YOU americans, because I'm not!!!!

N

no one

you have politic issues, and are suffering terrorist attacks on your country, that's awful, we know. but the ridiculous 'propaganda' that CNN is making recently is just increasing HATE, racism and is feeding american desire for blood and war. but the worse part of this is: we, out of US can't have peace anymore, because each problem you have, you drag ALL THE REST OF PLANET DOWN WITH YOU, because you are a selfish nation, because you think you are the centre of the universe, because you think this whole world belongs to you. terrorism is not new, lots of people die everyday in countries you don;t even know the name, but now you were @#!!!ed, so you presume that your pain is better, or more important than someone else's. i need to say that: we don;t like you, we don't like the problems that YOU are creating for us, OUT of US. we laugh at you, not for the pain of your people, but for your lack of humanity. you just care about your 'american way of life', so enjoy anthrax,---kill innocent people, YEAH, do it, perhaps now you can have the revenge you need. United Stated will never be the same, and you must open your eyes and face it: you don't live in a safe place. stop to think your pain is more important. there are a lot of people suffering right now, and your bags of food won't help in any possible way. we despise your help. 'first, receive a bomb in your ass, then, please, receive some food??' yeah, america, you are great!!! no wonder most of us really don;t care about you. You are fourcing us to fight for YOUR cause, it happens that you are bothering us, you are deciding everything for us, but we didn't ask your opinion about anything. your imperialism is disgusting, your culture is good for you, but not for us. do us a favour, and learn with this tragedy, and please, leave the rest of the world alone. no one wants to go to US recently, no one is interested on you, and this IS a lesson for you. stop pretending you're ok, things are ok, because things would never be so bad for you.

Re: sorry

stop
> pretending you're ok, things are ok, because things would never
> be so bad for you.

i meant that things couldn't be worse for you now. well, my english is a sh.ityy, but you get the general idea.

Look here my information toting friend,May you die a severe death full of: prostate cancer,high t-cell count aidz,colon cancer,cancer of the mouth,me beating the schit out of you,and someone(preferrably me) taking a nice dump on your nugget. I also wish that the aidz you contracted from having homosexual encounterz with that donkey,walrus and giraffe,seeps into your system and you agonize in pain for awhile.Then,I'll be there with my trusty aluminum bat,to sear off your nugget once and for all.

Why do anti-American diatribes always mention how no one wants to come here anymore?

Re: And your nationality is ...???

and your country is squeaky clean???

This is truly a poor display. You menace for American 'imperialism' leads to your well-educated hate of individuals. Well done, O scholar for the isle, well done! Your logic is impressive, your eloquence staggering!!! Bravo!

Yeah...I'm an American.

I regretfully concede to your opinion that the American GOVERNMENT (note: NOT "America" as a whole) has been acting in a selfish, bullying way recently. But I must take issue with some of your incendiary statements:

> ...the ridiculous
> 'propaganda' that CNN is making recently is just increasing
> HATE, racism and is feeding american desire for blood and war.

What kind of "propaganda" has CNN been spreading?

> but the worse part of this is: we, out of US can't have peace
> anymore, because each problem you have, you drag ALL THE REST OF
> PLANET DOWN WITH YOU, because you are a selfish nation, because
> you think you are the centre of the universe, because you think
> this whole world belongs to you.

1. We're not considered "selfish" when we distribute billions of dollars each year to aid countries in need of American money.

2. Newsflash: America IS a prominent world power (if not the most powerful). Granted, that does not make us the "centre of the universe," but anything that affects the US most often ends up affecting the rest of the political and economic world. Deal with it.

3. Bin Laden and the Taliban are the ones who seem to be having entitlement issues, NOT the US (unless you consider being entitled with a terrorst-free world a bad thing).

> terrorism is not new, lots of
> people die everyday in countries you don;t even know the name

You're absolutely right, and Americans unfortunately are not as well-informed (or interested) in the rest of the world as...well, the REST of the world is. Our bad.

