Will there be any Kill Uncle songs?

Will any Kill Uncle Songs be played on the Greatest Hits tour?

• Total voters

bored

not bitter but bored
Simple Poll.

By the time the Greatest Hits tour has ended, will any Kill Uncle songs have been played?

I don't think there will be any.

I know he revived TLOTFIP and I think there will be others.. but his comment back in 04 about "if you want to hear kill uncle songs you'll have to play them at home" or something like that and the lack of him playing any since the kill uncle tour seems to have them doomed.

I've Changed My Plea came out after Kill Uncle but was written before it as it was played live on Ross in 1990.

I think that's the closest we will get to that era.

Maybe "My Love Life" then?:rolleyes:

I don't know about that one. The song isn't very dynamic live and it has such limited lyrics. Perhaps with Michael on keys they could spice it up a bit but I think it got play in 1991 because it was released as a single. I think Our Frank or Sing Your Life has a better chance of showing up.

Our Frank live was great. I would love to see Matt Walker inject an even greater level of energy into it but I feel its very much a pipe dream.

In fact, his refusal to play KU songs is almost like his refusal to play smiths songs in early solo tours. He is creating a desire.

I think if he does none this tour and brought out a song or two from KU on the next tour, people would lose their minds.

No chance in hell.

I don't know about that one. The song isn't very dynamic live and it has such limited lyrics. Perhaps with Michael on keys they could spice it up a bit but I think it got play in 1991 because it was released as a single. I think Our Frank or Sing Your Life has a better chance of showing up.

Our Frank live was great. I would love to see Matt Walker inject an even greater level of energy into it but I feel its very much a pipe dream.

In fact, his refusal to play KU songs is almost like his refusal to play smiths songs in early solo tours. He is creating a desire.

I think if he does none this tour and brought out a song or two from KU on the next tour, people would lose their minds.

If Michael got any power he would choose "There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends". Still I think that "My Love Life" has the best chances. I belive that Boz would enjoy that one. I'd like to make an comparison with "Lucky Lisp", it not flexible either and silly in it's own way.

If Michael got any power he would choose "There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends". Still I think that "My Love Life" has the best chances. I belive that Boz would enjoy that one. I'd like to make an comparison with "Lucky Lisp", it not flexible either and silly in it's own way.

Our Frank has a piano part...Which would sound great live...

But as I stated in the download forum, I think Morrissey has tried to distant himself from Kill Uncle over the years..and he considers it to be a step down due to the haphazzard production and what he may consider to be "weaker" songs...evident by the fact that he did not carry ANY songs over into the Arsenal Tour but kept Alsatian Cousin, Suedehad, Sister I'm A Poet, November Spawned A Monster, and The Loop as Regulars and Everyday Is Like Sunday part-time and even Interesting Drug and Last Of The Famous Interntational Playboys showed up a few times by the end of the tour...

And when Morrissey came back to the states for the end of the Kill Uncle Tour he had stopped playing "Sing Your Life" all together...

In 15+ years he has never played a song from that album again, and I don't think he ever will. So, I think Morrissey has made his opinion about Kill Uncle clear by not playing any of its songs live again...

Which is quite sad because Many like Mute Witness, Sing Your Life, Our Frank, And There Is A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends really ROCKED

Our Frank has a piano part...Which would sound great live...

But as I stated in the download forum, I think Morrissey has tried to distant himself from Kill Uncle over the years..and he considers it to be a step down due to the haphazzard production and what he may consider to be "weaker" songs...evident by the fact that he did not carry ANY songs over into the Arsenal Tour but kept Alsatian Cousin, Suedehad, Sister I'm A Poet, November Spawned A Monster, and The Loop as Regulars and Everyday Is Like Sunday part-time and even Interesting Drug and Last Of The Famous Interntational Playboys showed up a few times by the end of the tour...

And when Morrissey came back to the states for the end of the Kill Uncle Tour he had stopped playing "Sing Your Life" all together...

In 15+ years he has never played a song from that album again, and I don't think he ever will. So, I think Morrissey has made his opinion about Kill Uncle clear by not playing any of its songs live again...

Which is quite sad because Many like Mute Witness, Sing Your Life, Our Frank, And There Is A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends really ROCKED

You're, sadly, probably right. Still "The Loop" is in a way a Kill Uncle track allthough it was only played on two tours just as "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty". But then, we could always try to figure out why he ressurrected his The Smiths catalogue.

You're, sadly, probably right. Still "The Loop" is in a way a Kill Uncle track allthough it was only played on two tours just as "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty". But then, we could always try to figure out why he ressurrected his The Smiths catalogue.

Re:The songs carried over...November Spawned A Monster, Suedehead and Everyday is Like Sunday arguably the best Morrissey singles ever...and he knows it, which is why he continued playing them

Alsatian Cousin, The Loop, and Sister I'm A Poet were added at the middle of the Kill Uncle tour which is probably why he continued playing them...felt they didn't get played enough...

My thoughts

I always misspell Alsatian...what the hell is an Alsatian anyway?

Re:The songs carried over...November Spawned A Monster, Suedehead and Everyday is Like Sunday arguably the best Morrissey singles ever...and he knows it, which is why he continued playing them

Alsatian Cousin, The Loop, and Sister I'm A Poet were added at the middle of the Kill Uncle tour which is probably why he continued playing them...felt they didn't get played enough...

My thoughts

As far as I know, an Alsatian is a person from Alsace.

My thoughts

An alsatian is a breed of dog. It's also known as a German Shepherd.;)

"Sister I'm A Poet" is a truly wonderful song. It could - and should - have been released as a single in it's own right. Morrissey's voice on it is breathtaking.

Yes he probably think it's his best songs plus the songs we want to hear and everybody knows. They were long the ground on which he carried on in his sets, possibly even his career.

As far as I know, an Alsatian is a person from Alsace.

which is where? Do you think it has any significance to the song? Or just something Morrissey chose at random...

Think...cause obviously nobody KNOWS why Morrissey does what he does but Morrissey

which is where? Do you think it has any significance to the song? Or just something Morrissey chose at random...

Think...cause obviously nobody KNOWS why Morrissey does what he does but Morrissey

Well, Alsace do have quite a unique history don't you say? The the dog version is perhaps more realistic allthough this one ain't so bad either. He did use "buck-toothed girl from Luxemburg" in a song so quite much is possible.

Well, Alsace do have quite a unique history don't you say? The the dog version is perhaps more realistic allthough this one ain't so bad either. He did use "buck-toothed girl from Luxemburg" in a song so quite much is possible.

Anyone know if there was an a major Office-Romance scandal that occured there before or around the time Viva Hate was recorded? Or perhaps one that occured that Morrissey would have been aware of?

I know...I read too much into the music

Anyone know if there was an a major Office-Romance scandal that occured there before or around the time Viva Hate was recorded? Or perhaps one that occured that Morrissey would have been aware of?

I know...I read too much into the music

It could be the alienation of alsatians. Alsace has long been disputed area between Germany and France and it played an important role in both the world wars. Despite which site it belonged to teh alsatians was alianated by the other populatian and seen as spies of the French/Germans.

It could be the alienation of alsatians. Alsace has long been disputed area between Germany and France and it played an important role in both the world wars. Despite which site it belonged to teh alsatians was alianated by the other populatian and seen as spies of the French/Germans.

Oh...Alasace-Lorriane....some of my ancestors are from there...

And while we're on the subject of dissecting songs...What exacly got stuck in "Daddy's" throat?

Has Morrissey ever commented on that one?

Oh...Alasace-Lorriane....some of my ancestors are from there...

And while we're on the subject of dissecting songs...What exacly got stuck in "Daddy's" throat?

Has Morrissey ever commented on that one?

Well, on the YATQ tour he made the allteration "someone got stuck in his throat". That's all I know.

I would really love to hear songs from Kill Uncle. It's one of my favorite Moz albums actually. I mean Mute Witness is fricken awesome along with Sing Your Life, Place In Hell, Our Frank. I don't understand why Moz doesn't like this album. Its sad to think we may never hear these songs live again but I guess "Thats just the way it goes"

I hate to plug....but

If you haven't seen the Kill Uncle-Live post in Downloads/Bootlegs....It shows that it was the production, not the songs that were bad...

Yeah, I did put it together...but it is damn good

Back
Top Bottom