Who will win the World Cup ?

Who will win the World Cup ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lol. It took a second but I got it. :D

My pick:

10305965_10152483234501649_2382164022644920230_n.jpg

Ferk. Tiki ta-ta

These first few matches have been pretty decent. Controversy and goals. It's been very enjoyable so far, but England versus Italy should do for that.

Anyone who has the most Chels players in their team!

Why isn't Costa Rica in the poll?

^^^^^^

Polls allow for 15 choices. World Cup has 32 teams. Congratulations to Republic of Costa Rica for beating Uruguay (even though Forlan and Suarez did not play).

Last edited:
I'm picking Chile.

225px-Flag_of_Chile_svg.png

-I loved Uruguay's run in 2010, with Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez leading the way. I hope Brazil, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and the U.S. all falter. All of those teams are boring to me.

^^^^^

Justin, with the highest level of respect to you, Chile is in Group B. Group B is made up of Holland who kicked the s**t out of Spain, Spain (as noted), Chile, and Australia.

The Netherlands will win this group. Spain will come back and beat both Chile and Australia and finish second.

Chile will finish third as they already beat Australia.

And Australia will lose all its games and will finish last.

This full-court, or in this case, full-pitch press, Chile plays pushing everyone but the goalie forward is not going to work against Holland or Spain - and Chile will pay the price for playing this style when those other teams are on the break away and have world class strikers who can and will finish - making the most of their chances and scoring goals.

Mark it, dude. :)

- Ghoul

^^^^^

Justin, with the highest level of respect to you, Chile is in Group B. Group B is made up of Holland who kicked the s**t out of Spain, Spain (as noted), Chile, and Australia.

The Netherlands will win this group. Spain will come back and beat both Chile and Australia and finish second.

Chile will finish third as they already beat Australia.

And Australia will lose all its games and will finish last.

This full-court, or in this case, full-pitch press, Chile plays pushing everyone but the goalie forward is not going to work against Holland or Spain - and Chile will pay the price for playing this style when those other teams are on the break away and have world class strikers who can and will finish - making the most of their chances and scoring goals.

Mark it, dude. :)

- Ghoul

Great points, Belligerent Ghoul. I just have a strong feeling that Chile is going to beat, or at least tie, Spain. And I have an even stronger feeling they're going to shock Holland! I think playing close to home gives them a slight advantage, and I think their attacking style will flourish. My predictions...

Chile 1, Spain 1 (I'll pick a tie)

Chile 4, Holland 2 ( in an upset!)

-My prediction is Chile and Holland will advance to the Round of 16. Defending champion Spain, and always disappointing Australia, will be knocked out.

f*** sports. I hope nobody wins.

"Nobody Wins" by Elton John

-This song contains arguably some of the worst lyrics in recorded musical history. Here's a snippet of them....

"I used to hide beneath the sheets

I prayed that time would find a way

but with the passing of the years, I watched as laughter turned to tears"

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^

Not that anyone is too concerned about this, but I actually like "Nobody Wins" by Elton John. (Elton's my seventh favorite musical artist of all-time.) Anyway, the way he sings the above lyric, at the 1:13 point in the song, is just too much to bear. The way he emphasizes the word "tears" makes me laugh every time. Go Chile, or Belgium, or Costa Rica, or Switzerland, or anyone interesting in the World Cup!!

Back
Top Bottom