> but now you were @#!!! ed, so you presume that your pain is
> better, or more important than someone else's.

ANY country who suffers terrorist attacks will take it more personally than attacks in other countries - yours was a ridiculous comment!

And you also need to realize that this was an unprecedented tragedy (not minimizing the Oklahoma City explosion and the first WTC bombing). If you actually assumed the US would have taken this lying down, then you're naive.

> i need to say
> that: we don;t like you, we don't like the problems that YOU are
> creating for us, OUT of US. we laugh at you, not for the pain of
> your people, but for your lack of humanity.

Who is "we?" Are you speaking on behalf of a nation? Your country's government? Perhaps "I" would have been a better choice of pronoun.

> you just care about
> your 'american way of life',

I won't speak for my country ( :p ) but yes, *I* DO care about my "American way of life," just as anyone ELSE in this world would care about THEIR way of life (be it America, Afghanistan or where-ever).

> so enjoy anthrax,---

What a terrible thing to say! Your total lack of humanity is disguststing.

> kill innocent people, YEAH, do it, perhaps now you can have the
> revenge you need.

Hey, that's an unfortunate by-product of war. I don't necessarily agree with how my country's handling this situation, but it's quite ludicrous to bring up the killing of innocent people during a war, as if it has never happened in the past. It's a terrible thing, but it's also expected. You've shocked NO ONE with that comment.

> United Stated will never be the same

You're damned right!

> and you must open
> your eyes and face it: you don't live in a safe place.

Thanks for the newsflash. Anyway, America is still a relatively safe place - we don't have daily bombings and mass murders.

So why not come visit? You'll LOVE it!

> stop to
> think your pain is more important.

Once again, our (or MY) pain IS more important to me than anyone else's. It doesn't mean we (or I) lack sympathy for the pain of any other nations' people.

> there are a lot of people
> suffering right now, and your bags of food won't help in any
> possible way.

It helps in a SMALL way.
Would you prefer we just send more money?

> we despise your help.

Then stop asking for/expecting it.

Anyway, who's this "we??"

> 'first, receive a bomb in
> your ass, then, please, receive some food??' yeah, america, you
> are great!!!

We're not perfect.

> no wonder most of us really don;t care about you.

Apparently, as you can see from the replies you've gotten, SOMEONE cares about us.

> You are fourcing us to fight for YOUR cause, it happens that you
> are bothering us, you are deciding everything for us,

I can see that.
Except the "us" part.

> but we
> didn't ask your opinion about anything.

Did you mean, "YOU didn't ask OUR opinion about anything?"
Because I think we DID.

> your imperialism is
> disgusting, your culture is good for you, but not for us.

HAHAHAHAHA! Are you suggesting that American culture is not, right at this moment, being appreciated (nee completely LAPPED UP) by other cultures???

I'll bet you like "South Park."

> do us
> a favour, and learn with this tragedy, and please, leave the
> rest of the world alone.

Sorry, but this already involves the rest of the world.

> no one wants to go to US recently,

Have you taken a poll?

> no
> one is interested on you

Given your post, YOU seem to be. This is front-page news just about everywhere, so SOMEONE'S interested.

> and this IS a lesson for you. stop
> pretending you're ok, things are ok, because things would never
> be so bad for you.

Well, I, for one, have learned my lesson. Thank you for enlightening me.

Lifeguard...

...good answers.

My main bugbear with America is the years and years of funding your country, and New Yorkers in particular, have given to Noraid - which is, of course, the fundraising arm of the IRA who, for 30 years, have been slaughtering innocent men, women and seemingly most often, children... terrorism is terrorism, and if September 11th did ANYTHING positive it was to highlight that terrorist organisations, nevermind how 'just' their cause may have been a hundred years ago, in this present day and age, will NOT be tolerated, whether it be in Ireland, Afghanistan, wherever....

