Would you go to a Morrissey concert in Iran?

This thread is not about would Morrissey play in Iran or anything else other than, would you go to see Morrissey Perform in Iran?

I would do everything in my power to attend that night.

Only if I wanted to be hacked to death for being and American.. I think I'll pass on that show.

I'm a man..so I don't really have to worry about how I dress...

So Of course I Would!

Just better not stand to close to any other men....

Don't want the cops to get the wrong idea...

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course..

Just try telling that to the Ayatollah

Not "no" but "HELL NO!"

I'd have to find a man to pose as my husband, brother, uncle, or somebody so I could actually leave the airport.

i wouldnt be allowed, being a mere woman and all.
besides id probably get stoned to death for not weaing a headscarf, so i wouldn't make it anyway. :rolleyes:

I cannot imagine that they are seriously contemplating this... the Islamic regimes in the Middle East are some of the worst violators of human rights currently on the planet. Even Saudi Arabia. There is no way to express how vile their treatment of women is. If Morrissey does this, even as a way of flicking the bird at the US, I don't know if I will be able to support him further. It's not ok to club seals, but it's ok to club women?

It's a joke, right? Please tell me he was just running his mouth. Please.

i would do ANYTHING to go, just to take a look at the crowd, but i dont know anyone that would come with me.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine that they are seriously contemplating this... the Islamic regimes in the Middle East are some of the worst violators of human rights currently on the planet. Even Saudi Arabia. There is no way to express how vile their treatment of women is. If Morrissey does this, even as a way of flicking the bird at the US, I don't know if I will be able to support him further. It's not ok to club seals, but it's ok to club women?

It seemed to be an obvious joke but then if you read the article, who knows?

Thanks to Snapyou for posting this link.

I would not travel to Iran, but if I was there already, definitely.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope it's a joke. Would I travel to Iran, not a snowballs chance in hell!!
Think this is a wind up somewhat on his part. Remember all the hoo ha recently about him doing Eurovision?
Methinks the man is having a little joke....God, I hope so.

I would not go to Iran to piss in the face of my worst enemy - It is a vile and discusting regime which I would not support with mt hard earned cash.

Morrisy won't play there, this is all bollox, I'm sure. If he does I'll be pissed off about it and will not support him there. But I'll give 10 to 1 that he doesn't intend to play there. Someone is just flapping their jaw.

What would the set list be for this gig? I can only imagine the discussions on that one between the band and the government...

Hmm. Could this be the first non-Julia gig in a long, long time?

I would go just to see Julia in a hijab!

Hmm. Could this be the first non-Julia gig in a long, long time?

HA! She'll be there in a chador.

But this talk about no women being allowed is confusing. Women are allowed in public it seems.

edit: You have to decide if this is a joke or not.

Mr Merck Mercuriadis, tells Pandora that Morrissey is "currently reviewing offers we've had - one of them is from Iran".

He added: "We're talking to the Foreign Office about travel guidelines." "I'm not aware of any censorship or anything like that but we're still at an early stage in planning. I'll let you know when it's confirmed."

If the royal family of Bahrain is willing to host Michael Jackson, who can say that some wealthy Iranian isn't a Morrissey fan?

Last edited by a moderator:
HA! She'll be there in a chador.

But this talk about no women being allowed is confusing. Women are allowed in public it seems.

edit: You have to decide if this is a joke or not.

Mr Merck Mercuriadis, tells Pandora that Morrissey is "currently reviewing offers we've had - one of them is from Iran".

He added: "We're talking to the Foreign Office about travel guidelines." "I'm not aware of any censorship or anything like that but we're still at an early stage in planning. I'll let you know when it's confirmed."

If the royal family of Bahrain is willing to host Michael Jackson, who can say that some wealthy Iranian isn't a Morrissey fan?

haha I'm just laughing that there is a website called modestclothesdotcom...i think the idea of doing a show in Iran is entertaining but unrealistic, i can't imagine it would be fun

steve played in a venue, about two miles away from where i used to live, last year, and i didn't bother my arse, so no, i don't think i'd go to iran

Back
Top Bottom