Worst Music Video Ever?

The "You Have Killed Me" video is kind of pants, with the annoying bloke at the begining and the audiance of people that are barely interested in him singing, and the pathetic clapping at the end - for goodness sake its Morrissey!!

"November" really put me off Moz for awhile, 'cause the video was kind of bizarre/embarassing, and I didn't like the song itself very much. Since hearing the song performed live several times, I've grown to love it -- it's really quite beautiful both musically and lyrically. I still haven't tested my Moz loyalty by giving the video another try though. :) The severe haircut and diaphonous blouse look just didn't do him any favours IMO.

The "Ouija" video is a bit cheesy (okay, a lot cheesy) but Moz looks quite adorable in it.

"Girlfriend In a Coma" is not The Smiths' finest moment on video. My personal fave is "Stop Me" which is extremely charming.

The worst video by far is Derek Jarman's "Ask". Hideously literal-- I get queasy watching it, like seeing a spastic child singer act out the lyrics to a Doris Day song with loopy hand and arm gestures. I think "Ask" is far more offensive than Sire's "How Soon Is Now?".

On the other hand, I think Jarman's video for "There Is A Light" is as good as it gets for music videos that attempt something "high-artsy" (for lack of a better word).

Tim Broad was the best director for Morrissey. "Girlfriend In A Coma", "Stop Me", and "Suedehead" are perfect. He understood that Morrissey conceived of his videos as tongue-in-cheek affairs, so the tone was usually spot on. Sad that he is no longer with us.

Last edited:
I love all of Morrissey's videos. I just like watching him in general, so i dont really care how good or bad the videos are.
I think the whole idea of YHKM is really good, but like people have said; if it was done propely it would have been so much better!
umm November Spawned a monster... well it is kind of weird. Although, it i kind of funky and camp (in a good way ha!)
I dont really like 'sing your life' video too much. I dont really like the way Moz looks in that video. :(

Where can I get a hold of the "Our Frank" and "Seasick..." videos?

Most of them are terrible or at the very least boring
The great ones are Suedehead Boxers and Tomorrow

the really wretched are Intersting Drug, OB OB and November

Sorry, DAnn. :o

It's ok, I just happen to really like that video.... A LOT! :)

PS: Ouija Board is the very worst Morrissey video, that "fat hog" in the video should be shot......actually everyone in that video (except for Morrissey) deserves to get a bullet right through their forehead......

Worst? hmm..there's a few bad ones. I have to say I love November - it's hilarious! Wet myself laughing when I first saw it. And, besides, I could watch Morrissey hump rocks for, oh, hours.
I really don't like the video for Irish Blood, English Heart - terrible! Moz looks kinda old and stuffy in the white suit and...I don't know. It's just bland. Too bland for such a rocking song.

Love the clip for Tomorrow. That opening shot of him walking around the corner, looking into the camera. Jesus. HOT.

I'd have to say I Have Forgiven Jesus. I just don't think it captures the emotion of the song like it could. Plus, dressing up as a priest just seemed like the easy option.

And THAT woman in Interesting Drug? What is she on!?

Back
Top Bottom