Americans have this baffling tendency to think America IS the world (only 40% with passports?!?!?), and as a country relatively unaffected by terrorism. September 11th woke a lot of people up to what has been an everyday fear, albeit on a smaller scale, in many parts of the world, Great Britain included. Terrorism, again, is just terrorism, and an American's loss is no greater than anyone elses.....

by now> I regretfully concede to your opinion that the American
> GOVERNMENT (note: NOT "America" as a whole) has been
> acting in a selfish, bullying way recently. But I must take
> issue with some of your incendiary statements:

> What kind of "propaganda" has CNN been spreading?

> 1. We're not considered "selfish" when we distribute
> billions of dollars each year to aid countries in need of
> American money.

> 2. Newsflash: America IS a prominent world power (if not the
> most powerful). Granted, that does not make us the "centre
> of the universe," but anything that affects the US most
> often ends up affecting the rest of the political and economic
> world. Deal with it.

> 3. Bin Laden and the Taliban are the ones who seem to be having
> entitlement issues, NOT the US (unless you consider being
> entitled with a terrorst-free world a bad thing).

> You're absolutely right, and Americans unfortunately are not as
> well-informed (or interested) in the rest of the world
> as...well, the REST of the world is. Our bad.

> ANY country who suffers terrorist attacks will take it more
> personally than attacks in other countries - yours was a
> ridiculous comment!

> And you also need to realize that this was an unprecedented
> tragedy (not minimizing the Oklahoma City explosion and the
> first WTC bombing). If you actually assumed the US would have
> taken this lying down, then you're naive.

> Who is "we?" Are you speaking on behalf of a nation?
> Your country's government? Perhaps "I" would have been
> a better choice of pronoun.

> I won't speak for my country ( :p ) but yes, *I* DO care about
> my "American way of life," just as anyone ELSE in this
> world would care about THEIR way of life (be it America,
> Afghanistan or where-ever).

> What a terrible thing to say! Your total lack of humanity is
> disguststing.

> Hey, that's an unfortunate by-product of war. I don't
> necessarily agree with how my country's handling this situation,
> but it's quite ludicrous to bring up the killing of innocent
> people during a war, as if it has never happened in the past.
> It's a terrible thing, but it's also expected. You've shocked NO
> ONE with that comment.

> You're damned right!

> Thanks for the newsflash. Anyway, America is still a relatively
> safe place - we don't have daily bombings and mass murders.

> So why not come visit? You'll LOVE it!

> Once again, our (or MY) pain IS more important to me than anyone
> else's. It doesn't mean we (or I) lack sympathy for the pain of
> any other nations' people.

> It helps in a SMALL way.
> Would you prefer we just send more money?

> Then stop asking for/expecting it.

> Anyway, who's this "we??"

> We're not perfect.

> Apparently, as you can see from the replies you've gotten,
> SOMEONE cares about us.

> I can see that.
> Except the "us" part.

> Did you mean, "YOU didn't ask OUR opinion about
> anything?"
> Because I think we DID.

> HAHAHAHAHA! Are you suggesting that American culture is not,
> right at this moment, being appreciated (nee completely LAPPED
> UP) by other cultures???

> I'll bet you like "South Park."

> Sorry, but this already involves the rest of the world.

> Have you taken a poll?

> Given your post, YOU seem to be. This is front-page news just
> about everywhere, so SOMEONE'S interested.

> Well, I, for one, have learned my lesson. Thank you for
> enlightening me.

Re: Me...

> ...good answers.

Thanks.

> My main bugbear with America is the years and years of funding
> your country, and New Yorkers in particular, have given to
> Noraid - which is, of course, the fundraising arm of the IRA
> who, for 30 years, have been slaughtering innocent men, women
> and seemingly most often, children...

terrorism is terrorism,
> and if September 11th did ANYTHING positive it was to highlight
> that terrorist organisations, nevermind how 'just' their cause
> may have been a hundred years ago, in this present day and age,
> will NOT be tolerated, whether it be in Ireland, Afghanistan,
> wherever....

I agree with you completely.

> Americans have this baffling tendency to think America IS the
> world (only 40% with passports?!?!?), and as a country
> relatively unaffected by terrorism.

Well, up until the WTC attacks, we WERE relatively unaffected by terrorism (geographically-speaking).

> September 11th woke a lot of
> people up to what has been an everyday fear, albeit on a smaller
> scale, in many parts of the world, Great Britain included.

Unfortunately, it takes violence and war to wake the general population up to world events (as long as the US is involved, anyway); I've been guilty of that, myself.

I can get into a tangent about our education system and the media, but that would exhaust me and take too long.

> Terrorism, again, is just terrorism, and an American's loss is
> no greater than anyone elses.....

I never meant to imply that it IS; I simply meant that Americans will obviously take this loss more personally than they would, losses in any other part of the world because it's on their turf. The same can be said of any other country.

But I guess, given America's prominence in the world (particularly in the media, etc) its loss (or more, the significance of its loss) will seem more magnified.

And come on; you can't tell me that seeing the Twin Towers collapse for the first time, didn't stir your emotions, American citizen or not. I think the same kind of significance and outpouring of sympathy would have been present, had bin Laden's thugs brought down the Parthenon or even the Eiffel Tower (but, of course, they would not have contained 5,000+ people - I was mostly going by the visual spectacle of it).

I dunno...did any of this even make sense? I tend to lose my train of thought a lot.

I think what you have said is quite on target!

> Thanks.

> terrorism is terrorism,

> I agree with you completely.

> Well, up until the WTC attacks, we WERE relatively unaffected by
> terrorism (geographically-speaking).

> Unfortunately, it takes violence and war to wake the general
> population up to world events (as long as the US is involved,
> anyway); I've been guilty of that, myself.

> I can get into a tangent about our education system and the
> media, but that would exhaust me and take too long.

> I never meant to imply that it IS; I simply meant that Americans
> will obviously take this loss more personally than they would,
> losses in any other part of the world because it's on their
> turf. The same can be said of any other country.

> But I guess, given America's prominence in the world
> (particularly in the media, etc) its loss (or more, the
> significance of its loss) will seem more magnified.

> And come on; you can't tell me that seeing the Twin Towers
> collapse for the first time, didn't stir your emotions, American
> citizen or not. I think the same kind of significance and
> outpouring of sympathy would have been present, had bin Laden's
> thugs brought down the Parthenon or even the Eiffel Tower (but,
> of course, they would not have contained 5,000+ people - I was
> mostly going by the visual spectacle of it).

> I dunno...did any of this even make sense? I tend to lose my
> train of thought a lot.

I lose my train of thought ALL the time, but from the original inane comments about the person who speaks (apparently) for a whole nation to YOUR response to it, I went from wanting to respond, to reading the rest of the posts in response to it, and feel that you have placed in good words what I would have said anyway- lengthy or not.

I am an American, of course, as most know. I watched the same tragedy unfold as did most of the rest of the world. Because it was in my own homeland did NOT change the fact that the first thing I did was pray for the people who caused it, pray for those lost, and pray for those who are personally involved in the losses of their loved ones. This came to my attention a bit differently than the sad bombings that take place in other countries and nations, as my brother-in-law was lost on an airplane at the time, but all the same when THOSE things are on my television screen, or on the front internet page, or in my newspaper stories, the FIRST thing I do is say a prayer. I turn to my faith- as YOUR people ("No One", that is) say they do in this horrible justification- in explaining why they did such a thing to the US.

