"World Peace Is None of Your Business" Reviews

Oh, I apologize for reading you the wrong way, then. I should've been clearer (I forget a lot of people haven't actually heard the leak).

Anyway, I suppose the reason sites like RYM allow users to rank albums prior to release dates is because they allow different variants to be uploaded (including advance releases of albums), which would mean it's technically possible these people have the advance/promo copy of the album.

Discogs is similar in that you can upload releases with future release dates as long as you have them in your possession prior to street release dates.

I don't love the spanish guitar thing, but I love the album. That voice! I liked three songs in the first listen and most of them in the second. Thank you for this and I'm very proud of you, Moz!

...I'll buy it. :o

Is she serious?

@JenKirkman: Nobody tweet me anymore about Morrissey's new album. It completely sucks and we know it. I've heard it. It's awful. I've moved on.

Standard 12 track CD review...

I'm really sorry guys but upon first listen I am very sorry to say...... I love it! I listened to it facing my big speakers in a chair with eyes closed (couldn't be bothered running the bath and can't find my drugs) with a small glass of wine, too early in the day? Maybe, but it's a celebration bitches!

Apart from a few clumsy lines here and there I really don't see what's not to like. The latin sound is beautiful and really suits Morrissey's voice. Not that we haven't heard it before on "When I last spoke to Carol" and way back in "Little Man, What Now?"

Musically and vocally it is bloody gorgeous. The guitars are beautiful, the bass is swinging like a pair of church bells, the drums are in my gut, the voice is as powerful if not more powerful than ever and the production is f***ing sex! If only Joe had produced Ringleader, what a shame...

Songs that hit me straight away -

Neal Cassady Drops Dead: Love the guttural guitar almost sounding like a drum and a nice melody too.

Kick The Bride Down The Aisle: Love the sweeping sound of this song and Kristeen Young's vocals are hauntingly beautiful. I do miss Alain's backing vocals but KY's voice really works well with Mozzer's.

Mountjoy: I could listen to this song all day long. I haven't heard acoustic guitar on a Morrissey song like that since the 1990s. Beautiful melody.

Other songs lurking round the corner are -

Oboe Concerto, Staircase At The University, Kiss Me A Lot.

Songs yet to discover that I may very well not be noticing yet - I'm Not A Man

I still really like the title track and to hear it blaring out of my stereo rather than my computer made me love it even more. Istanbul is still my absolute favourite song on the album. It just has all the things I love about Morrissey songs in it and it kicks! The rest of them I'm sure will grow on me as I have only heard it once so far and i still have till next week to pick up a deluxe version to hear the 6 bonus tracks.

Again it's only based on one listen but like some girls I have met I suspect this album has a lot of love left to give.

Last edited:
Is it just me or do parts of I'm Not A Man sound very similar to The Public Image? have a listen and let me know what you think.

Listen to - (The Public Image) But just be careful when you walk on those old broken stones...

then listen to (I'm Not A Man) Well if this is what it takes to describe...

I'm really sorry guys but upon first listen I am very sorry to say...... I love it! I listened to it facing my big speakers in a chair with eyes closed (couldn't be bothered running the bath and can't find my drugs) with a small glass of wine, too early in the day? Maybe, but it's a celebration bitches!

Apart from a few clumsy lines here and there I really don't see what's not to like. The latin sound is beautiful and really suits Morrissey's voice. Not that we haven't heard it before on "When I last spoke to Carol" and way back in "Little Man, What Now?"

Musically and vocally it is bloody gorgeous. The guitars are beautiful, the bass is swinging like a pair of church bells, the drums are in my gut, the voice is as powerful if not more powerful than ever and the production is f***ing sex! If only Joe had produced Ringleader, what a shame...

Neal Cassady Drops Dead: Love the guttural guitar almost sounding like a drum and a nice melody too.

Kick The Bride Down The Aisle: Love the sweeping sound of this song and Kristeen Young's vocals are hauntingly beautiful. I do miss Alain's backing vocals but KY's voice really works well with Mozzer's.

