah blah............hail hail.

Personally, I think this site would fare well with a few more people like Surface.

Agreed. One of the few people here who isn't either "I HATE MORRISSEY, YET I POST HERE EVERY SINGLE f***ING DAY OF MY TERMINALLY ONLINE LIFE" or "MORRISSEY COULD MURDER MY WIFE AND CHILDREN AND I STILL OFFER TO LICK THE SOLES OF HIS FEET". Just comes across as a sound, reasonable person here for the fun of it and enjoying his life.

Agreed. One of the few people here who isn't either "I HATE MORRISSEY, YET I POST HERE EVERY SINGLE f***ING DAY OF MY TERMINALLY ONLINE LIFE" or "MORRISSEY COULD MURDER MY WIFE AND CHILDREN AND I STILL OFFER TO LICK THE SOLES OF HIS FEET". Just comes across as a sound, reasonable person here for the fun of it and enjoying his life.
EXACTLY this. 🙌🏻

Back
Top Bottom