Daily Mail: "Big Mouth Strikes AGAIN! Morrissey is filmed from his BA business class seat demanding to be 'let off' the plane..." (May 13, 2023)

70899613-0-image-a-19_1683881070705.jpg

Big Mouth Strikes AGAIN! Morrissey is filmed from his BA business class seat demanding to be 'let off' the plane that was grounded due to stormy weather

Excerpt:
Severe thunderstorms meant his flight from London Heathrow to the Irish capital was diverted to Shannon on the west coast of Ireland where it sat on the tarmac for almost two hours until the weather improved.

But once on the tarmac, witnesses said Morrissey demanded to speak to the captain and asked to be 'let off' the Airbus A320 as he didn't 'want to be hanging around in [a] coffin' for hours.

Video passed to MailOnline shows him standing at the front of the plane, in a blue suit, talking to a cabin crew member who is heard telling him: 'We have to put the paperwork in the computer, close the door and then off we go'.

Related item:

I held out watching the video, but i decided to watch and yes, its someone complaining but because its Morrissey it is quite comical, petulant maybe, i dont know, i love him a little bit more after watching, and i can't explain why, he just makes me smile. God bless you Moz x
It was so mild and dear I say, wimpy. That makes you like him more? Okay.

He complained about a tarmac delay. The level of melodrama on this thread is ridiculous.

I'm not saying they should drag him off to the cells or any kind of punishment actually, but the idea everyone else being patient and showing self control is somehow a sign of being sheep compared to the great Moz, is the bit that pisses me off.

saying his behaviour isn't great isn't melodrama.

Oh dear 😆
Why warn about this article?

The thing reported actually happened, why make it sound like someone dug up dirt on him to make him look bad (implying that it's untrue gossip)?

And as mentioned here from another user - Streisand effect anyone?

The article itself is an absolute non-article. Nothing bad or extraordinary happened there and perhaps it would be also a footnote article if it wasn't Morrissey, like the classic "reader can send photos and videos" - thing mostly tabloids do and it then it would be about some old passenger slow clapping the crew after not being led of the plane or something.
I really find airport travel really annoying too because there are so many regulations and hoops you have to go to to finally get on and off the plane but it is what it is.
I really don't think the situation in the video is an issue somebody finally must protest for the sake of mankind (although one can of course) to change a screaming injustice. Let's face it: he was pissed (certainly in one way and perhaps in the other) and voiced his opinion. Nothing really happened there. And I really don't think that anyone (except Solo and M himself) really cares for what happened there.

I also don't think something like this hinders him getting a record contract, that must be due to other unknown circumstances.
So if Central didn't make this ominous post in advance it would just be what it is. A day in the life of someone.

Oh dear 😆
Why warn about this article?

The thing reported actually happened, why make it sound like someone dug up dirt on him to make him look bad (implying that it's untrue gossip)?

And as mentioned here from another user - Streisand effect anyone?

The article itself is an absolute non-article. Nothing bad or extraordinary happened there and perhaps it would be also a footnote article if it wasn't Morrissey, like the classic "reader can send photos and videos" - thing mostly tabloids do and it then it would be about some old passenger slow clapping the crew after not being led of the plane or something.
I really find airport travel really annoying too because there are so many regulations and hoops you have to go to to finally get on and off the plane but it is what it is.
I really don't think the situation in the video is an issue somebody finally must protest for the sake of mankind (although one can of course) to change a screaming injustice. Let's face it: he was pissed (certainly in one way and perhaps in the other) and voiced his opinion. Nothing really happened there. And I really don't think that anyone (except Solo and M himself) really cares for what happened there.

I also don't think something like this hinders him getting a record contract, that must be due to other unknown circumstances.
So if Central didn't make this ominous post in advance it would just be what it is. A day in the life of someone.
It’s such a nothing article that it makes me wonder if Central wasn’t talking about some other future article. But it’d be too much of a coincidence. Probably Moz or Sam were just annoyed at the crappy clickbait article and wanted to ask fans not to give them clicks.

I'm not saying they should drag him off to the cells or any kind of punishment actually, but the idea everyone else being patient and showing self control is somehow a sign of being sheep compared to the great Moz, is the bit that pisses me off.

saying his behaviour isn't great isn't melodrama.

