James and Johnny Marr US Tour

Every time I see something like this (and it's happening more and more regularly these days), my first thought is: God, what must Morrissey think?

(I realise this means I'm mentally ill / unhealthily obsessed - that's fine, whatever - but he must surely, on some level, care? Does it niggle away at him? Does it make him more determined to somehow keep making new songs, and get back out there? Or is he chugging a cheeky vodka and tonic at 11.30am in a Zurich hotel and mentally reliving his former glory days from the 90s, safe in the knowledge that his former friends and bandmates will never receive that level of adoration?)

Every time I see something like this (and it's happening more and more regularly these days), my first thought is: God, what must Morrissey think?

(I realise this means I'm mentally ill / unhealthily obsessed - that's fine, whatever - but he must surely, on some level, care? Does it niggle away at him? Does it make him more determined to somehow keep making new songs, and get back out there? Or is he chugging a cheeky vodka and tonic at 11.30am in a Zurich hotel and mentally reliving his former glory days from the 90s, safe in the knowledge that his former friends and bandmates will never receive that level of adoration?)
Many think likewise! I expect he's pretty gutted at Marr's success.
It's odd to see Marr getting indier and indier as time goes on.
Suede were never much more than a third-rate cartoon indie band, and Marr's even supporting them this summer.
Hopefully, it will encourage Morrissey to get back out there and claim a big slice of indie-dom for himself!

Well, he did write We Hate It When Our Friend… about James. It’s not hard to imagine how he feels about the current situation.

Anyone got Boston presale code?

Hopefully this combo will visit Europe thereafter too.
They are doing 2 UK shows with James playing orchestral shows with Johnny as support in July.

They are doing 2 UK shows with James playing orchestral shows with Johnny as support in July.

I'm going to the Lytham one, it's a shame Johnny's not doing the orchestra thing at the same shows . I saw both of them doing orchestral shows last year, James at Manchester Apollo and Johnny at Aviva Studios, both were brilliant gigs.

That’s great, but I meant mainland Europe.

Johnny hasn’t been here in quite some time and James very rarely in the past 40 years.

That’s great, but I meant mainland Europe.

Johnny hasn’t been here in quite some time and James very rarely in the past 40 years.

James play in Portugal a lot for some reason, they have 3 dates in Spain next week and a couple in Greece next month. Johnny was in Spain last week and I think he's in Belgium in July.

James play in Portugal a lot for some reason, they have 3 dates in Spain next week and a couple in Greece next month. Johnny was in Spain last week and I think he's in Belgium in July.
Yes, at the Torhout festival, but he hasn’t done a club tour in a few years here.
James for some reason very rarely visit Western Europe.

James and Johnny Marr are embarking on a 20-date North American tour starting September 17 in Denver:

Starting a thread for sharing presale codes. Presales start tomorrow, May 8, with general on-sale Friday May 10.
Consequence of Sound is showing the Live Nation presale code: SOUNDCHECK
Looks like that presale start Thursday 5/9 at 10:00am.

Surprised the JM eMail list hasn't yet sent info for the JM presale

The lead singer of James is a dickhole king.
He lied and said that he had to murder Birds because of a
health condition.
It was actually shown that the suggested diet for his condition,
accordian' to prominent professionals like the Mayo Clinic, was
instead plant based.
This dickhole didn't even have the guts to admit that he murdered
Birds by his own fruition.

When I visited Lisbon in April 2019, I remember picking up one of these “What’s on “ booklets which had a big advertisement for James. Turned out they played in Lisbon 2 nights before my arrival. Really too bad.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom