Why didn't M work with Damon Albarn

Sandy_Jay_1111 ☯️

Indigo_Starseed 🔮
Any idea why M turned down being on the new Gorillaz album?
Damon is way cooler than bubble gum "artists"
(not seen any 👿 symbolism with his vids etc) 🤔
(shame they both couldn't hold onto their British record labels both now Amerikan) =(

Last edited:
"I've had some hilarious emails from Morrissey as you would imagine. But I don't think he's a collaborator. And this was before his stupidness. Just for the record."
DA - Times, 2020

Referring to:
(culled from a video interview).

See also:
Post in thread 'Damon Albarn on Morrissey's potential Gorillaz collaboration'
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...gorillaz-collaboration.147154/post-1987331399

Regards,
FWD.

There's only room for one Damon in Morrissey's life, and it sure isn't Mr Albarn.

Moz doesn’t guest on other peoples stuff!

"I've had some hilarious emails from Morrissey as you would imagine. But I don't think he's a collaborator. And this was before his stupidness. Just for the record."
DA - Times, 2020

Referring to:

See also:
Post in thread 'Damon Albarn on Morrissey's potential Gorillaz collaboration' https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...gorillaz-collaboration.147154/post-1987331399

Regards,
FWD.
Oh wow understood 😳

DA - Times, 2020

Referring to:

See also:
Post in thread 'Damon Albarn on Morrissey's potential Gorillaz collaboration' https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...gorillaz-collaboration.147154/post-1987331399

Regards,
FWD.
This night has opened my eyes.

DA - Times, 2020

Referring to:

See also:
Post in thread 'Damon Albarn on Morrissey's potential Gorillaz collaboration'
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...gorillaz-collaboration.147154/post-1987331399

Regards,
FWD.
Moz doesn’t guest on

There's only room for one Damon in Morrissey's life, and it sure isn't Mr Albarn.
Flipping ink harsh but then again after perusing the "bonfire album " details 😃 :lbf:

Last edited:
party in the usa GIF by Miley Cyrus

We lost our boy 😭😭😭 to United Snakes...😏

Damon Albarn has released some of the greatest albums of the past ten years.

If he would collaborate with Moz, the end result would most likely be splendid.

I just love that track, Royal Morning Blue!

Well gorillaz make absolute garbage music so that could be it. Believe me I tried listening to all of their albums too and I found nothing remotely listenable. I wanted to like them because of their animation.

I'm not a fan of Damon but my friend said "Damon is the closest thing England has come to a new Bowie in terms of music" At the time I didn't see it. I do now though
Damon is quite a genius with music and he did play the media in an epic way. in the 90s. As did bowie in the 70s. He also tries lots of different music and is really quite clever.
He is way more like Bowie than Brett, who is really nothing like Bowie.
Actually, the other thing the friend said was "Suede are just a modern-day Duran Duran, but rather than having Roxy as their hero they had smiths".LOL
Didn't M say, something like "its better to paddle your own canoe" when asked why he didn't team up with Damon ?

Well gorillaz make absolute garbage music so that could be it. Believe me I tried listening to all of their albums too and I found nothing remotely listenable. I wanted to like them because of their animation.
That's not true, some of their stuff is really quite good. The songs he did with Mark E Smith and Petter Hook are brilliant.
It's a shame M doesn't make songs with Noel and Damon, both who have offered, they understand him and would write tunes way better than Red Hot Chilli Peppers and f***ing Green Day members. They are fans and would really give it their best shot
The trouble with M is , he has one or two people he can be around and he becomes trapped by them. So rather than stand his ground and work with good artists, he just gets stuck with the crap, his friends can bring him.
I think its such a shame, when I think of the kind of music M could have made in the last 20s years, compared to what he has.
Its really sad. I would be quite happy for someone to use M's vocals and remake some songs from the last 20 years

Tags
blur damon albarn gorillaz legends miley cyrus music industy
Back
Top Bottom