This is small potatoes compared to what you are going through, "No One", I realize. There is NOTHING I can say or do here to try to help you understand that not everyone feels that what is going on is good. However, I do not think that after being so openly attacked in such a viscious way that we, as whatever kind of "bad" place you think we live in and function from, are ALL responsible for the way the United States acts and reacts to everything. We live under a government that you have NO idea how it functions (clearly) and basically have the right to think and feel and even SAY what we wish, but have to agree to live in a country that takes the MAJORITY of the vote towards the actions it takes. This does NOT mean we all think the way the government does. I hope that you can understand what I am saying, even in the slightest way.

If we don't agree with our country, we have the right to move to another and ex-communicate ourselves in a certain way. I don't know all the specifics, but I know that is an option that we as Americans have. Go figure. This is all the result of living somewhere that allows very much freedom of almost everything, but we do not accept beatings, nor killing a woman for the way she is dressed. We do not accept leaving a woman to starve because whe has no family of men to take care of her or her children and isn't allowed to work for her own living. We are a nation that supports and protects one another and feels compassion for a great many peoples, and you are belittling that because of a narrow view you have been fed by YOUR peoples and their jaded thoughts of the way the rest of the world lives. This is sad and I send many thoughts in prayer that this is something that maybe can change in the future. However I am just one small person.

Laura

Lifeguard....

...I have to be perfectly honest and say that the sight of a child's bloody teddy bear on the floor outside a McDonalds in Warrington, Cheshire after an IRA bomb 5 years ago stirred me more than seeing the WTC collapse.

And seeing the devastation left in Enniskillen after the bomb blast there was too horrific for words. Utterly unforgiveable... if there's one thing that can be said for the Sept 11th attacks, it is that the attacks were primarily aimed at business and government buildings (it doesn't make the death toll any better, but makes it - almost - more understandable - only almost). The IRA bombed busy shopping centres on Saturday afternoons (Manchester for one), bandstands as old people sat and watched the band play, pubs full of innocent evening drinkers....

What MUST happen now is the end of ALL terrorism.... that means Irish Americans (36 times removed) MUST STOP funding Noraid.... after all, just how would Americans feel if the Bristish people started collections for the Taliban in OUR major cities?

Food for thought.... and thanks for the reply - it's so nice (and rare) to witness intelligence on this board nowadays....

> Thanks.

> terrorism is terrorism,

> I agree with you completely.

> Well, up until the WTC attacks, we WERE relatively unaffected by
> terrorism (geographically-speaking).

> Unfortunately, it takes violence and war to wake the general
> population up to world events (as long as the US is involved,
> anyway); I've been guilty of that, myself.

> I can get into a tangent about our education system and the
> media, but that would exhaust me and take too long.

> I never meant to imply that it IS; I simply meant that Americans
> will obviously take this loss more personally than they would,
> losses in any other part of the world because it's on their
> turf. The same can be said of any other country.

> But I guess, given America's prominence in the world
> (particularly in the media, etc) its loss (or more, the
> significance of its loss) will seem more magnified.

> And come on; you can't tell me that seeing the Twin Towers
> collapse for the first time, didn't stir your emotions, American
> citizen or not. I think the same kind of significance and
> outpouring of sympathy would have been present, had bin Laden's
> thugs brought down the Parthenon or even the Eiffel Tower (but,
> of course, they would not have contained 5,000+ people - I was
> mostly going by the visual spectacle of it).

> I dunno...did any of this even make sense? I tend to lose my
> train of thought a lot.

Re: Lifeguard....

The horrific acts you described are appalling, and I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that the WTC attacks were more devestating than any other terrorist act; tht wasn't my intention at all.

> What MUST happen now is the end of ALL terrorism.... that means
> Irish Americans (36 times removed) MUST STOP funding Noraid....
> after all, just how would Americans feel if the Bristish people
> started collections for the Taliban in OUR major cities?

Hey, you're preaching to the converted.

> Food for thought.... and thanks for the reply - it's so nice
> (and rare) to witness intelligence on this board nowadays....

You've said it! (and thanks).

Back
Top Bottom