why does papa jack get so much stick?

Drew a swallow

deep and blue
beautiful acoustic intro. lovely vocal melody. is it the mock rock outro that people hate?

can't help ya! I think it's actually an ok song. the harmonies at the end are a nice touch too. there's no acccounting for taste, eh?

when i first heard maladjusted it was my favourite song. its still beautiful to me.

Papa Jack is ace.:)

I also don't understand why some people hate 'Papa Jack' so much.
Very sad that Morrissey removed it from remastered Maladjusted. :(

I really don't like that track. Why? It's just not for me is all I can say.
But, I like Roy's Keen, so what do I know? :D

Also, it's criminal that both were removed from the deluxe Maladjusted.

Probably because it's not that good compared to most Morrissey songs. No real hook, I suppose. Words are among his most plain and least gripping. Music is very, very tired. I suppose though, it's more a lack of reasons to love it than reasons to dislike it: it doesn't really have any of those grab-you-by-the-heart moments that make Morrissey songs so memorable.

I think the intro is a masterpiece from alain. Mozz also gives it a lovely vocal melody. This is one I've never agreed with as far as the masses go.

beautiful acoustic intro. lovely vocal melody. is it the mock rock outro that people hate?

Unfourtunely Morrissey does not think like you. Therefore he cutted it from Maladjusted 2009 version. I also love this song and it was one of first Mala's songs I've heard when I got my copy of Mala.

Cos it's crap. Some of Morrissey's worst lyrics as well.

It's crap? Are you kidding, aren't? I agree that's not one of most inspired lyrics but say it's crap is madness.

Roy's keen is crap and not Papa Jack - this man wanted just reach out to the kids.

It was removed from the remastered edition? Huh.

That's the most awesome thing I've heard all day, I'm so not losing.

I don't understand it either.
I like it.:)

Roy's Keen,Dagenham Dave,Tony The Pony?
:confused:

I don't like it. Boring music, uninspired lyrics - it's quite embarrassing. By far the worst track on Maladjusted imo. :sick:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the lyrics...

Papa Jack
Wants to turn
Back the clock
And reach out
To the kids
He once had
Who have flown

Papa Jack
In decline
Feels inclined
To reach out
To the kids