who is the most beautiful? (choose two!)

who is the most beautiful?

• a) bridget hall

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • b) christy turlington

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • c) lou de loogie

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • d) kate moss

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • e) snejana onopka

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • f) sandrine bonnaire

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
true beauty ? primordial beauty?

I thought I’d just post a fleeting glimpse …

of course ‘in the eye of the beholder’ and all that …

1697072927113.jpeg

thread closed.

Last edited:
I submit to you: lesbians. I'll bet Lou de Laâge has her share of lesbian admirers.
Lesbos have distorted perceptions too! It's not about sexuality, it's about priorities. If sexuality is the lens through which you judge people then there's always going to be distortion because beauty cares not for what you find subjectively sexually appealing

Lesbos have distorted perceptions too! It's not about sexuality, it's about priorities. If sexuality is the lens through which you judge people then there's always going to be distortion because beauty cares not for what you find subjectively sexually appealing

Sexuality isn't the sole lens or the only priority, but it's a factor. Humans are sexual. It's a part of our make-up. There may be a benefit to denying sexuality when it comes to religious or contemplative matters, but not when it comes to assessing beauty. If a person focuses too much on the sexual aspect, beauty becomes a base cartoon. But if you remove the sexuality factor completely, then you remove a dimension from beauty and it becomes cold and soulless. Maybe that's why you end up with these tall, spindly, anorexic creatures with dead alien eyes and pinched faces. I'm not going cut off my wiener in order to accept 2+2=5.

Sexuality isn't the sole lens or the only priority, but it's a factor. Humans are sexual. It's a part of our make-up. There may be a benefit to denying sexuality when it comes to religious or contemplative matters, but not when it comes to assessing beauty. If a person focuses too much on the sexual aspect, beauty becomes a base cartoon. But if you remove the sexuality factor completely, then you remove a dimension from beauty and it becomes cold and soulless. Maybe that's why you end up with these tall, spindly, anorexic creatures with dead alien eyes and pinched faces. I'm not going cut off my wiener in order to accept 2+2=5.

So according to your raisonnement, straight women or gay men cannot judge female beauty. That's obviously not true.

BTW, there's something wrong with the percentages in these polls @davidt.

5 votes out of 17 votes (total) does not equal 50% and the total cannot be 170% (it can only ever be 100%).
Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 14.22.58.png

So according to your raisonnement, straight women or gay men cannot judge female beauty. That's obviously not true.

No, I think they can judge female beauty. I'm not contending that sexual attractiveness is the sum of beauty. But it's a part of it, to varying degrees. nicky wire's legs has suggested that straight women judging female beauty will have a sexual component to their assessment, based on what they think men might like. That might be true, so the sexuality factor will not be nil there (nor will it be if homo- and hetero-sexuality are on a spectrum, and not binary).

nicky wire's legs has said, "beauty cares not for what you find subjectively sexually appealing." My objection is that any judgement of beauty, sexual or non-sexual, is still going to be subjective. Removing sexuality from questions of preference doesn't get you objectivity.

BTW, there's something wrong with the percentages in these polls @davidt.

5 votes out of 17 votes (total) does not equal 50% and the total cannot be 170% (it can only ever be 100%).
View attachment 95967

the choices were narrow. But I chose Moss and Lou. Lou because I thought she had an interesting profile in that one photo.

Then again, I find Nico in her later drug damaged period the most beautiful! Lol.

I'm slightly confused re Audrey's point :confused: (except that he likes Lou de Laage - that much is clear!):)

I agree with her on one thing, though:
Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 17.26.06.png

Last edited:
Well how would you describe a beautiful child
then? Naturally, from the perspective of a healthy individual the sexual aspect would not be there, so does that description of a child as beautiful become a cold and soulless judgment?

Judging someone, thing or experience as beautiful doesn’t always have a sexual factor to it, nor does one’s personal sexuality always come into play. Even in celibacy, people, things, experiences can be described as beautiful.

I would describe a beautiful child without the sexual dimension. I'm not sexually attracted to buildings, either, but I can also judge beauty in architecture. I think finding beauty in human adults is made more dynamic by the natural sexual aspect. It colors our judgment in a unique way that's simply absent when we behold children or churches (which doesn't render those judgements cold and soulless, since we're using different criteria than we'd use for women, like innocence or delightfulness in children, or the play of light and shadow or the use of space and color in a cathedral).

If someone wants to judge a human adult non-sexually, they can. We all go with our own (subjective) criteria. For me, the results appear strange and soulless when strictly non-sexual criteria are used.

I'm slightly confused re Audrey's point :confused: (except that he likes Lou de Laage - that much is clear!)

I apologize for the confusion. I realize I'm declaiming in a lordly, imperious manner on Lou de Laâge's beauty while also insisting that there is no objective truth. To clarify: ultimately, the latter trumps the former. Anything I say on how beautiful someone is should be taken as a subjective opinion.

I apologize for the confusion. I realize I'm declaiming in a lordly, imperious manner on Lou de Laâge's beauty while also insisting that there is no objective truth. To clarify: ultimately, the latter trumps the former. Anything I say on how beautiful someone is should be taken as a subjective opinion.

Could you please write that in English? ;)

Yeah, just keep it plain and simple so as to avoid confusing others, and (clearly) yourself. I like your posts, but I think you're guilty of just trying too hard in projecting this 'pompous and clever' schtick. Think who the 'audience' is and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom