Why were 698 users online exactly one year ago today?

This was just before I joined SoLow. Can somebody explain why? There wasn't a show that night, and the most recent record release was "In the Future When All's Well," not what I would consider to be a hot topic two months later.

I can't tell you how many times I've wondered that same thing. Let's ask Moz. Moz? Why? Do you know?

Those were my lurking days.... maybe I counted...?

Perhaps it is not registered users but lurkers?

Those were my lurking days.... maybe I counted...?

Perhaps it is not registered users but lurkers?

Dude... Buzzetta... you're not Moz. I asked MOZ. I'm going to sit here and wait until he shows up to tell us.

Well, not really. I'm babysitting an upload and I'm killing time. Moz probably isn't going to pop in and tell us why, anyway. Probably.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that lurkers count. Maybe it was a denial-of-service attack. Hmmm....

I cannot see there being 698 registered and active users logging on in one instance....

So lurkers must count.

This was just before I joined SoLow. Can somebody explain why? There wasn't a show that night, and the most recent record release was "In the Future When All's Well," not what I would consider to be a hot topic two months later.

That's something I have always wondered, and always wanted to ask. But I was way too embarrassed and paranoid that everyone would point at me, and think I were dumb, because that was the day the new Morrissey electric toothbrush or something was unveiled, and I missed it or something. So, good on you. But yeah...I have no f***ing clue.:confused:

I would guess some popular blog/forum had one of this forum's topics hyperlinked. Either that or the vBulletin counter wasn't working, and kept counting registered users and guests as "logged on" long after they left.

Extra stuff: I just looked on the main page archive, and 30 or 31 October was when the final dates of British and Latin American tours were confirmed. Hoonose.

TTY press release on main page

Last edited:
Maybe everyone was dressed up with nowhere to go...

as a rule, it was busier than it is now on the forum, I think that had something to do with it. I remember that night, sort of, I think I was drunk...

November 1, 2006 at 12:19 AM.

Why were so many people on the forum then? There was over 600! I can't remember why it was.

Love PTxx.

really, there were not that many people. this question was asked at another forum with a lot less people than this one has, so we were able to figure it out.

At least at that site, people were being counted repeatedly went to a different forum.

So if the same thing happens or happened here, if you went from Off-Topic to General Discussion, for example, you were counted twice. I believe that if you reloaded you were counted again. Probably one of those 15 minute delay things was involved too. So each person was counted for each forum they visited within a certain time until the system refreshed.

MAybe...

Back
Top Bottom