London - Troxy (July 22, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / The Night Pop Dropped / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / Our Frank / Without Music The World Dies / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Last edited:
So I was at the tip of the circle in row A, right on the edge of the balcony.
During Istanbul some guy, steaming and babbling climbed over from behind us, kicked me in the back as he did so, elbowed me in the neck, took his shirt off and was waving his flash around at everyone and making people feel uncomfortable.

A few of us moved a few seats down, and I moved out of the row completely and into the gap where the stairs are.

On the very small chance that the person who did this frequents this site, I only wish that you die soon and your death is not painless.

Sorrow will come in the end.
I was standing, JM*, and there were some strange vibes sparking around the audience. Even after arriving 7ish, a couple of shouters had kicked off and never stopped. They were so disruptive that I thought they would have been warned or sent out before the show started, but they never let up till the end, and at one point Morrissey even replied to one in kind, showing the impact. So I sympathise, especially since both ended up too near me.

David Johansan did a great set, just with his guitarist, both seated on stage. His own music is contemplative and thoughtful pop, and he also sang NYD's Human Being and Lonely Planet Boy. He got a warm reception.

Of pre-show material, Anthony Newley was identified as singing one of the songs that's been played regularly. Cigarettes, Women and Wine by Chicory Tip was another included in the audio list.

It's been heavily raining almost non-stop since mid-morning, which Morrissey commented on, asking how we were coping, and saying it was character-building! I think it was a contributory factor to the off-kilter atmosphere. At the same time, most people got into the mood and was singing along. Bonfire of Teenagers got an appreciative spontaneous round of applause midway. It's striking a chord for many. Speedway was the encore song, after which a t-shirt was thrown. Before it Morrissey had said his spiel about memory and unity and history keeping us going. I didn't catch what he said right at the beginning, which was not in English. Istanbul was a gorgeous addition. David Johansen's backdrop had a Turkish flavour, men in fez hats, and the Whitechapel area has quite a few Turkish eateries. The band was grand. Me and friend visited Whitechapel Art Gallery earlier, where the exhibition was inspired by a James Baldwin comment: life is more important than art, which is why art is so important.

The Troxy hall is fabulous. It was full but I didn't see much response upstairs - too much, at times downstairs :rolleyes:

Hope everyone had a great time despite hiccups. More tomorrow maybe...

Ok
I was standing, JM*, and there were some strange vibes sparking around the audience. Even after arriving 7ish, a couple of shouters had kicked off and never stopped. They were so disruptive that I thought they would have been warned or sent out before the show started, but they never let up till the end, and at one point Morrissey even replied to one in kind, showing the impact. So I sympathise, especially since both ended up too near me.

David Johansan did a great set, just with his guitarist, both seated on stage. His own music is contemplative and thoughtful pop, and he also sang NYD's Human Being and Lonely Planet Boy. He got a warm reception.

Of pre-show material, Anthony Newley was identified as singing one of the songs that's been played regularly. Cigarettes, Women and Wine by Chicory Tip was another included in the audio list.

It's been heavily raining almost non-stop since mid-morning, which Morrissey commented on, asking how we were coping, and saying it was character-building! I think it was a contributory factor to the off-kilter atmosphere. At the same time, most people got into the mood and was singing along. Bonfire of Teenagers got an appreciative spontaneous round of applause midway. It's striking a chord for many. Speedway was the encore song, after which a t-shirt was thrown. Before it Morrissey had said his spiel about memory and unity and history keeping us going. I didn't catch what he said right at the beginning, which was not in English. Istanbul was a gorgeous addition. David Johansen's backdrop had a Turkish flavour, men in fez hats, and the Whitechapel area has quite a few Turkish eateries. The band was grand. Me and friend visited Whitechapel Art Gallery earlier, where the exhibition was inspired by a James Baldwin comment: life is more important than art, which is why art is so important.

The Troxy hall is fabulous. It was full but I didn't see much response upstairs - too much, at times downstairs :rolleyes:

✂️ Snip...

✂️ Snip...

Re: Newley.
These are previously logged tracks, any ring a bell?
I'm The Boy You Should Yes To
Strawberry Fair
Girls Were Made To Love And Kiss

Regards,
FWD.

You could have said this in like three sentences.

He should surprise everyone and throw in some unexpected classics like:
I've Changed My Plea, Nobody Loves Us, This Is Not Your Country, Why Don't You Find Out, I Can Have Both, Girl Drowning, My Love Life, A Swallow On My Neck, Disappointed.
My love life 😀

My fifth show of Morrissey and the first time with this band, think they sounded great and it was one the best M shows I've seen.

Great night

Back
Top Bottom