Who is that well dressed man? Oh, it's a Mormon.

to argue about this is pointless.:( im mormon because it gives me joy and peace, nothing else has. this church speaks to me personally, i feel there is truth here. any of you interested to learn more check out the new mormon.org or pm me. otherwise good luck to you all on your searches.

Well there we go. You turned up here to foist your beliefs. Dangerously close to spam, which we normally delete. Google has a lot to answer for. I'm willing to bet you've done this before - proselytising based on daily Google searches. You are doomed to failure.

P.

JustusOne of my friends is involved in a religious group. Though an ardent feminist she continues to be involved in a group which relegates women to second place, making tea and tidying the chairs, and whose spiritual authority extends only to women's meetings, while the men get to lead mixed-sex meetings and take positions of responsibility and decision-making. She says "I want to change the organisation from within. I take a lesser place as an exercise in spiritual humility."

But why don't the enlightened men in the organisation assist her? Because they quite like being waited on, and having status as leaders. Their elevated position has nothing to do with being more spiritually aware, and so many do not even appear to think there is a problem. If they did, they'd try to change things, wouldn't they?

Does she help herself by quashing her simmering resentment in the hope that someone might take her seriously, at the expense of their own comfort?
A better choice might be to leave the organisation, and perhaps promote an organisation which is both spiritually fulfilling and encourages her to make the most of her talents. It's not as if there is a shortage of religious choices. She stays because she has been indoctrinated to believe that this is the ONLY way.

Many years ago (while I was still in College) I had a summer job where I worked alongside a Mormon feminist. Very nice, smart woman - a real idealist. She was determined to change the Mormon Church from within. I never forgot about her, and I sometimes wonder how things turned out. Did the Church finally grind her down? Is there some tiny feminist Mormon sect out there somewhere? Did she manage to leave the life behind and make her own way?

It was the same old story - she didn't know any life but the Church, which she instinctively felt to be wrong. Not an enviable position.

Well there we go. You turned up here to foist your beliefs. Dangerously close to spam, which we normally delete. Google has a lot to answer for. I'm willing to bet you've done this before - proselytising based on daily Google searches. You are doomed to failure.

P.

no, i remain a morrissey fan to the end. im here for the updates and frinky photos, and this was a post i wanted to contribute to. with forums you usually expect some negativity, and i wont have any part. im chiming in for those interested, and it is good for me to get your perspectives. but for goodness sake go start a thread in the pigsty if bashing is what you want.

no, i remain a morrissey fan to the end. im here for the updates and frinky photos, and this was a post i wanted to contribute to. with forums you usually expect some negativity, and i wont have any part. im chiming in for those interested, and it is good for me to get your perspectives. but for goodness sake go start a thread in the pigsty if bashing is what you want.

Well then I look forward to your contributions on subjects other than this, what with it being a Morrissey forum for the most part.

P.

with forums you usually expect some negativity, and i wont have any part.

And you're on solow? :lbf:
Good lord, people here can't even help themselves from Morrissey-bashing. You should expect they'd have no qualms about random religion-bashing. As you'd probably know from reading the other threads here in off-topic.

(sorry Uncle/Kewpie/David - I love the site, but you have to admit that there is quite a bit of negativity....)

P.

i don't know. i'd like to give justus the benefit of the doubt. s/he hasn't shown any zealotry so far.

Well then I look forward to your contributions on subjects other than this, what with it being a Morrissey forum for the most part.

P.

There are a lot of people that look at the site that never post. It makes sense that someone would post in a thread they were interested in personally. Maybe this guy doesn't really have an opinion on Morrissey having his picture taken with Lady Gaga and the other more central issues here.

Back
Top Bottom