Which of Morrissey's 'old pals' do you think he's collaborated with?

With which 'old pal' do you think Morrissey has recently collaborated?

• Total voters
It's sad when people get to the age where they can't remember things...especially things that happened within the last 3 posts on a message board.

Yes, that is sad. But I doubt my age has anything to do with not getting the Fabio thing.

Or maybe it does.

Either way.

Is it because that dying chick was pinned to a tree when she said "swing away" and I mentioned a tree?

I still don't get the Fabio thing, but I'm tired.

Let me walk you through it, Timmy.

Bros before hoes.

I didn't know you swung that way...

Just give me the right tree.

Swing away, Merrill...swing away.

fabio_whiteshite_web.jpg

Don't EVER make me do something like this again.

Well I'm only getting older, so you may have to.

And I still don't get it, by the way.

OK you win, I'm going to bed. Too tired to know what the hell pop-cultural reference I am not getting. Maybe in the morning when I'm sober and caffeinated I'll look at this and it will immediately make sense to me.

That picture is funny as f*** by the way.

Toodles!

He collaborated actively up until Ringleader. Some of his older compositions were used for Refusal but he and Morrissey had fallen out well before then and he was not involved with that album at all. He hadn't been contributing any new songs, so if he were to return to the fold, that would be a re-collaboration - it's been at least 5 years since they actively worked together. And that's a far more likely collaboration than any of the other suggestions.

But I hope it's someone more interesting - like Stephen or Johnny. I'm certainly not holding my breath though.

It's OK...I already know the details.

I think Mikey Farrell is the only amicable break-up...but really, contrary to the official story about him leaving to spend time with his family, it was because Morrissey wasn't paying him. But it was amicable in the sense that they both wanted nothing to do with each other. Lol.

Wow. I had absolutely no idea about this fall-out with Alain, I thought he was still actively contributing behind the scenes. How did you come to know these details? Do you both have inside sources or something? Please share!

Wow. I had absolutely no idea about this fall-out with Alain, I thought he was still actively contributing behind the scenes. How did you come to know these details? Do you both have inside sources or something? Please share!

I can't speak for Comtesse, but I don't have sources inside the Morrissey camp...just sources inside the Whyte camp.

Why does it have to be to get back into his favor? He could just be speaking honestly. I'm not saying you're wrong but I just think that's an unnecessary assumption.

Morrissey used to speak very highly of Joyce as well as of the rest of the guys. If not for the money thing I have a very hard time believing he would have ever made a disparaging remark about Joyce at all, in 23 years. He wanted Joyce and Rourke to continue with him, after all, and for awhile they did.

I think Joyce did genuinely enjoy his time in The Smiths and he has always spoken very bluntly about his respect and admiration for Morrissey and he has no reason to pretend otherwise. Morrissey is the one who likes to rewrite the past but I don't know who believes his bullshit at this point.

The money thing, I mean...whatever, that's between them. But honestly as time goes by, even though I don't agree with several aspects of Joyce's suit, I'd say the concept that Morrissey shoots from the hip where cash is concerned is definitely pretty sketchy. It's not like Joyce is the only one that has had problems over the years.

Joyce seems to be under the assumption that the Smiths may reform someday including him -- in a television interview promoting "Inside the Smiths" he's quoted as saying "stranger things have happened." He'd be pulling for this to happen because he obviously knows the HUGE payoff that would come with it.

There are actually quite a few on the shelf that we know of:

"Action Man", "I'm Looking Forward To Going Back", "When I Was Young", "I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me", and "Teresa, Teresa"...

"Action Man" was an abandoned number left unfinished from the "Ringleader" sessions -- information courtesy of Boz. Doesn't mean they WON'T return to it, but they didn't return to it for "Refusal."

Last edited:
"Action Man" was an abandoned number left unfinished from the "Ringleader" sessions -- information courtesy of Boz. Doesn't mean they WON'T return to it, but they didn't return to it for "Refusal."

You do know I'm the one who asked Boz that and posted it on this site, right? Lol.

Then why didn't you mention it in your post? Eh oh el.

Why would I? I was talking about shelved songs...it's still shelved no matter how complete or incomplete it is.

Also, in spite of what Boz says, I'm sure the song is more complete than he let on. He also said "Kit" was never finished and it obviously was.

Why would I? I was talking about shelved songs...it's still shelved no matter how complete or incomplete it is.

Also, in spite of what Boz says, I'm sure the song is more complete than he let on. He also said "Kit" was never finished and it obviously was.

You were responding to a post that was inquiring if there were any Whyte songs shelved for use on the next album. If "Action Man" was abandoned and wasn't used for "Refusal," it would only make sense to include that in your post for people who didn't know that information, which is why I included it.

Also, in spite of what you say, "Kit" was never used no matter how complete or incomplete it is. El oh el.

You were responding to a post that was inquiring if there were any Whyte songs shelved for use on the next album. If "Action Man" was abandoned and wasn't used for "Refusal," it would only make sense to include that in your post for people who didn't know that information, which is why I included it.

Also, in spite of what you say, "Kit" was never used no matter how complete or incomplete it is. El oh el.

After Jerry Finn's hemorrhage, a lot of material was abandoned. Nobody knows if he would have remixed or rerecorded the track...but it stands to reason with the number of B-sides from Quarry and ROTT, there was more to be worked on for YOR.

I don't recall me ever saying 'Kit' was used...maybe you do?

After Jerry Finn's hemorrhage, a lot of material was abandoned. Nobody knows if he would have remixed or rerecorded the track...but it stands to reason with the number of B-sides from Quarry and ROTT, there was more to be worked on for YOR.

I don't recall me ever saying 'Kit' was used...maybe you do?

From what Boz said, I was under the assumption that "Action Man" had been abandoned before intensive work on YOR was even begun -- that it was written FOR the Ringleader sessions, and once abandoned, well, that was it.

You likened "Kit"'s completion to the possibility of "Action Man"'s completion, which was completely irrelevant seeing as "Kit" was never used even though it was presumably relatively finished.

From what Boz said, I was under the assumption that "Action Man" had been abandoned before intensive work on YOR was even begun -- that it was written FOR the Ringleader sessions, and once abandoned, well, that was it.

You likened "Kit"'s completion to the possibility of "Action Man"'s completion, which was completely irrelevant seeing as "Kit" was never used even though it was presumably relatively finished.

I wouldn't neccessarily say once it was abandoned that was that. Look at "No One Can Hold A Candle To You" and "It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small". He let the original recordings of those sit for 7 years before rerecording them! "Good Looking Man About Town" was from the Quarry sessions but it still ended up being remixed by Visconti and released as a ROTT B-side. The man is ALWAYS in need of B-sides. If he doesn't release a known track on the following album he works on, then chances are you won't hear it until he's 65 and remastering his entire back catalog again with MORE extra tracks. Like I said though, YOR may be an exception because of Finn's death. We'll see on the first single from the new album.

Right. I likened it to it's completion. Period. End of story. It doesn't matter if it wasn't used, it was still futher along in production than Boz claimed. Boz claims a lot...I'm not going to mince words, Boz lies a lot...for whatever reason.

Well, well, well..."Action Man" = "Action Is My Middle Name"...looks like I was right...as usual.

Back
Top Bottom