There are posts saying he should be jailed & acting as if no one has ever been rattled in public before.

It’s such a nothing article that it makes me wonder if Central wasn’t talking about some other future article. But it’d be too much of a coincidence. Probably Moz or Sam were just annoyed at the crappy clickbait article and wanted to ask fans not to give them clicks.

They won't know exactly what was in it & he's had some bad experiences of people using things as an excuse to express extreme hatred of him - but it doesn't look as if it will be a big scandal.

Don't believe me, just keep playing "Rebels Without (but really with) Applause." Let the autotune wash over you. Sublime.
No no, I’m quite inclined to agree and as much as I adore the man and find reason where there’s fault, it dawned on me last night that we’re in a period of tunes which are of apparent cousins to Eurovision hits.

However Johnnie, part of me thinks that without the record companies releasing his stuff we’re only getting part of the package and it makes no full-bodied sense. They’re causing a downward spiral and he’s willing to play the game because technically, he could self-release a limited number and get his profits…. How much would fans be willing to pay for a signed BOT vinyl? I’d pay 15k max and other die harders would too?

If I were M’s estate, I’d get a clause in place to block Capitol from releasing BOT in the eventuality of his demise because it’s clear to see that that’s what they’re doing.

There are posts saying he should be jailed & acting as if no one has ever been rattled in public before.

That's up to the aircrew and what they are prepared to tolerate, some get away with more, some don't, none of my business really unless i'm stuck on a plane with it. Saying he's wrong or not behaving himself isn't going to erase his contribution to music, it's the people justifying it that i'm irritated by, not people saying it isn't a huge deal.

No no, I’m quite inclined to agree and as much as I adore the man and find reason where there’s fault, it dawned on me last night that we’re in a period of tunes which are of apparent cousins to Eurovision hits.

However Johnnie, part of me thinks that without the record companies releasing his stuff we’re only getting part of the package and it makes no full-bodied sense. They’re causing a downward spiral and he’s willing to play the game because technically, he could self-release a limited number and get his profits…. How much would fans be willing to pay for a signed BOT vinyl? I’d pay 15k max and other die harders would too?

If I were M’s estate, I’d get a clause in place to block Capitol from releasing BOT in the eventuality of his demise because it’s clear to see that that’s what they’re doing.
I don’t think that’s what they’re doing. It’d be absurd. Moz could easily live 20 plus years more.

I don’t think his future estate would have any right though to block such a release.

I agree with some opinions about nothing being good about this story. However, there's a difference between what some think of this situation from how I actually perceive it:

The episode was hugely upsetting for Morrissey and he expressed out loud his discomfort at being for long time in an airtight closed in space, surrounded by people staring at each other, without the option of getting out of it for a bit of fresh air for a few minutes. And one must not forget his age and health problems.

The BA side is also understandable. They have to take care of their passengers flight safety. It’s their responsibitity. But not allowing people out of the plane to breathe and stretch their legs even for a few minutes might have more to do with avoiding extra work for the airline people than just a matter of safety. And Moz knows it.

My perspective is from a Morrissey fan who imagines he was headed to the beautiful land of his parents and ancestors for his birthday, to have a good time, and this episode has just spoiled it. The episode in itself and the repercussions of the DM article.

I hope he can still have a good time in Ireland.

That's up to the aircrew and what they are prepared to tolerate, some get away with more, some don't, none of my business really unless i'm stuck on a plane with it. Saying he's wrong or not behaving himself isn't going to erase his contribution to music, it's the people justifying it that i'm irritated by, not people saying it isn't a huge deal.

There was no point complaining because there's nothing anyone can do about the weather - but the thing I thought was interesting - & is probably a key to his art - is that the pilot was just saying any old crap to keep people's spirits up while they waited & Morrissey was having none of it. It's why he can write about all the mixed feelings most of us bottle up or smooth out & the bit of him that can't shut up & sit still is why he's a singer, not a novelist.

I don’t think that’s what they’re doing. It’d be absurd. Moz could easily live 20 plus years more.

I don’t think his future estate would have any right though to block such a release.
Yeah. If Bonfire was a child, after the break up Capitol have full custody. Morrissey can't even see it every other weekend.

You would pay 15K ??

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom