Who co-wrote the 3 new songs?

The five unreleased Alain songs on that BMI list are very tantalising: Action Man, Teresa Teresa, I Was Bully Do Not Forget Me, When I Was Young, I'm Looking Forward To Going Back. It's practically half an album's worth. I hope they eventually surface in some form or another one day.

And what's even more interesting, there are two unreleased Marr songs and one unreleased Street song in that list!

Interestingly, if you utilize the search engine and search for "WHYTE ALAIN GORDON," there are unreleased Setting Fires songs credited to Alain and Matt Devine: God Hates Rock and Roll, Stay Falling In Love Will Kill (guessing this is not displaying correctly), and Vampire Lovesong. I know Alain mentioned that a new Setting Fires EP was a possibility.

And what's even more interesting, there are two unreleased Marr songs and one unreleased Street song in that list!

I thought they had been somewhat discredited?

Alongside the five fairly recent unreleased Alain songs is also Home Is A Question Mark, which is not listed. I can't recall if a co-writer was ever mooted for that one.

I thought they had been somewhat discredited?

Alongside the five fairly recent unreleased Alain songs is also Home Is A Question Mark, which is not listed. I can't recall if a co-writer was ever mooted for that one.

Alain co-wrote that as well. Before Warner Chappell Music was a member-only site, it was listed - not sure why it's not listed here.

Alain co-wrote that as well. Before Warner Chappell Music was a member-only site, it was listed - not sure why it's not listed here.

So, that's six Alain songs out there. Some have said they are in varying states of completion. Perhaps - but as they are listed it would seem they must be fairly well-advanced.

So, that's six Alain songs out there. Some have said they are in varying states of completion. Perhaps - but as they are listed it would seem they must be fairly well-advanced.

Various sources have said that Action Man was a RotT outtake. I was told by someone who spoke to Jesse that the other Alain titles circa YoR were not completed due to Jerry Finn falling ill.

Another interesting oddity: there is no listing for I'm Playing Easy to Get and Noise is the Best Revenge, though both were aired on the radio and the latter released as a single. These were listed on the Warner Chappell site, too - as was Kit.

Various sources have said that Action Man was a RotT outtake. I was told by someone who spoke to Jesse that the other Alain titles circa YoR were not completed due to Jerry Finn falling ill.

Another interesting oddity: there is no listing for I'm Playing Easy to Get and Noise is the Best Revenge, though both were aired on the radio and the latter released as a single. These were listed on the Warner Chappell site, too - as was Kit.

Odd. Especially as Noise... has been officially released. I'm hoping the Alain material surfaces on b-sides, if nowhere else. And it's not entirely without precedent that Morrissey might even rework something by a previous collaborator: At Amber and Ouija Board, for instance.

If Treat Me Like A Human Being can be deemed worthy of release, anything can! I'm sure these songs will no doubt eventually see the light of day.

Back
Top Bottom