Co-writing credits for the 3 new songs

A

Anonymous

According to the head Polecat via Facebook, Boz Boorer has confirmed that both "Action is my Middle Name" and "The Kid's a Looker" are Boz co-writes while "People are the Same Everywhere" is a Tobias composition.

No Alain songs yet!

Writing credits for three new songs...

Apologies if this has been officially confirmed, but do we know for sure who wrote the three new tracks?

People... is growing on me a bit. It really feels like a Jesse track i.e. no 3rd dimension or +alpha elements but a forward propulsion that Morrissey obviously loves. Instead of typical rawk production I think it'd sound good with a 60s wall of sound or Doors feel (Gustavo's keyboards around 1:50 mark). I dunno.

Action... is very good, with the best vocal melody of the three.

The Kid's... have to take another listen from the tour videos on Youtube, but...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so Action wasn't an Alain track in the end. I thought it could be Boz with the piano intro - it's a strong point of his style.
There might be Alain holdovers but it doesn't seem like he'll be contributing new stuff - hope springs eternal.

"People Are The Same..." is certainly a grower not a shower. I really like it now. It's funny, slight and amusingly misanthropic. I feel certain it is a Jesse co-write because there's a similarity in style with "I Knew I Was Next" and "You Have Killed Me". Something to do with chords most probably. "Action..." is a slow-burning classic in the making. As somebody commented elsewhere, "The Kid's A Looker" has a subtle rockabilly edge that marks it as most likely being Boz musically. Hope Alain has contributed something to the potential new LP... has anyone dared to ask him via Facebook?

Back
Top Bottom