"World Peace Is None of Your Business" Reviews

Re: additional reviews

I just googled these, anything to get away from printing a year's worth of accounts lol. They seem to have mastered the art of saying anything that people want to hear. You can have ours instead if you like. This idiot would do well with a move abroad...

Michael-Gove.jpg.pagespeed.ce.0Dv96BPT6T.jpg

I just googled these, anything to get away from printing a year's worth of accounts lol. They seem to have mastered the art of saying anything that people want to hear. You can have ours instead if you like. This idiot would do well with a move abroad...

Michael-Gove.jpg.pagespeed.ce.0Dv96BPT6T.jpg

If you need any more proof of why Australians are the worst people in the world, there's a snippet:

The horror being that all of those clips came from before he was voted in. So Australians saw all this and still voted them in. After a scare campaign was run on how the country was in danger of being overrun by Asylum seekers who are all criminals and looking to take our jobs. And wanting to stop the Carbon Tax. Which was actually a revolutionary tax on industries on the amount of Carbon they produced which would lead to an emissions trading scheme. But apparently climate change is "crap", and they ran a campaign convincing morons that people themselves were being taxed.

Let's not even scratch the surface of the absolute inhumane and illegal treatment of asylum seekers. Such as trying to hand back Sri Lankan asylum seekers to the Sri Lankan military, a modern day equivalent of handing Jews over to the Nazis.

Or the budget which was made up entirely of lies (ie - Before the election - "No cuts to Education, not cuts to health, no cuts to the ABC"). And after the election - biggest cuts to education and health in our history. Trying to sell off the ABC because it won't support the government like Murdoch run news. But it does mean we can afford some brand new fighter jets. Beginnings of trying to abolish medicare. And destroying the biggest infrastructure project in the country by aborting the previous government's plans to lay out a world class National Broadband Network and instead is laying down something which is vastly inferior because, in their words "the internet is simply an entertainment system".

So, yeah, !Viva Hate!, you just go right on dissing Australia because we sure as hell deserve it!

Hey I can make this post Morrissey related too, watch! - It's no wonder Morrissey avoids us like the plague and comes here once a decade.

Last edited by a moderator:

It all sounds vaguely familiar. Is your opposition's solution to this to become more like the party in power so they have a bigger chance of being voted in by the idiotic masses?

If you need any more proof of why Australians are the worst people in the world, there's a snippet:

The horror being that all of those clips came from before he was voted in. So Australians saw all this and still voted them in. After a scare campaign was run on how the country was in danger of being overrun by Asylum seekers who are all criminals and looking to take our jobs. And wanting to stop the Carbon Tax. Which was actually a revolutionary tax on industries on the amount of Carbon they produced which would lead to an emissions trading scheme. But apparently climate change is "crap", and they ran a campaign convincing morons that people themselves were being taxed.

Let's not even scratch the surface of the absolute inhumane and illegal treatment of asylum seekers. Such as trying to hand back Sri Lankan asylum seekers to the Sri Lankan military, a modern day equivalent of handing Jews over to the Nazis.

Or the budget which was made up entirely of lies (ie - Before the election - "No cuts to Education, not cuts to health, no cuts to the ABC"). And after the election - biggest cuts to education and health in our history. Trying to sell off the ABC because it won't support the government like Murdoch run news. But it does mean we can afford some brand new fighter jets. Beginnings of trying to abolish medicare. And destroying the biggest infrastructure project in the country by aborting the previous government's plans to lay out a world class National Broadband Network and instead is laying down something which is vastly inferior because, in their words "the internet is simply an entertainment system".

So, yeah, !Viva Hate!, you just go right on dissing Australia because we sure as hell deserve it!

Hey I can make this post Morrissey related too, watch! - It's no wonder Morrissey avoids us like the plague and comes here once a decade.

He wasn't dissing Australia. He was dissing me. Dick heads gain power in all countries. Hardly a reason to label them the worst people in the world. A little over the top, no? I agree he's a f***ing grade A moron and I didn't vote for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

It all sounds vaguely familiar. Is your opposition's solution to this to become more like the party in power so they have a bigger chance of being voted in by the idiotic masses?

Not really. While they are certainly more right wing than they want to appear to be. Their solution is more along the lines of "We absolutely 100% oppose everything the government is doing, it is disgusting, it is deplorable, it is inhumane, and we are going to huff and puff and then ultimately do nothing".

Basically, we had an amazing leader last year in Julia Gillard. Huge work ethic, fantastic principles, passed more progressive policies in a minority government than any leader in our history. But Murdoch hated her and so we were forced to focus on the fact that she had an annoying voice, and she was a damn red headed woman, and her fashion was wrong. And thus, Australia wanted her gone. So now all that is left in charge of her party, now in opposition, are your general run of the mill spineless twats. But, they would still be hugely the lesser of two evils right now.