Mountjoy: I could listen to this song all day long. I haven't heard acoustic guitar on a Morrissey song like that since the 1990s. Beautiful melody.

I still really like the title track and to hear it blaring out of my stereo rather than my computer made me love it even more. Istanbul is still my absolute favourite song on the album. It just has all the things I love about Morrissey songs in it and it kicks! The rest of them I'm sure will grow on me as I have only heard it once so far and i still have till next week to pick up a deluxe version to hear the 6 bonus tracks.

Again it's only based on one listen but like some girls I have met I suspect this album has a lot of love left to give.

I'm glad you like it. The bonus tracks are amaze-balls. This is the most COMPLETE piece of work that Morrissey has delivered in decades. And I agree the production is so lush and clever. It is what I expected Ringleader to sound like but didn't quite manage. I can't stop playing this f***en album! At home, in the car, on my phone.

4.5 in the Scottish Sun. Tiny review but very positive with 'Kiss me a lot' and 'Oboe Concerto' getting a special mention.

Is it just me or do parts of I'm Not A Man sound very similar to The Public Image? have a listen and let me know what you think.

Listen to - (The Public Image) But just be careful when you walk on those old broken stones...

then listen to (I'm Not A Man) Well if this is what it takes to describe...

I can hear that, now that you've mentioned it.

This might have already been mentioned bit does the intro to 'Staircase' remind anyone else of the intro to 'Fatty'? Especially the drum rhythm.

Glad you like it. And the bonus tracks are just as good as the rest of the album to my ears.

A review for the german users of this forum:

http://bit.ly/bbmozbb

... womit wir beim ersten Kritik*punkt von World Peace… wären: Die Texte. Sie sind stellen*weise recht flach geraten, lassen Romance und Teenage Angst - zwei bestim*mende Themen der alten Tage - schmerz*lich vermissen, sind keine bissige Anklage gegen Gott und die Welt mehr. Statt*dessen scheint es, als habe Meister Morrissey sein Wörter*buch gezückt und dort ein paar billige Reime abgeschrieben: "Mad in Madrid, ill in Seville, lonely in Barce*lona. Then, someone tells you and you cheer… Hooray!, hooray!, The bullfighter dies! And nobody cries… Nobody cries, because we all want the bull to survive. Gaga in Málaga, no mercy in Murcia, mental in Valencia…" (aus The Bullfighter Dies). Oder auch Kiss Me Alot, der Song, der eben diese drei Worte mantra*haft bis zum Erbre*chen wiederholt...

more -> http://bit.ly/bbmozbb

4.5 in the Scottish Sun. Tiny review but very positive with 'Kiss me a lot' and 'Oboe Concerto' getting a special mention.

That made me laugh almost as hard & long as their front page story today. People Make Glasgow indeed :)

I'm really quite astounded at the great reviews this album is receiving. The title track is just godawful -- each time I try to listen to it, I turn it off within the first 60 seconds - it's so profoundly corny and silly. I'd be embarrassed to be caught listening to it.

The rest of the album is also largely uninspiring. Instanbul, however is an okay track - a decent tragedy, and Staircase is cute.

I find it very odd that these songs could evoke emotions other than boredom and/or/combined-with irritation. I find it bizarre. Yes, yes, relativity, subjectivity and all that non-sense -- but really, really? What the f***? What happened to the man that wrote songs like Break Up the Family, Late Night Maudlin Street, This Charming Man, My Love Life, etc etc.

As a bit of a disclaimer, I actually really like Years of Refusal. I think it's a great album to drive and scream along with at the top of my lungs -- it's damn good fun, and cathartic. I feel like there is humanness in Years of Refusal. World Peace's lyrics seem to me to be words strung together for the sake of it.

I heard somewhere that true art is that which you absolutely cannot imagine somebody else disliking. Well, I think this album is the complete obverse of that -- it's something of which I absolutely cannot imagine somebody else liking.

Tags
morrissey new album
Back
Top Bottom