"Forgive Someone"

Let's just assume every Morrissey song is about Marr. Safer that way.

Jack The Ripper. Actually...Jack is a form of John so......

Jack The Ripper. Actually...Jack is a form of John so......

"A synonym for 'ripper' is 'shredder'...a 'shredder' is a type of guitarist and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain...guitarist...Teenage...Marr met Morrissey when he was a teenager...mutant...mute...a guitar can be muted...ninja...ninjutsu...a type of martial arts...Bruce Lee was a martial artist...Bruce Lee was a 2014 tour backdrop...Bruce Lee looks like an Asian Johnny Marr...turtles...turtles are reptiles...snakes are reptiles...BOOMSLANG...a bomb goes BOOM...a ghost goes BOO...Morrissey saw a ghost on the moors...Morrissey mentions 'the moors' on 'Suffer Little Children'...which means, I'm going to have Morrissey's baby."

This concludes our look inside the mind of Crystal Geezer.

"A synonym for 'ripper' is 'shredder'...a 'shredder' is a type of guitarist and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain...guitarist...Teenage...Marr met Morrissey when he was a teenager...mutant...mute...a guitar can be muted...ninja...ninjutsu...a type of martial arts...Bruce Lee was a martial artist...Bruce Lee was a 2014 tour backdrop...Bruce Lee looks like an Asian Johnny Marr...turtles...turtles are reptiles...snakes are reptiles...BOOMSLANG...a bomb goes BOOM...a ghost goes BOO...Morrissey saw a ghost on the moors...Morrissey mentions 'the moors' on 'Suffer Little Children'...which means, I'm going to have Morrissey's baby."

This concludes our look inside the mind of Crystal Geezer.

That was impressive! Reminded me of when Matt Pinfield used to host 120 Minutes and go off on these insane tangents. hahahah

You lied about the lies that you told
which is the full extent of what being you is all about
you say:
"Oh, please forgive..."
you say:
"Oh, live and let live..."
but sorry doesn't help us
sorry will not save us
sorry will not bring my love into my arms

And who are you to infer that is, Mr Joyce?

If we can shift gears on the topic slightly: how or why is their truth dying with Morrissey? Is the subject already dead or dying? Why is Morrissey so certain he or she won't speak? Does he know something about his own mortality?

Or is it all fiction that we've psychoanalyzed into a blind corner? Any road, a quality Morrissey song.

Last edited:
If we can shift gears on the topic slightly: how or why is their truth dying with Morrissey? Is the subject already dead or dying? Why is Morrissey so certain they'll speak? Does he know something about his own mortality?

Or is it all fiction that we've psychoanalyzed into a blind corner? Any road, a quality Morrissey song.

Well, it seems to me that the Morrissey-narrator is saying he won't betray the other person (whoever that may be!) by revealing the "truth" of their time together. Hence "our truth will die with me".

Well, it seems to me that the Morrissey-narrator is saying he won't betray the other person (whoever that may be!) by revealing the "truth" of their time together. Hence "our truth will die with me".

Its not that dissimilar to the ending of "Speedway", I always thought the use of "strange way" had some significance.

I could have mentioned your name
I could have dragged you in
guilt by implication
by association
I've always been true to you
in my own strange way
in my own sick way
I'll always stay true to you

Its not that dissimilar to the ending of "Speedway", I always thought the use of "strange way" had some significance.

I could have mentioned your name
I could have dragged you in
guilt by implication
by association
in my own strange way
in my own sick way
I'll always stay true to you

Yes, I actually mentioned that somewhere upthread...

You lied about the lies that you told
which is the full extent of what being you is all about
you say:
"Oh, please forgive..."
you say:
"Oh, live and let live..."
but sorry doesn't help us
sorry will not save us
sorry will not bring my love into my arms

And who are you to infer that is, Mr Joyce?

I heard something along those lines a few year ago, but didn't give it a second thought.

P.

I was typing on my phone so I realized I made a fatal flaw in one of my questions, now corrected. I hear you, but what I was focusing on is WHY the truth will die with Morrissey-narrator. How is that guaranteed? It suggests the subject may be dead, dying, or will be predeceased by Morrissey-narrator. Or, at a minimum, he perceives his version to be "the truth," whatever the subject says or others infer about them later. It certainly adds ambiguity to the song with an economy of words. It's quite nicely done.

Back
Top Bottom