He wasn't dissing Australia. He was dissing me. Dick heads gain power in all countries. Hardly a reason to label them the worst people in the world. A little over the top, no? I agree he's a f***ing grade A moron and I didn't vote for him.

Either did I, but the majority of us did, so...based on that I got every right to diss Australia because we deserve it. Generally I would classify people who try to give asylum seekers back to a military who will only torture and kill them, pretty damn high on the "worst people in the world" list. So Viva's Mad Max is probably letting us off a bit lightly.

But anyways, that's my ranting and derailing done for a bit. I hear that Morrissey chap released a new album.

Either did I, but the majority of us did, so...based on that I got every right to diss Australia because we deserve it. Generally I would classify people who try to give asylum seekers back to a military who will only torture and kill them, pretty damn high on the "worst people in the world" list. So Viva's Mad Max is probably letting us off a bit lightly.

His comment wasn't based on any knowledge anyway. You've probably enlightened him more than he was expecting. I love Mad Max and I won't have either Tony Abbot or VH sully it's name.

New moz album, yeah...

Last edited:
mas revisiones (more reviews)

by Barry Divola - The Sydney Morning Herald - 1.5 stars
Some rock into greyness, some should just f-f-f-fade away
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-should-just-ffffade-away-20140703-zsusp.html

by Barry Walters - Spin - 7 out of 10
Moz Gives Old Age the Finger on 'World Peace Is None of Your Business'
http://www.spin.com/reviews/morrissey-world-peace-is-none-of-your-business/

by Kenneth Partridge - Billboard - 77 out of 100
http://www.billboard.com/articles/r...s-none-of-your-business-track-by-track-review

by Chris Gerard - Metro Weekly
Morrissey unleashes ambitious new album “World Peace is None of Your Business”
http://www.metroweekly.com/2014/07/...w-album-world-peace-is-none-of-your-business/

by Patrick Flanary - Glide Magazine - 9 out of 10
http://www.glidemagazine.com/121221/morrissey-world-peace-none-business-album-review/

by Benji Taylor - Clash - 6 out of 10
http://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/morrissey-world-peace-is-none-of-your-business

by Rebecca Tucker - National Post
Morrissey will never grow up — and that’s just fine
http://arts.nationalpost.com/2014/07/16/morrissey-will-never-grow-up-and-thats-just-fine/

by Jeff Klingman - The L Magazine
It’s Been a Very Bad Year: Morrissey
http://www.thelmagazine.com/newyork/its-been-a-very-bad-year-morrissey/Content?oid=2354365

I've listened the album 5x via the NPR link (awaiting my CD from Amazon) and can't help but think this is Moz's jazz album. Weird song structures, strange instruments and a song about beat poet Neil Cassady? The writing is on the CD. Is there life after Alain Whyte? Yes, but....it's certainly the strangest Moz album in his canon and I find it lacking in so many ways.

First of all the lyrics. There's a lot of bad poetry here. From Neil Cassady ("Allen Ginberg's tears shampoo his beard" & "Babies full of rabies") to Earth ("But you're in the wrong skin and the skin that you're in says, Oh, let it begin") are so petty and very un-Moz-like. Where is the perception into a life lived alone and the foreboding wit and laughter about such a life? Oboe Concerto breaks the camel's back, "Round, rhythm goes round" which has to the weakest and most absurd lyric I've heard in ages. Really, Moz, is this the best you can do? Where is the art in your words?

My second gripe is the song structures. Why is World a ballad? For a song down-crying and lambasting world governments, you would think that a pounding and pulsing song structure such as Mama Lay Softly or Maladjusted would be in order. And why is Earth is the Loneliest an uptempo, flamenco number? When I heard the song title, I thought, "pure genius!" and then I heard the song (and lyrics) and it only went downhill from there. This should be a ballad like You were Good or I know it's gonna and should be accompanied by Boz on acoustic guitar but no, it gets the Spanish mariachi treatment. Absurd.

Another gripe is the lack of melodies and ringing choruses. There's not a whole lot on here I can sing to. It's no secret that Alain Whyte was instrumental in providing harmony and had a keen ear for melody so I'm not surprised that his absence leads to an absence of melody and harmony. Will I be singing Smiler with a Knife (by far the worst song on the album) or Istanbul in 5 years time? A deadening No is my reply. Kiss me a lot has potential but is ruined by poor lyrics (a follow-up to the superior Let Me Kiss You years later? Moz isn't good at getting what he wants as he's best when he's longing). Ditto for Staircase who's subject matter and lyrics are so beyond the pale, they have colour.

