Why Morrissey is not popular in Japan?

4c53efb1cf7d660f44faa15513ce68ec.jpg

Morrissey, Tokyo, Japan - May, 1991

Actually, it's not taken in Tokyo, possibly Osaka or Nagoya.
He played in Budohkan in Tokyo in September 1991.
Due to the damages in Fukuoka, Nagoya and Osaka, the promotor put the barriers both isles.
The audience were only allowed to stand up in limited space.
Miraculously only one guy managed to get on the stage.

Last edited:
Yes it surprising when you think how popular he is in Taiwan.
How do you know he's popular in Taiwan? I'm genuinely curious. I lived in Taiwan for four years and I didn't meet a single local who liked Morrissey, whereas I've met one or two Japanese fans. Every time I browsed the Western record shops in Taiwan, the Morrissey/Smiths sections were tiny (if such they were represented at all). The only time I heard Morrissey in public (not in my headphones) was at a rock nightclub when a German guy practically begged the DJ to put on a Smiths song.

How do you know he's popular in Taiwan? I'm genuinely curious. I lived in Taiwan for four years and I didn't meet a single local who liked Morrissey, whereas I've met one or two Japanese fans. Every time I browsed the Western record shops in Taiwan, the Morrissey/Smiths sections were tiny (if such they were represented at all). The only time I heard Morrissey in public (not in my headphones) was at a rock nightclub when a German guy practically begged the DJ to put on a Smiths song.

Interesting and good post.

Back
Top Bottom