And lastly, the album never quite gets off the ground. I think the song I'm Not a Man could've been so much better had they chopped on the dull intro and had Moz really reached for a peak vocally and melodically like he did on It's not your birthday or Irish Blood but it nurses itself back to sleep all too soon. Poor production can only be the culprit. Istanbul suffers the same fate, intriguing verses but the chorus doesn't rise or swerve enough to make it memorable. Kick the Bride, though lyrically quite interesting, plods along going nowhere fast.

That said, I quite like Bullfighter (here the Spanish rhythm & guitar suit/soothe), Mountjoy & Staircase (sans the subject matter). And other songs like I'm not a Man, Kiss me a lot and World Peace have potential but are ruined by either poor lyrics or song structure.

Should World Peace (the album) be lumped in the murky depths of Kill Uncle & Southpaw? Not quite as retched, but it's a long way from the soaring Moz heights of Your Arsenal, You are the Quarry and Years of Refusal.

2.5/5 stars

I've listened the album 5x via the NPR link (awaiting my CD from Amazon) and can't help but think this is Moz's jazz album. Weird song structures, strange instruments and a song about beat poet Neil Cassady? The writing is on the CD. Is there life after Alain Whyte? Yes, but....it's certainly the strangest Moz album in his canon and I find it lacking in so many ways.

First of all the lyrics. There's a lot of bad poetry here. From Neil Cassady ("Allen Ginberg's tears shampoo his beard" & "Babies full of rabies") to Earth ("But you're in the wrong skin and the skin that you're in says, Oh, let it begin") are so petty and very un-Moz-like. Where is the perception into a life lived alone and the foreboding wit and laughter about such a life? Oboe Concerto breaks the camel's back, "Round, rhythm goes round" which has to the weakest and most absurd lyric I've heard in ages. Really, Moz, is this the best you can do? Where is the art in your words?

My second gripe is the song structures. Why is World a ballad? For a song down-crying and lambasting world governments, you would think that a pounding and pulsing song structure such as Mama Lay Softly or Maladjusted would be in order. And why is Earth is the Loneliest an uptempo, flamenco number? When I heard the song title, I thought, "pure genius!" and then I heard the song (and lyrics) and it only went downhill from there. This should be a ballad like You were Good or I know it's gonna and should be accompanied by Boz on acoustic guitar but no, it gets the Spanish mariachi treatment. Absurd.

Another gripe is the lack of melodies and ringing choruses. There's not a whole lot on here I can sing to. It's no secret that Alain Whyte was instrumental in providing harmony and had a keen ear for melody so I'm not surprised that his absence leads to an absence of melody and harmony. Will I be singing Smiler with a Knife (by far the worst song on the album) or Istanbul in 5 years time? A deadening No is my reply. Kiss me a lot has potential but is ruined by poor lyrics (a follow-up to the superior Let Me Kiss You years later? Moz isn't good at getting what he wants as he's best when he's longing). Ditto for Staircase who's subject matter and lyrics are so beyond the pale, they have colour.

And lastly, the album never quite gets off the ground. I think the song I'm Not a Man could've been so much better had they chopped on the dull intro and had Moz really reached for a peak vocally and melodically like he did on It's not your birthday or Irish Blood but it nurses itself back to sleep all too soon. Poor production can only be the culprit. Istanbul suffers the same fate, intriguing verses but the chorus doesn't rise or swerve enough to make it memorable. Kick the Bride, though lyrically quite interesting, plods along going nowhere fast.

That said, I quite like Bullfighter (here the Spanish rhythm & guitar suit/soothe), Mountjoy & Staircase (sans the subject matter). And other songs like I'm not a Man, Kiss me a lot and World Peace have potential but are ruined by either poor lyrics or song structure.

Should World Peace (the album) be lumped in the murky depths of Kill Uncle & Southpaw? Not quite as retched, but it's a long way from the soaring Moz heights of Your Arsenal, You are the Quarry and Years of Refusal.

2.5/5 stars

If you get onto amazon now I'm sure they will refund your money.

Vogue / Jacob Brown
http://www.vogue.com/culture/articl...album-world-peace-is-none-of-your-business/#1

(Apologies if this has already been posted—I searched and didn't see it...)

This quote:

“All hardcore kids loved the Smiths—the terminally maudlin English pop group fronted by the fey complexities of Morrissey. The Smiths shared a fatalism with hardcore, a sense of theatrics and outsiderness that struck a chord with those usually allergic to quiet music or—gasp—melody. Morrissey’s monkish/macho asceticism was a match for hardcore’s uncompromising, dramatic worldview; if all resistance is physical, then all emotions should be maudlin. Emo was, in many ways, the perfect marriage between the Smiths and hardcore—a splash of Technicolor in a monochrome world.”

I get a chuckle, because in hardcore/punk (which is definitely how I discovered the Moz) while there are a ton of folks that love him, there’s an equal amount that despise him.

Tags
morrissey new album
Back
Top Bottom